more WBs please ^^

Sure, I wouldn't mind more world bosses - especially if they're really with large scale design and some cool mechanics that aren't (at least not entirely) braindead zerg rushing. I really like the concept and how stuff like the Shatterer and Tequatl and even Claw of Jormag felt early on, those huge enemies that you actually had to struggle against with a large amount of people but manage to pull through if you do it right. What I'm not a fan of is how they just eventually turn into a chore that some decide to do for the loot - just going through the motions with no risk of failure. Though I'm sure if they really try they could come up with something that could add variety in a way that can make new world bosses at least somewhat challenging - thinking something along the lines of fractal instabilities or the bounty enemy's random traits.

Edited by Chyro.1462
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Astaurus.1635 said:

World bosses there are more then enough, what i would like to have is in-game timer on maps so players can see when they occur. instead of looking at wikipedia all time.

If you don’t want to spend gems on the portal device, there’s also GW2TacO or BlishHUD

13 hours ago, kitemay.1327 said:

more world bosses please? we have plenty of room in the dlcs or even the base game, it's fine by me if ya'lls sell a new version of the world boss portal device too, to make a bit of cash off of them ^^

Do you not consider each of the map's meta bosses as world bosses?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

More world bosses but only if the fights are interesting and engaging.  Most of them are just people standing at one spot with players smashing their faces at the keyboard until it dies. 

ArenaNet could just go the same route as they did with the EoD legendary weapons and just create copies of existing world boss events but recolor them so that they're "different".  Think about it, if all you do is just stand there and mash keys, how is one world boss any different from another other than location and appearance.  A lot of people praise the EoD legendary weapons with the recolored skins, so if they have no issue with those, they'd have no issues with recolored world bosses.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 5:54 PM, mythical.6315 said:

More world bosses but only if the fights are interesting and engaging.  Most of them are just people standing at one spot with players smashing their faces at the keyboard until it dies. 

ArenaNet could just go the same route as they did with the EoD legendary weapons and just create copies of existing world boss events but recolor them so that they're "different".  Think about it, if all you do is just stand there and mash keys, how is one world boss any different from another other than location and appearance.  A lot of people praise the EoD legendary weapons with the recolored skins, so if they have no issue with those, they'd have no issues with recolored world bosses.

i too think more gimmicky ones like triple triad would be more fun than the "hulk smash? stuff most offer... or at the very least through in some story, like with drakkar... would love if they did both of the above ^^

• Sad 1