I like gw2 pvp

Deadmoose.6594

I recently went through my old gw2 pvp posts and removed all of the content of said posts as I came to the realization that I actually enjoy gw2 pvp for the most part. It's all I actually do in the game, because it doesn't take a lot of time and I have limited time these days.

I also realized that being negative and blaming certain things isn't going to solve anything. Sure matchmaking can throw you the short end of the stick several times in a row, sure you might get teammates that don't listen at all, sure there are always going to be OP specs and balance issues. Overall though I think its a solid game, and I enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out how to win in a match. I guess in the beginning of 3v3 I didn't know how to survive well, so I was dying quick...but as I've continued to play the game mode I've learned how to survive for longer, which means more damage output and a better outcome for the team overall.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I recently went through my old gw2 pvp posts and removed all of the content of said posts as I came to the realization that I actually enjoy gw2 pvp for the most part. It's all I actually do in the game, because it doesn't take a lot of time and I have limited time these days.

I also realized that being negative and blaming certain things isn't going to solve anything. Sure matchmaking can throw you the short end of the stick several times in a row, sure you might get teammates that don't listen at all, sure there are always going to be OP specs and balance issues. Overall though I think its a solid game, and I enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out how to win in a match. I guess in the beginning of 3v3 I didn't know how to survive well, so I was dying quick...but as I've continued to play the game mode I've learned how to survive for longer, which means more damage output and a better outcome for the team overall.

i am HELLA proud! 🤩

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 2

I’ve been playing since launch. I did dungeons while leveling, got my first exotic set and stopped. I did like three fractals. Never done a raid. Never done a strike. Still haven’t finished EOD story. I dabble in wvw roaming. However, 95% of my gameplay time is pvp. There just is genuinely nothing else like it on the market. Even when I hate it, I love it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zuko.7132 said:

I’ve been playing since launch. I did dungeons while leveling, got my first exotic set and stopped. I did like three fractals. Never done a raid. Never done a strike. Still haven’t finished EOD story. I dabble in wvw roaming. However, 95% of my gameplay time is pvp. There just is genuinely nothing else like it on the market. Even when I hate it, I love it.

It is definitely a love hate vibe for me as well.

I enjoy it, too. And I'm terrible at it.

I love close matches. I love when one of my teammates declares we've lost early in the game and then we go on to win. I love it when I learn something new about how to use my character and actually develop the muscle memory to do it. I love when my team is beating our heads against a wall and I shake things up, grab a different node, and suddenly everything changes.

Recently, for the first time, I swapped builds to specifically counter my opponents. Proud day. 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zuko.7132 said:

I find it really strange, there is no innovation in PVP games at all. I wish there was something like GW 2 pvp in its own game 3d battle arena game with multiple skills that have push and pull offense defense mechanics, but there isn't. There is Smite but it is MOBA style skills and not the reactive combat one like GW2 so that is out.

There was Battlerite which is isometric but it fulfilled the skillful combat requirement yet it failed because of weird marketing and messed up several times on how to monetize it and it kind of fizzled out. 

Now there is Naraka  Bladepoint witch looks really good on the skillful 3d combat side but it is kittening battle royal, which ruins it for me, since it adds unnecessary layer of busy work instead of letting you PVP.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I find it really strange, there is no innovation in PVP games at all. I wish there was something like GW 2 pvp in its own game 3d battle arena game with multiple skills that have push and pull offense defense mechanics, but there isn't.

Wasn't this GW1? But yeah...I wish Anet gave it more attention. It can be pretty fun, the rewards are good, and it doesn't take too long for a match to be completed.

I think they should somehow enforce some code of conduct rules on it though, so that the toxicity is more under control. That in and of itself is going to drive away a lot of players. Other than that the only things they could do is make new maps, fix balance issues and improve matchmaking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1