Question about legendary armor and equipment templates

To the point: do equipment templates remember the different stats and rune sets in legendary armor?

If I have a full set of legendary armor (which I don't) and 

am creating two separate equip templates, and one set is for dps and the other for healing, will the template remember the runes as well as the different stats?

It even remembers the dye choices and skin settings for each tab.Also, like Linken said tho that if you swap say a legendary weapon for an ascended weapon when you place the legendary back you would need to set it up again (not the whole tab just the thing u swapped out and back) The template system + armory becomes very good qol not perfect, but its pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 8:22 PM, Moradorin.6217 said:

It even remembers the dye choices and skin settings for each tab.Also, like Linken said tho that if you swap say a legendary weapon for an ascended weapon when you place the legendary back you would need to set it up again (not the whole tab just the thing u swapped out and back) The template system + armory becomes very good qol not perfect, but its pretty good.

I agree very good but not perfect, Anet wants to sell Equipment Template Expansions.

On 2/28/2023 at 8:32 AM, TalonSilver.7628 said:

To the point: do equipment templates remember the different stats and rune sets in legendary armor?

No. Those aren't templates but loadouts. As soon as you change anything within a tab (i.e., stats, runes, sigils), that change sticks -- meaning: you can't go back to your previous setting without changing it back manually. There is no "save template" option for equipment tabs.

That's why you need separate tabs (i.e., loadouts) for different equipment sets.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

On 2/27/2023 at 11:32 PM, TalonSilver.7628 said:

If I have a full set of legendary armor (which I don't) and 

am creating two separate equip templates, and one set is for dps and the other for healing, will the template remember the runes as well as the different stats?

Hey, I have both full legendary armor and runes. Yes, it remembers what stat you chose and rune in each template. My Ranger (my main) has several different gear templates, two for power (different runes and stats), one for condi, and two different healing builds (wvw minstrels and PvE harriers).

One thing I will mention though, is I get a bug where it randomly removes one or multiples of my legendary runes from my gear every time they do a major patch update. 

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, Strider.7849 said:

Hey, I have both full legendary armor and runes. Yes, it remembers what stat you chose and rune in each template. My Ranger (my main) has several different gear templates, two for power (different runes and stats), one for condi, and two different healing builds (wvw minstrels and PvE harriers).

One thing I will mention though, is I get a bug where it randomly removes one or multiples of my legendary runes from my gear every time they do a major patch update. 

Not sure why the confused emoji's, care to explain what doesn't make sense with what I said? I mean, I'm literally wearing full legendary armor and full legendary runes with multiple templates. Each template contains different stats and runes using the one set I obtained. It remains in those stats until I change it.