Tired Of Being Pulled

Sparetent.9756

12 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I'm asking what you expect is supposed to happen if pulls have been complained about since Day 1. Not have pulls at all?

Well, considering people have also complained about dying for the last 10 years, we should remove that too.

The ironic part is with the CC nerfs, most pulls do about 5 damage, meaning they can't actually kill anyone.

Like most Dragonhunters are actually very easy to kill because a lot like to randomly pull you without any follow up.  For some melee classes like reapers, that's where you want to be anyways.

And if you're a ranger and aren't braindead, it's time to swap weapons and hit them with a giant bear.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

Other than having a personal firebrand is there a way to avoid getting pulled off siege equipment?

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The ironic part is with the CC nerfs, most pulls do about 5 damage, meaning they can't actually kill anyone.

Unless of course they pull you into the two dozen wells etc. on the lip of the wall so that you die even if you don't get pulled off the wall.  And of course we've all seen the videos of people dying of fall damage as a result of being pulled.

Please when you see that Choppa, Charr Warrior Berserker elite with a sword and a torch, pull that one since they are surely not looking to get up close to say oh hai! Everyone knows that Asuran's have the best shark teeth and all Charr like to give out hugs, this is known after all.

5 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

2. Get off the siege when a mesmer comes by

I freely admit that I'm not good enough a player to spot mesmers in a zerg, especially when the siege is at the back of the wall which is the only non-suicidal place to put it.  Pretty much anywhere on a wall seems to be in range of some classes.  I've also noticed that more and more I see AOE red circles (not barrage) that are entirely on top of the wall which I didn't think was a thing until recently.

26 minutes ago, blp.3489 said:

Other than having a personal firebrand is there a way to avoid getting pulled off siege equipment?

By only staying on it when skills are off cooldown.

Also by using trebs, catas, and shield gens.  Arrow carts are basically not helping

26 minutes ago, blp.3489 said:

Unless of course they pull you into the two dozen wells etc. on the lip of the wall so that you die even if you don't get pulled off the wall.  And of course we've all seen the videos of people dying of fall damage as a result of being pulled.

I suggest fighting away from a tower or keep for  a bit. You'll learn eventually.

11 minutes ago, blp.3489 said:

I freely admit that I'm not good enough a player to spot mesmers in a zerg, especially when the siege is at the back of the wall which is the only non-suicidal place to put it.  Pretty much anywhere on a wall seems to be in range of some classes.  I've also noticed that more and more I see AOE red circles (not barrage) that are entirely on top of the wall which I didn't think was a thing until recently.

If someone is approaching your area on the wall there's probably a good chance they intend to do something in that area, whether that's pulls or aoes. Much easier to spot this if you're on siege that's not directly on top of zergs. If people are building ac's directly on top of usual areas of breaching they're idiots.

There aren't that many aoes that can hit directly on top of the wall without LOS, barrage is one of them, engineer mortars is another. Meteor only because it has a big radius, but it's a channel and doesn't delivery it's damage right away. Maybe guard staff 2 with snap aoe auto targeting(something that shouldn't even be in the game and abused by nade engies). 🤷‍♂️

On 3/24/2023 at 4:48 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

That same lip of the wall you need to be on to fire below, also protects you from pulls a lot of times. There's plenty of safe spots on walls, you know like not directly above the zerg, you just need to figure it out instead of thinking you need 100% absolute protection on walls. Walls are there to delay attackers not give you free reign on whomever below, which you still can with ACs in many areas.

I mean are we playing the same game?! "plenty of safe spots on walls"

Im not asking for absolute protection or for free reign (wtf !!! how did you come to these conclusions?!), you are the one thinking in absolutes .
All im  saying is people on ,ground level, should not be able to cast a ground target skill on the side of a wall and being able to catch people on the catwalk. Just like idk: a catapult hitting the bottom of the stairs should not be able to damage walls 5 meters away; meaning that the splash dmg is way to big and instead people on catas should aim accurately at the target they want to hit.

Yes Gw2 is not a historical medieval war simulator, but assuming that a fortified wall shouldn't provide some kind of advantage to the defenders is a bit crazy to me.

Im not asking for immortality or perma auto stability for people on catwalks lol

• Confused 1

On 3/24/2023 at 8:40 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

1. Turn off netflix

Yeah, there is that.

2. Get off the siege when a mesmer comes by

Well that would basically make mesmers siege deniers just by showing up. So that's really not a good fix. Besides, when there's a group of 30+ attacking an objective, you can't really keep them apart.

3. Don't get on siege built in bad spots in the first place

True, but even when it's built at proper spots you can get pulled just the same. Doesn't happen as much though compared to badly placed siege weapons.

What needs to happen is that Anet fixes their physics when it comes to walls in particular, but I doubt there's a chance of that happening.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1