Put diminishing returns on knockdowns.

Eddie.9143

5 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Okay, but the less kd time that skill puts on you, the more damage it should do. You still should be required to dodge.

I have no problem with cc doing damage. Just don't be able to knock me down for 6 seconds then interrupt me then magebane tether me then full counter then endure pain then back to more knockdowns.

• Like 4

The dimishing return already exist, don't stunbreak until you are threatened with actual damage. CC deals no damage so feel free to take it all if people are willingly spamming it.

(To think people want damage back on CC to begin with. We've gone down 20% universal damage nerf with removal of damage on CC and people still think damage is too high.)

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont see the point of topics like that. If you have a problem with CC chains, put more stunbreaks in your utils or use your survival CDs better (if you dont use any, accept that your build has tradeoffs and move on).

Dont request radical changes to the game just because you dont want to play the game...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

To think people want damage back on CC to begin with. We've gone down 20% universal damage nerf with removal of damage on CC and people still think damage is too high.

Couple of weeks ago I was in a very stacked plat3 match. In almost every fights (unless 1v1 ofc), downstate was cleaved faster than res signet cast. This match was an outlier, but damage is there (comps was something like 2 catas + 2 hammer spb + 1 random kitten).

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Couple of weeks ago I was in a very stacked plat3 match. In almost every fights (unless 1v1 ofc), downstate was cleaved faster than res signet cast. This match was an outlier, but damage is there (comps was something like 2 catas + 2 hammer spb + 1 random kitten).

1 cata already has low effort damage, I don't want to think about 2.

I can guaranteed you that a Hammer Warrior of any sort has no cleave since their damage comes from hitting stunned enemies with Fierce Blow.

@apharma.3741While it sounds good on paper, I can tell you it doesn't do much. I play with Glaring Resolve on Revenant and I still get CC'd a majority of the time. Stability on stunbreak is only useful if your skill has a cast time which is mostly just a Revenant thing to begin with.

Edited by Shao.7236

16 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

The dimishing return already exist, don't stunbreak until you are threatened with actual damage. CC deals no damage so feel free to take it all if people are willingly spamming it.

(To think people want damage back on CC to begin with. We've gone down 20% universal damage nerf with removal of damage on CC and people still think damage is too high.)

This is exactly the correct assessment I agree with. 

On the front of CC damage though, CC damage should return to the WvW side of the PvP spectrum at the very least considering the different landscape of play and varying situations, like people drowning in permanent stability + Boons in larger fights, or ye immortal axe untamed roamer build. 

Edited by Lucentfir.7430
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

This is exactly the correct assessment I agree with. 

On the front of CC damage though, CC damage should return to the WvW side of the PvP spectrum at the very least considering the different landscape of play and varying situations, like people drowning in permanent stability + Boons in larger fights, or ye immortal axe untamed roamer build. 

Yeah, Feb2020's damage nerf to hard CCs in both game modes is a case study in why you shouldn't balance WvW like it's PvP.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

1 cata already has low effort damage, I don't want to think about 2.

I can guaranteed you that a Hammer Warrior of any sort has no cleave since their damage comes from hitting stunned enemies with Fierce Blow.

@apharma.3741While it sounds good on paper, I can tell you it doesn't do much. I play with Glaring Resolve on Revenant and I still get CC'd a majority of the time. Stability on stunbreak is only useful if your skill has a cast time which is mostly just a Revenant thing to begin with.

Sorry the lazy dev fix was meant to be what I expect ANet to do because it's lazy and would not actually fix the issue.