Signets of Power & Trickster Suggestions

nopoet.2960

Real quick suggestion. 

Signets of Power should provide 150 Concentration for 6 seconds when a signet recharges in addition to the initiative gain.  The idea is to nudge fury uptime a little bit while encouraging people to use the Signets active effects.  This might also be a benefit to certain DE builds. 

Trickster should also grant 1 second of evasion in addition to removing conditions.  Many of the Tricks are defensive anyway.  It would increase the evasion on Withdraw and Roll.  Caltrops and Scorpion wire would be safer to cast and it just makes sense for Haste. 

• Like 2

You haven't been paying attention. The goal is to nerf thief as much as possible which is why there are no longer any cool down reductions for skill categories. The 1 initiative gain for signet use is laughable. Maleficent Seven for deadeye should give you, or very close to, 100% fury. The level of crit chance is a different story.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Fury uptime seems like the least of my problems tbh.

Can someone explain why Pistols regular attack does half the power-damage rifle does? Actually can we talk about the state of P/P in general? I mean this is nothing new to me but a lot of small things y'know...

Ehh nevermind, don't wanna hijack this thread. (bot den wye dyd u paost eet nyehehehhe)

• Like 3

On 3/16/2023 at 5:38 PM, TwiceDead.1963 said:

Fury uptime seems like the least of my problems tbh.

Can someone explain why Pistols regular attack does half the power-damage rifle does? Actually can we talk about the state of P/P in general? I mean this is nothing new to me but a lot of small things y'know...

Ehh nevermind, don't wanna hijack this thread. (bot den wye dyd u paost eet nyehehehhe)

Why is sword so slow and ponderous compared to dagger.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

They need to revert the sonnets of power in addition to adding the current changes. Only logical solution.

That wouldn't solve the initial problem the trait had. The effects being "on kill" was already bad and so is the one ini per Signet use. Reverting the change and making the effects "on crit" with adjusted values instead of "on kill" would actually solve the issue.

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Bunny.9834 said:

they need to hire somebody that plays a thief cause clearly not a single member of the current balance team knows how to play let along balance a thief. 

I think they used to have one?

I wonder... Maybe ANET should have devs only play thief for two or more weeks or, better yet a month, to get a better idea on how thief feels (raids, strikes, wvw, pvp). That might help our cause too.

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2023 at 2:18 AM, ZeroTheRuler.7415 said:

I think they used to have one?

I wonder... Maybe ANET should have devs only play thief for two or more weeks or, better yet a month, to get a better idea on how thief feels (raids, strikes, wvw, pvp). That might help our cause too.

I think they would only agree to this by binding them to a chair and threatening them with 2 days old flat microwaved pizza.

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2023 at 1:38 PM, TwiceDead.1963 said:

Fury uptime seems like the least of my problems tbh...

It's not really only about fury.  Fury was just an easy call out because of the Critical Strikes spec.  It would also have a positive impact on acro, Thrill of the Crime, Bountiful theft, Specter, Maleficent 7, and Premeditation which is not bad for a minor trait.