So, can we finally get rid of transmutation charges?

Gibson.4036

On 2/15/2023 at 12:31 AM, Smoky.5348 said:

Okay, and what about all the other new players who don't see an outfit they want? That's not gonna help them.

Also, you're asking a new player to spend money on the cash shop.  Which is also scummy.  Gw2 has a lot of pay to convince scumbag options, but that one is pretty bad.  "Our system sucks, so spend money to alleviate it."  Great job!

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:

Also, you're asking a new player to spend money on the cash shop.  Which is also scummy.  Gw2 has a lot of pay to convince scumbag options, but that one is pretty bad.  "Our system sucks, so spend money to alleviate it."  Great job!

Not really, they can get charges by playing the game.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:

The point was a new player.  A new player isn't going to have enough gold to convert.

Since when is spamming transmutation charges left and right some kind of deal breaker for a new player? Even moreso when they barely unlocked any skins?
Also when I said "they can get charges by playing the game", it was not somehow specifically about converting gold to gems.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Since when is spamming transmutation charges left and right some kind of deal breaker for a new player? Even moreso when they barely unlocked any skins?
Also when I said "they can get charges by playing the game", it was not somehow specifically about converting gold to gems.

It's not a deal breaker.  It's scummy and a garbage system, but it's not a deal breaker.  The guy I was replying to was saying new players should just buy outfits to circumvent the terrible system.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

The point was a new player.  A new player isn't going to have enough gold to convert.

Playing the game means interacting with the pvp community too, because is the only way to get them. I'd rather look like a clown.

Is that or ask players to join objectively abandoned content for months to get a legendary armor set for just 1 weight class. So they have to do it 3 times. And also get one or two legendary weapon of each type. Just so you can freely do fashion.

No other mmo has a shittier mog system.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Geronmy.3298 said:

No other mmo has a shittier mog system.

FFXIVs is pretty bad.  This one is like Great Value Wow's transmog system with a currency attached to it.  It's funny how if it cost in game money scaling by gear level it would be infinitely better, but the playerbase is too stuck in their ways with this god awful system.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

FFXIVs is pretty bad.  This one is like Great Value Wow's transmog system with a currency attached to it.  It's funny how if it cost in game money scaling by gear level it would be infinitely better, but the playerbase is too stuck in their ways with this god awful system.

In ffxiv even if the storage is trash by itself, you can freely change skins for dirt cheap and have up to 20 free transmog templates. The transmog is infinitely better outside of the storage.

Dyes in gw2 are better tho.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Geronmy.3298 said:

In ffxiv even if the storage is trash by itself, you can freely change skins for dirt cheap and have up to 20 free transmog templates. The transmog is infinitely better outside of the storage.

Dyes in gw2 are better tho.

They are adding dyes to ffxiv.  Well more channels.

But yeah, I can see what you're saying.  Still though if you ignore the storage system GW2's gets way worse.  It's like almost there, but they got greedy.

Adding on I'd be more inclined to buy cash shop skins if the system was better.  As it is now I don't buy skins, because the system is so bad.  Just saying.

Edited by PMoneyMobileRobot.4630
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

No, as owner of 4309 transmutation charges, I strongly stand against this, collected it for a long time, thou shalt not diminish my supremacy in owning/having the most transmutation charges, as owner of legendary armor I also strongly stand against this. you will get it when you earn it.
https://ibb.co/hVJR3B3 screenshot proof i have 4309 charges.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

don't you get transmutation charges for map completion sometimes?  It has been ages since I completed a core map, but I vaguely remember...
I do know that you can get transmutation charges from the daily login reward.  I forget how often each month.  But yeah there is no reason to buy transmutation charges at all. Not with gold conversion or cash.  

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:

I don't recall any new player including myself having issues with a lack of transmutations and they drop like sweeties all over the place in the game, certainly enough for a player levelling to max level and beyond.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:

Adding on I'd be more inclined to buy cash shop skins if the system was better.  As it is now I don't buy skins, because the system is so bad.  Just saying.

