What class for archievments hunting and doing collections?

carsomyr.9841

Greetings,

newish player here. I'm a completionist. I love to hunt archievments and collect things. I like to be self sufficent in solo/open world content. I'm also a one toon player i don't like alts. In other MMO's like WoW there a some classes that are suited better for farming skins, mounts, pets and doing archievments than others. So what class would you recommend to me?

Ty all for your time and answers.

The only real difference between classes, would be mesmer, due to being able to make a portal, which helps with some achievements.

Other than that, there is not much advantage over other classes (and there are itemized portals anyway). In the end it's up to your preference and which system suits you best. 

• Thanks 2

You can have personal rewinder for karma which does the same thing as portal but just personal use. Power mech rifle will get you a long way for doing daunting collections and when you need to solo due no one around or help you cheese sometimes as long as your creativity goes. It has stun break, teleport, condi cleanse, movement speed, gap closers, a pet(tank, share damage), insane cc all these together and without compromising dps output and if you expand to scrapper then you will also have stealth, superspeed and anything you will ever need in one character. 

Mesmer, Revenant are fair alternatives, but imo nothing comes close to versality of engineer and its elite specs, engineer kits and utilities as of now.

Edited by fatihso.7258
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 10:18 AM, Beddo.1907 said:

The only real difference between classes, would be mesmer, due to being able to make a portal, which helps with some achievements.

Other than that, there is not much advantage over other classes (and there are itemized portals anyway). In the end it's up to your preference and which system suits you best. 

Depends what exactly there are going for.

There are achievements in the game which require you to use a specific weapon type, like getting kills on said weapon or the collections for the heroic dragonblood weapons (OP mentioned that they want to go skin hunting).

For these, warrior as the class with the most weapons available has an advantage.

Hmm it does depend, Mesmer is the go but you will have a hard time soloing or doing some of the Living World story achievements on it. 

Your best bet in that situation is anything with more passive bonuses like Guardian or Renegade. Some achievements are tied to let's say swapping you weapon bar out, consistent boons with Herald might be the best way to go in those circumstances. 

Interaction speed is another factor so things like Quickness and Alacrity will help alot. The only real option in those circumstances is Untamed, Mechanist, Chronomancer. 

Over all Mesmer is the best but when it comes to survive a fight to get X achievement you might have to really play some off Meta stuff. Celestial boon support or something. 

6 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Over all Mesmer is the best but when it comes to survive a fight to get X achievement you might have to really play some off Meta stuff. Celestial boon support or something. 

Meta mirage is the most unkillable spec in the game. Survival is certainly not an issue.

5 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Guardian gives aegis on mount which makes traveling slightly easier.

mesmer has portal.

thief has lots of stealth for getting past enemies you don't want to fight

Guardian aegis on mounts is such a QoL and advantage when skimming through areas, it cannot be understated. It makes traveling and mount switching sooo much easier. Mesmer also has plenty of TP and stealth too, on top of portal.