How to death with condi as a Specter?

Lonewolf Kai.3682

1 hour ago, Bern.9613 said:

They do. The more successful ones use sword/pistol. They don't even bother with scepter.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PaABwqhrlhy2YZsUWLW2XnRXA-zVRYihNH94SwxZJiZAA-w

Or something similar to this.

I guess there are no successful ones then since I've never seen that used. I see core Thieves and Daredevils more than anything and the occasional Deadeyes using Rifle and never landing any of their hits. Are you just headshotting and AAing or does Mesmer runes effect Stun too? I know Paralyze runes effect both but not sure if it works other way around.

As for dealing with Condi, Thief is highly reliant on Cleansing Sigils and you got Hungering Darkness as Specter. Lotta builds use Sword/Dagger in one of your weaponsets which gives you removal with 2. You can also give them the condi's back with Generocity Sigil.

Edited by Doggie.3184

You can make a specter basically invulnerable to conditions if you run antitoxin runes, a cleansing sigil, SA and hungering darkness with D/P. I face tanked two immob druids and a condi mirage 1v3 with this once and lived, I was on trailblazer myself though which does make it slightly easier to do than on power. It's a lot of damage lost over the critical strikes version of the build above, so if you want to run crit strikes you'd probably be better taking the antitoxin runes with hungering darkness and cleansing on sword then adjusting to what feels good but still lets you survive. 

I run Specter in wvw (condi funnily enough). My biggest clears are sword 2, Shadow Return (the flip of shadowstep), and signet of Agility. Antitoxin runes aren't a necessity, especially if you're hoping to dish out reasonable damage during roaming. 

The key is being patient and not panicking when you're loaded with condi. Often, I'll precast sword 2 so that on return I can clear first wave condis, then pop signet of agility if there continues to be really heavy condis applied to me. Your Shroud 2 also cleanses condi, so if you're in a pickle, pop shroud on and then immediately press 5 (Mind shock), then 2 (grasping shadows) on top of yourself.

The number one mistake I see thief players in general make when playing against condi is that they don't realize they've got st least 1 - 2 seconds of time to respond to the condi ticks. 

Edited by Demonhead.7584

On 1/28/2023 at 9:13 AM, Doggie.3184 said:

I guess there are no successful ones then since I've never seen that used. I see core Thieves and Daredevils more than anything and the occasional Deadeyes using Rifle and never landing any of their hits. Are you just headshotting and AAing or does Mesmer runes effect Stun too? I know Paralyze runes effect both but not sure if it works other way around.

As for dealing with Condi, Thief is highly reliant on Cleansing Sigils and you got Hungering Darkness as Specter. Lotta builds use Sword/Dagger in one of your weaponsets which gives you removal with 2. You can also give them the condi's back with Generocity Sigil.

• Like 1