Ah yes, the "if I get more free things, I'll spend more" claim. In your last posts you were argumenting not from your own perspective, but from the one of the "new player". You're not new, there's plenty of charges to get through gameplay. It's rather doubtful you'd suddenly start throwing money at them after the change of transmutation system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

New players should be discouraged from using transmutation charges, regardless of how plentiful they appear. Trying to play fashion wars while levelling and replacing equipment at regular intervals, particularly given the increased pace of levelling these days, is likely to prove a frustrating experience.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/6/2023 at 10:27 AM, Sobx.1758 said:

Ah yes, the "if I get more free things, I'll spend more" claim. In your last posts you were argumenting not from your own perspective, but from the one of the "new player". You're not new, there's plenty of charges to get through gameplay. It's rather doubtful you'd suddenly start throwing money at them after the change of transmutation system.

I only have like 40.  And I don't use them because I have so few.  I refuse to buy them because I'm not that stupid.

You can make fun of my all you want, but a system that is respectful to me would incline me to interact with it more.  As it is I only care about outfits.  Since shards are handled so terribly.

• Confused 7

53 minutes ago, PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:

I only have like 40.  And I don't use them because I have so few.  I refuse to buy them because I'm not that stupid.

So you wait until you come up with a look you like and then you commit by using transmutation charges and with that one simple trick you still have 40 charges to use. As for "I refuse to buy them", I think you're talking about buying charges right? I admit that I was thinking the last part of my post will be confusing (because "them" could be understood as either of "skins", "charges" or even "anet"), but when I said "It's rather doubtful you'd suddenly start throwing money at them after the change of transmutation system.", it was still directed at the initial claim of "buying skins", so in this context "them" = "skins".

53 minutes ago, PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:

You can make fun of my all you want, but a system that is respectful to me would incline me to interact with it more.  As it is I only care about outfits.  Since shards are handled so terribly.

I am not making fun of you. But I've already seen threads on this forum that said things like "anet, you should start sending us more free stuff from gemstore, that would make me spend more money on gems!". Buying skins basically "grants you a transmutation charge" because those "skin items" are free to apply to the items the first time you do it. If you like a skin and think you could use it on your character now, the free application is included. It's the subsequential ones that are not.
And as you rightfully noticed, changing the charging system would work directly against the outfit system (and that includes the complaint about "finding better gear piece while leveling, but disliking how it looks"). I'd say not much being said here will change anything since any decisions in regard of the outfit/charge system will be motivated by the gemstore "bills".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So you wait until you come up with a look you like and then you commit by using transmutation charges and with that one simple trick you still have 40 charges to use. As for "I refuse to buy them", I think you're talking about buying charges right? I admit that I was thinking the last part of my post will be confusing (because "them" could be understood as either of "skins", "charges" or even "anet"), but when I said "It's rather doubtful you'd suddenly start throwing money at them after the change of transmutation system.", it was still directed at the initial claim of "buying skins", so in this context "them" = "skins".

I am not making fun of you. But I've already seen threads on this forum that said things like "anet, you should start sending us more free stuff from gemstore, that would make me spend more money on gems!". Buying skins basically "grants you a transmutation charge" because those "skin items" are free to apply to the items the first time you do it. If you like a skin and think you could use it on your character now, the free application is included. It's the subsequential ones that are not.
And as you rightfully noticed, changing the charging system would work directly against the outfit system (and that includes the complaint about "finding better gear piece while leveling, but disliking how it looks"). I'd say not much being said here will change anything since any decisions in regard of the outfit/charge system will be motivated by the gemstore "bills".

I have yet to see a vaild argument against removing the shards and adding a cost in regular game money based on item level with level 80 gear costing the most.  I don't see how that would hurt the game in anyway.  You can keep the shards in game and have the reward still exist.  The shards serving as a free wardrobe change.

I have no problem with skins or outfits being in the game.  I could care less.  What I do care about is a system that is bad for no reason other than to push people to pay money or do x activities to circumvent.  It's a bad system is all I'm saying.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

15 minutes ago, PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:

I have yet to see a vaild argument against removing the shards and adding a cost in regular game money based on item level with level 80 gear costing the most.  I don't see how that would hurt the game in anyway.  You can keep the shards in game and have the reward still exist.  The shards serving as a free wardrobe change.

