No raptor mount with expansion?

A few days ago I got back into GW and even bought the PoF/HoT expansion! A friend told me that I would automatically get the raptor mount - I was already past level 10 and had tested it out with the 10-hour-trial of the raptor, so I was excited to not lose the faster way of travelling!
But then I didn't get the raptor and online information is very conflicted upon if you need to still finish a PoF quest first or not - as I understand, this was previously the case but had been changed somewhat recently as a quality of life feature?
Anyway, then my friend concluded maybe I needed to reach level 20, since I was already past 10 and there was something special about every ten levels or something. So, I hit level 20 aaaand- still nothing. Her next guess was that I should do the story, so I went ahead and did my level 10 story. I finished just a bit ago and I'm still empty-handed...
I haven't received anything else either, but I did get the expansion, as when opening the game after purchase, it told me how both expansion stories are now available. So am I doing something wrong? Do I need to do the PoF quest? Do I really need to wait until level 80 until I can get a mount?? I have the level 80 upgrade but in the past I never even made it to level 20, so I'm not ready to just skip everything, I want to experience the game fully, not "cheat" myself to 80. And the PoF story is only available for level 80 and up... Plus my friend never did the quest and she still has her raptor, so I'm very confused about this whole thing.

Maybe I'm just being dumb and missed something, but after three days of puzzling over this and trying different things I'm at a loss.

I think this is the official statement:

The wiki pages says similar

New accounts with an expansion unlocked will be granted permanent access to the basic raptor mount after they reach level 10 on a single character.

Characters on Play for Free accounts (as well as Core accounts without an expansions) will get a 10-hour trial of the basic raptor mount when they reach level 10. These cannot be dyed.

Raptor Masteries can still only be unlocked in the Path of Fire expansion.

All accounts with a character already over level 10 when this change was implemented on August 2nd 2022 missed this initial unlock checkpoint, but they will get the unlock on the next multiple of 10 level (so, a level 24 character will get the unlock at level 30). ArenaNet acknowledges that this is not an ideal solution and is working on additional methods to offer this unlock to players not caught by this fallback solution. [1]

However both say nothing about what happend if you buy the expansion after your trial expired.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zjarrlou.1890 said:

I want to experience the game fully

You need to be 80 to enter the pof mission, but you don't have to play with that char (I can do the mission, you just stand there 🙂 ) and you can go back to your current char, that isn't affected by another char being 80 already (except by getting the mounts he earned you 🙂 )

and there is a third point: you want to free your shared inv slot that is blocked by the lvl80-upgrade to use it for something meaningful 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Zjarrlou.1890 said:

Huh. Well I send the support a ticket, maybe they have a more definite answer on this.
If nothing works I'll try getting a new character to level 10 and see if that unlocks it!

Thanks a bunch for the help!

It is supposed to unlock each 10 levels so in your case the 20 would have been enough.

I do know for a fact that getting a new character to lvl 10 proc another one, since I do weekly level 10 key characters on some core account and they get new raprtor mounts each time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2023 at 11:45 AM, Zjarrlou.1890 said:

@Dayra.7405 thanks, but as I said in my post, I want to experience the game fully, I don't want to jump ahead to level 80, I want to take my time and enjoy the game over time!

The vanilla game did not have mounts. Kind of strange you want to get one to do base content.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

you need to get to level 80, then start the PoF story.

it was very clear to me when i got PoF at launch.

you usually get a lvl 80 booster, so boost a character to 80, start pof story, do the first bit then you can buy the raptor saddle and have it unlocked for your main story character.

mounts are account wide.

if you must do things chronologically, well, thats your own journey. 

regards

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, SinisterSeven.2781 said:

you need to get to level 80, then start the PoF story.

it was very clear to me when i got PoF at launch.

you usually get a lvl 80 booster, so boost a character to 80, start pof story, do the first bit then you can buy the raptor saddle and have it unlocked for your main story character.

mounts are account wide.

if you must do things chronologically, well, thats your own journey. 

regards

Your infos are outdated.

There is now a check every 10lvl that will give you the base raptor either for 10h (if you don't have PoF) or permanently (if you have PoF)

The lvl80 PoF first mission is no longer required. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1