I die all the time, help :S

Deathleecher.8532

Might Makes Right and Building Momentum for HP and Endurance gain. Take all the might sources

Mending Might and Phalanx Strength for LOTS of healing. Take all the might sources.

Run both of the above to be near immortal in PvE.

Defense has great sustain my default. Defy Pain with Headbutt is great defense. Take Endure Pain, Savage Instinct, and Eternal Champion with it. This is probably the best sustain in WvW at the moment. Would be OVERKILL in PvE, but give it a shot.

On BSW take Immortal Dragon. Don't full charge Dragon Slash if you don't need to. Run with Arms for Burst Precision and use Cavalier stats. (PvE btw). I wouldn't run BSW in PvP or WvW at the moment, but if you do, then use the MMR, MM, PS synergy above or the Defense line.

• Confused 1

You might already be doing this but you can avoid almost all dmg of PVE melee Mobs by Moving arround while you fight.

One of the simplest ways is strafing in a circle adjust the radius that so that melee's stay moving almost all the time.

This should work quite effective if you have swiftness or Warrior Sprint.

Post your gear and build.

Use this until you get familiar with warrior:

Discipline (x,1,x) <-double standards for banners

Mending, Shake-it-off, Banner-of-Defense, Banner-of-Tactics

Also, if you are Bladesworn, try using Golemancer runes.  It summons a golem that will tank, interrupt and push mobs.  Works great with Gunsaber cause the golem will knock mobs around and you just pummel them with Gunsaber.

Here is my Bladesworn build (all exotic gear)

Armor: Berserker with Golemancer

Weapons : Assassins Axe(Force)/Pistal(Accuracy)

Accessories: Assassin

Build: Strength(3,2,1) Discipline(2,1,1) Bladesworn(2,2,2) lol its all i have unlocked

Skills: Mending, Shake-it-off, Signet-of-Fury, Banner-of-Tactics, Signet-of-Rage(for swiftness)

With those jade bot offense/defense nodes you will never die and will mow down mobs in EoD open world.  I was using Banner of tactics for open world groups so when you get better you can ditch it for Kick or Bulls Rush or Stomp for breakbars while soloing.

• Like 2

Warrior has very little sustain. In PVE I'm running might makes right. Its healing is pitiful but a lot of might sources add up and I have at least *some* healing: 2 might on crit sigils, FGJ, axe burst, GS trait, etc. There a lot of traits that can help you survive but you'll end up with the mandatory discipline traitline and probably 1 specialization so that only leaves 1 traitline and all the various healing options are spread out.

• Haha 3

Sustain and 30k+ dps on warrior. Since the hammer update this is easily possible.

Weapons: Hammer + Dagger/Axe

for open world: Impact, Force, Bloodlust and Celerity sigil and any rune that gives you decent extra damage (best case would be scholar runes)

stats: full berserk everything

traits:

defense: bottom bottom bottom

strength: bottom bottom top

spellbreaker: top bottom bottom

skills: mending, bulls charge, signet of might, signet of fury and signet of rage

very durable thx to almost permanent stability, full counter and adrenal health.

3 hours ago, dukefx.9730 said:

Warrior has very little sustain. In PVE I'm running might makes right. Its healing is pitiful but a lot of might sources add up and I have at least *some* healing: 2 might on crit sigils, FGJ, axe burst, GS trait, etc. There a lot of traits that can help you survive but you'll end up with the mandatory discipline traitline and probably 1 specialization so that only leaves 1 traitline and all the various healing options are spread out.

Str: mid/mid/mid

Tact: mid/bot/bot

Last line doesn't matter. Take all the might sources. Run any of the runes that summons an NPC ally. Use consumables that summon allies. Stand near those allies and other players. Use your skills off CD. You will not die so long as you dodge the ohko skills.

If you don't mind having low damage and mostly being a tank in terms of pve This build could work but it is a bit pricey. a cheaper variant runs full soldiers stats with power infusions. You can use sword or axe instead of mace but if you do swap the sigil of paralyzation for force. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAIl7lFw0YXMMGKO+OtpUA-zxIY6om/UaREUrCoCJQNDBVdICye4tkymGA-e shouts clear conditions along with mini heals, burst skill per bar removes a condition as well along with every condition you remove all heals you and nearby allies as well. It's not the best build out there but if you want to take a hit it works pretty decently even though it has very low healing power as well.

Edited by prototypedragon.1406

On 2/20/2023 at 8:00 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Str: mid/mid/mid

Tact: mid/bot/bot

Last line doesn't matter. Take all the might sources. Run any of the runes that summons an NPC ally. Use consumables that summon allies. Stand near those allies and other players. Use your skills off CD. You will not die so long as you dodge the ohko skills.

^ This and spellbreaker with DD/GS for weapons going top/bot/bot even more might from dagger auto attack and a bit more healing from having a dagger offhand. 

• 3 weeks later...