Ok -and I have yet to see a valid argument for removing the shards, since plenty of solutions for presented "charges problems" have been provided. The charges are acquirable through gameplay and they have a set ingame price, even if you think it's too high.
You also just quoted it, but not sure if it was missed or not, since it seems directly related to your current "cost based on item level" idea: And as you rightfully noticed, changing the charging system would work directly against the outfit system.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok -and I have yet to see a valid argument for removing the shards, since plenty of solutions for presented "charges problems" have been provided. The charges are acquirable through gameplay and they have a set ingame price, even if you think it's too high.
You also just quoted it, but not sure if it was missed or not, since it seems directly related to your current "cost based on item level" idea: And as you rightfully noticed, changing the charging system would work directly against the outfit system.

That one's easy you keep the outfits as unique skins.  It's still a 5 piece outfit vs. a 1 piece item.  One is still objectively better in that sense.  So I'm confused how you go there buddy.

Also they still can monetize the other aspects of the outfit.  You need a cool cape and a cool weapon don't you?  Well you're in luck we sell one on the cash shop!

Problem solved.

Edited by PMoneyMobileRobot.4630
  • Confused 6

6 minutes ago, PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:

That one's easy you keep the outfits as unique skins.  It's still a 5 piece outfit vs. a 1 piece item.  One is still objectively better in that sense.  So I'm confused how you go there buddy.

I don't get it, what "5 piece outfit vs a 1 piece item"? How do you know applying outfit to 5 part items is somehow "easy"? For example, do all outfits have ability to hide gloves and shoulders?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't get it, what "5 piece outfit vs a 1 piece item"? How do you know applying outfit to 5 part items is somehow "easy"? For example, do all outfits have ability to hide gloves and shoulders?

The outfit covers 5 pieces of gear.  A skin is only one.  And no most outfits only let you hide the helm.  Or at least the ones I own only have that option.

Again though going in circles.

The devs monetize the skins.  They monetize the outfits.  Why is the item needed to use the skins monetized as well?  Greed, and if you ask any player they will tell you at great lengths how you can circumvent the system of transmutation shards.  Because the player's themselves deemed them not worth real money.

So by that logic we are all in agreement that they aren't worth buying as items.  Nobody is willing to drop gems on shards.  If they are god help them.

I've seen dozens of posts asking for them to be removed as they aren't new player friendly.

So I'm asking you why you still want them in the game in this way?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:

The outfit covers 5 pieces of gear.  A skin is only one.  And no most outfits only let you hide the helm.  Or at least the ones I own only have that option.

A lot of outfits cover 6. Yes, from my experience most outfits don't allow you to turn off gloves and shoulder pieces, so it's already different than when you have separate armor skins, which is why I don't know how you can be so sure all of it is somehow such an easy transition between the skin and outfit systems.

The devs monetize the skins.  They monetize the outfits.  Why is the item needed to use the skins monetized as well? 

Transmutation charges aren't somehow specifically related to gemstore items, they're related to any skin you acquire ingame.
And yeah, I already wrote this in one of the previous posts: I'd say not much being said here will change anything since any decisions in regard of the outfit/charge system will be motivated by the gemstore "bills".

and if you ask any player they will tell you at great lengths how you can circumvent the system of transmutation shards.  Because the player's themselves deemed them not worth real money.

(...)

Nobody is willing to drop gems on shards.

I don't think I understand what you're saying here, maybe you can explain? "circumvent the system of transmutation shards"?

And, again, you don't know how many players buy shards since neither of us have access to that data. Only anet does and chances are if the charges weren't purchased by anyone then they might be working on changing the system anyways. In the same way though: if people are buying them, they probably won't change the system.

So I'm asking you why you still want them in the game in this way?

"want" is a strong word, but other than that, the question you're asking here was already answered: it's because I don't see that system as problematic. Charges can be earned through gameplay and they don't need to be spammed left and right.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1