Casual Wars 2 [Merged]

Kstyle.5829

This just proves ANET doesn't make changes based on objective information, just what little baby silver boys cry about on the forums.  Wahhh wahh scrapper is overpowered.    For 2 years scrapper has ONLY had nerfs and I've been playing the same build for 2 years and nobody complained about it.  But because someone posts grenade scrapper on metabattle and noobs start crying ANET completely guts the class effectively removing it from PVP within 2 weeks. Just destroy dps scraper in 5v5 and wvw completely. when there are like only 2 scrappers in the top 50-100.   

The real problem was vulnerability damage modifiers for engi in general not SCRAPPER as a whole.  It was one build. But instead of fixing the real problem you just addressed what people whined about.  Just like how you removed quickness from scrapper entirely.  Now you removing superspeed, and might generation.  Just nerf scrapper entirely?!  Yeah I'm sure everyone will be happy, because the most vocal people are morons who don't understand how this game works.  They were just mad a scrapper killed them, now they are happy! Every other class that is OP you nerf damage by 10%.  You removed quickness from scrapper, now you remove superspeed and might generation, when other classes just get 10% damage nerfs.  It's gone from the second worst class in the game to dead last now  and is not viable anymore.  

I really don't care to hear that everyone will tell me I'm the only one who cares that scrapper gets nerfs. I know I'm the odd one out.  Most people on the forums are cool guys who don't care about this game.  Ironically 99.% of the population has already quit, so anybody still playing this game cares about it the most.   And now you have maybe 200 to 300 people left who actually still play 5v5 PVP.  You killed this game ANET.   Instead of putting effort into balancing the game, you' rather just nerf the 1 class people whine about in an endless cycle so you can look like you're actually doing your job. 

Edited by Kstyle.5829
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Don't worry, soon we'll only be playing Ranger, Guard, Necro, Rev and Mes only since those are the only classes people DON'T seem to complain about and the only classes I've actively seen between the two seasons I've suffered through since coming back. Granted, Guard and Necro respectively have one dead spec each, Mes doesn't create much of an impact if the rest of the team is dog, and Ranger is basically the solo hero class when you can't rely on the golds or silvers thrusted on your team, and Rev is another solo hero class that has varying levels of success depending where you are on the latter. Though Rev is a little bit better as a solo hero since you'll either farm the noobs rotating away from their teams or the people who don't have mobile builds to begin with. 

Edited by Dreams.3128
  • Confused 1

Anet does this a lot and its annoying. Classes dont get adjustments they get blown into oblivion and are rendered unplayable. Im sorry this happened to engi. Its also true that a lot of ignorant feedback truly does come from silver rated players.

I say this a lot but  - These forums want every profession except their profession to have nothing special or impactful in their kits, while somehow expecting people to stick around to provide them with dopamine for getting killed. 

The forums cant or will not comprehend that different professions are supposed to have things that outshine others. 

People argue on this forum from of a place of "My profession dosnt have what this profession has" and is therefore its unfair. Instead of thinking what does my profession have that this one doesn't that I can use to counter. Also failing to realize not every match up is meant to be favorable for all professions. Its wild actually. 

Anet enables this thinking they way a parent spoils their children. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 4

Just now, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

No this means people who dont play pvp.

yeah you're totally right.  I'm starting to realize competitive gaming is just a complete waste of time because nobody cares except the small minority of people who invested time in that one game.  

2 hours ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

yeah you're totally right.  I'm starting to realize competitive gaming is just a complete waste of time because nobody cares except the small minority of people who invested time in that one game.  

Haha, poor boi, i am rather new and after a few games of ranked, it was obvious that the game mode is broken und that that funny number represents close to nothing with duo q, q dodging and a playerbase this size, present.

• Like 2

I think they care more about low-rank players because they represent the majority of the PvP population. If you look at the leaderboard, the amount of players in gold or higher is extremely low.

To put this bluntly, if you gathered up all the competitive players left in the game in one place, they couldn't even do the Chak Garent meta in PvE because they just wouldn't have the numbers for it. They could maybe pull off Octovine, but you get what I'm saying here. The entire PvP leaderboard (not counting alts) could barely max out a single map in the other game modes.

Its extremely small even compared to WvW, and couldn't fill a single matchup.

Do you balance for several thousand silvers or a hundred golds? To say nothing of platinum or legendary rank. This is just how a business works, and it always will be.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

Do you balance for several thousand silvers or a hundred golds? To say nothing of platinum or legendary rank. This is just how a business works, and it always will be.

That's a horrible business practice btw.  This game used to have millions of players and now it has a few hundred because they suck at balancing it.  If they balanced it for competitive play people would have something to strive for.  If you just nerf whatever people cry about, everyone quits because they realize its a waste of your life to invest time in getting good at something.   Getting your class nerffed for being good doesn't encourage anybody to participate in pvp.   

