Why aren't the ingredients for Flasks of Metabolic and Flasks of Utility Primers not included in Material Storage?

umiplays.9216

I think his question was , why are those items neither able to be stored in collection of materials , neither in the wallet (make more sense in collection) , think you are confusing with another items , these are more like non id items .

And yes , think it wouldn't hurt anyone to have those in the "mat. collection" .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yes. Afaik to bad coding - that allows them to only include a limited amount of items into there. And they do want to avoid reaching the cap (so they have still room for future content where materials might get added).

I wonder though ... why there is stuff you do not really need to farm/gather. (Like rune stones you buy for 1g at the NPC where you can buy them as needed.) They did a bad job at deciding what to put into there. Especially if you consider that the mats for the flasks are "premium" content (can only be planted if you bought the garden - not with the free garden plot from achievement).

A workaround might be if they created just another material storage in the background (with better coding) that would allow them to add more stuff. Then making it just display in the same window. If they can't fix the old one. Seems like this has no priority though. (Though we got a lot of stuff that came as a surprise - where no one would have expected improvements. In the past few months ... convenience stuff like showing if the map is full in lfg and stuff like that.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

because that space is limited.

And once placed there they cant be taken away check legendary divination as proof.

You cant get those anymore and u can cosume the once you have into the wallet.

OP is refering to Ascalonian Royal Iris, Koda's Blossom Petal, Krytan Spiderwort Bloom, and Shing Jea Orchid Petal, which are listed as Basic materials but can't be stored

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Don't forget that those decision are also made because of money . More bank slots , or more inventory bag slots , which can ofc be bought with Ig money , but also with gems ... They have to let some items unable to be stocked or else bank slots wouldn't mean anything.

Do you remember when non id stuff came up ? My god , such a relief to not have your inventory blown away because you had 114 blue stuff and 89 green stuff ...

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

because that space is limited.

They can replace legendary deviation if they want. They just dont want to do it yet. 

But they can replace less useful materials that occupy the material storage. Like those legendary 2.2 tributes which is in my opinion a complete waste of time. 

4 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

They can replace legendary deviation if they want. They just dont want to do it yet. 

But they can replace less useful materials that occupy the material storage. Like those legendary 2.2 tributes which is in my opinion a complete waste of time. 

Not according to Linsey, the Dev that was in charge of Material Storage.  I know because I asked her about removing/changing some Material Storage spaces back when there was a thread discussing what should be added to Material Storage. 

Edit:  I still have miniatures in the old storage spaces. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Not according to Linsey, the Dev that was in charge of Material Storage.  I know because I asked her about removing/changing some Material Storage spaces back when there was a thread discussing what should be added to Material Storage. 

They probably could, but it would require a lot of effort. Problem is, they cannot do any change to a material storage slot as long as even one person has something in it. They can autoconsume items from specific storage slot (and thus move them to the wallet) but that happens only at the character login time. They'd have to somehow deal with all those characters that haven;t logged in, and perhaps won;t be logging in for months or years (or ever). And they do not have any tools for that - they'd have to make those first.

30 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Edit:  I still have miniatures in the old storage spaces. 

In addition to the abovementioned reason, this is also because you could have duplicates. The autoconsume worked only on the first miniature in each slot, but couldn't do anything for those you've had already unlocked (which included all subsequent ones). Which is why there's a ton of people with multiple Jennas in storage.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Those materials have a possibility of being obtained only if a player purchases a specific service from the gemshop... Some might and some might not purchase it's totally optional... Reserving bank space for an optional item which is not part of the game or expansion is questionable.... The difference/ importance between a living world episode currency and a garden plot deed materials is too much that they decided not to include them in mat storage...

There are more popular mmo which doesn't even have mat storage and force u to pay monthly premium for just 90 slots 

8 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Also, why can't we upgrade these Primers to the 12-hour version? It would save us some bank slots.

For the 12-hour version I guess they want them to be exclusive to the other sources. (Only one that comes - without checking the wiki - to my mind is the statuettes vendor.) For money reasons. (People buying more gems to buy keys to open chests to get statuettes.)

I would have liked to see a mid-tier version maybe. Even if it was only twice the duration of the small ones. (4 hours instead of 2.) And costing more than twice. (Like ... use 3 to upgrade them into a mid-sized versoin that lasts twice as long.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Those materials have a possibility of being obtained only if a player purchases a specific service from the gemshop... Some might and some might not purchase it's totally optional... Reserving bank space for an optional item which is not part of the game or expansion is questionable.... The difference/ importance between a living world episode currency and a garden plot deed materials is too much that they decided not to include them in mat storage...

There are more popular mmo which doesn't even have mat storage and force u to pay monthly premium for just 90 slots 

Hmm considering that we did pay for the 2 extra land plots, wouldn't it be good to consider the material storage to come with it too? Or is it asking too much? XD

Edited by umiplays.9216
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1