Edited by Kstyle.5829
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

You sound like someone who rages at his team and the afk’s halfway in.  

You just played yourself man.  People only do that in the low elo brackets.  And if you're any good you wouldn't afk, you'd just 1v5 solo carry the game.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

To put this bluntly, if you gathered up all the competitive players left in the game in one place, they couldn't even do the Chak Garent meta in PvE because they just wouldn't have the numbers for it.

My friend, you greatly underestimate the level of sweat that is capable of being put forth from this small pool of competitive players you speak of. These are the types of players who were figuring out how to solo Lupicus and Arah paths in general on **** core builds in year 1 long before power creep.

But otherwise, I get the point you're trying to make.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Haha 1

@Trevor Boyer.6524is right. I trained a buddy of mine back near the start of POF on his first day in a guild pvp arena for 4 hours straight and we went straight to platinum day one. We ended up later on duoing the migraine achievement among legendary bosses and metas in general. Soloing dungeons, duoing T4 CMs, even taking over guild halls with just 3 people. At this point he consistently does CMs in pve and rarely touches pvp but still wrecks your average plat 2 with holosmith. 

The capabilities of people who take the time to develop skill and strategy are massively far beyond your average pve player who are conditioned to dealing with almost nonexistent AI nonetheless pvp players who at minimum have to think at least a little.

One of the devs stated before that the average pve player does 10% or less the amount of dps of your top pve players and this isn't even considering how much better the top players are at surviving. Its like ridiculous anime levels of power difference despite access to all the same stuff. This means you can easily accomplish with 10 people what your average 100 person meta group would struggle to achieve. Imagine if this game actually had vertical gear progression; it would look like Lineage 2 where one hero player wipes the floor with an entire clan without even losing HP. That factoring in the exponential difference between skill and gear over the average.

There is a massive gap between your average guild wars 2 player and a guild wars 2 player that pushes the limits of whats possible. So much so that the a lot of things complained about on this forum isn't even a concern on the higher end.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524is right. I trained a buddy of mine back near the start of POF on his first day in a guild pvp arena for 4 hours straight and we went straight to platinum day one. We ended up later on duoing the migraine achievement among legendary bosses and metas in general. Soloing dungeons, duoing T4 CMs, even taking over guild halls with just 3 people. At this point he consistently does CMs in pve and rarely touches pvp but still wrecks your average plat 2 with holosmith. 

The capabilities of people who take the time to develop skill and strategy are massively far beyond your average pve player who are conditioned to dealing with almost nonexistent AI nonetheless pvp players who at minimum have to think at least a little.

One of the devs stated before that the average pve player does 10% or less the amount of dps of your top pve players and this isn't even considering how much better the top players are at surviving. Its like ridiculous anime levels of power difference despite access to all the same stuff. This means you can easily accomplish with 10 people what your average 100 person meta group would struggle to achieve. Imagine if this game actually had vertical gear progression; it would look like Lineage 2 where one hero player wipes the floor with an entire clan without even losing HP. That factoring in the exponential difference between skill and gear over the average.

There is a massive gap between your average guild wars 2 player and a guild wars 2 player that pushes the limits of whats possible. So much so that the a lot of things complained about on this forum isn't even a concern on the higher end.

Lol...

A power gap made with hacks, automation, bots, and exploits.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

This means you can easily accomplish with 10 people what your average 100 person meta group would struggle to achieve

People don't realize that when events/bosses get scaled up for 40+ casuals wearing bad gear/builds, it's way harder to complete than that same event/boss being ran by & scaled for only 5 players who are in example: experienced CM Fractal guys wearing good setups who pay attention to mechanics ^^

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

People don't realize that when events/bosses get scaled up for 40+ casuals wearing bad gear/builds, it's way harder to complete than that same event/boss being ran by & scaled for only 5 players who are in example: experienced CM Fractal guys wearing good setups who pay attention to mechanics ^^

I think the real underlying issue is some people don't realize that there does exist people that outperform them and at times by a significant margin. Which if one is honest with their self assessment and realize that they don't really try, shouldn't be a surprise.

• Thanks 1

The discussion is about new players learning the game. Any veterans already know about all the tools and websites to refer to.

Any new player leveling for the first time would have no idea about the impact of different skills not until they finally decide to google what a dps meter is.

2 minutes ago, Frequency.6407 said:

The discussion is about new players learning the game. Any veterans already know about all the tools and websites to refer to.

Any new player leveling for the first time would have no idea about the impact of different skills not until they finally decide to google what a dps meter is.

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/straw-man-fallacy/

The game itself doesn't really teach you anything. Thankfully, the general community helps new players get situated with the game.

• Thanks 1