More Guildhall Decorations

Hey everyone,

i Love the Guildhall decoration System very much! there are so many ways to be creative, to build insane stuff.

We have got allready a lot of cool decoration pieces, but there are SOOO many awesome objects around the wunderful World of Gw2, i really want to ask for more! 😄

For example the Pictures and Paintings, small details in the Open Worlds like some kegs, flowers or buildings - decoration.

Many ppl. who enjoy decorations much as i do, was very dissapointed, as EoD was released and we got not a single Cantha deco indeed ;(

I am very happy about the few new deco pieces in each recomming Festival, but there are soo many possibilitys more! 😄 like the SAB waterfalls, flowers, different rocks, Buffs, Springs, lanterns etc.

but also  the Big Gate in front of the Entrance, after you entered the SAB i could get use this to build for example a Catedral. or what about the SAB sign?:D

so how could this work ingame?

this could be a Guildhall upgrade, wich includes:

1.  a free Upgrade wich  increese the max. decoration placements (2000 atm) up to 2500 (or higher)
  2.  a Upgrade item in the Gemstore, wich adds tons of new deco special Repices [like the HUGE Soo-Won Jade statue in new kaineng]  ( construction pieces like walls and roads, interactive objects etc) but also allows to get NPCs placed, wich could be Animals for example (mabe just ~25x total)  [but also "toys" - i allways hear ppl who say "okay this is nice to see but i cant do here anything " and i guess thats why its so unpopular ]
  3.  a free Upgrade with general recipes to discover or to unlock, wich contains many Openworld "decos objects ", but also HoT stuff, PoF & IBS, all LW, and Cantha ofc, wich are objects that allready exist - new items are allways nice but what i mean is get items into the GH that allrdy are there, just make it as a decoration ^-^ )

i suggest decorate a GH is Endgame Content, so its not nessesary for the usual game, thats why some "not beneficial" objects x recipes x skins for the GH to buy in Gemstore could be a very good way.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please think about this, according to we dont have a Housing System in gw2, many deco enjoyer and my self would be much pleased about the option to craft new stuff and build fantastic guildhalls!

😄

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Dunno if I'd want them to involve the gem shop at all in the guild decoration system, but I do agree there are a lot of neat props and things peppered around the core game and expansions that'd be great for building in guild halls. Upping the decoration limit is also a perennial ask. So hey, fingers crossed, man.

• Like 2

I have mentioned this in many of my posts. Guild Hall decorations could be a thing but seems like for reasons unknown to us, hall decorations has always been ANet's least concern and now with the new Team it got worse. There are so many pretty and really cool things and structures in the PVE world that would look fantastic in the Hall. But look at the ones they gave us 😪

Two static boring statues for the LNY festival and this SAB, we get four static boring decorations again, including pillars and floor. Like we need more of those 🤦‍♀️ It's obvious that minimum efforts are given to make these free decors and because of this recent trend, I would rather pay gems to get quality decorations instead of getting free but super bleh stuff.

It has been more than a year now since the launch of EoD and where are the Cantha themed decorations? At launch we got one giant dragon stone head and a jade bot workbench. That's it. I thought more Cantha stuff will be released over time but no. Nothing. Zip.

Every year I looked forward to getting new hall decorations when festivals come but not these two years. The quality keeps going south. If free is going to be that bad then please let us buy good ones with gems. Win-win for all.

Edited by Min Min.9368
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I would like to have rather basic stuff like Ice Sheet, but for:
- soil/dirt
- rock
- grass
- sand

And real vertical walls with the same themes in different sizes. Maybe with corners and curves.

More guildhall themes. There are so many nice themes which would fit greatly:
- LW2: Southsun CoveLabyrinthine Cliffs
- LW3: Taimi's ThemeAurene
- PoF: Path of Fire Main ThemeA New JourneyDestiny's GorgeSanctuary of TruthThe Tomb of the Primeval Kings,
- LW4: The Prophecy ReduxThe Mystic Forge, The OlmakhanHigh RollerThe Inquest,
- IBS: Grothmar ValleyEye of the NorthSpirits of the WildAlpine Marches
- EoD: Togo's LegacyThe Empire of DragonsStroll in the Night MarketStrangely Familiar PlaceDaigo WardTengu Village

Another thing that would be a huge relief although it is technically a guildhall issue instead of a decoration issue: Remove the background noise from the EoD Workshop and the PoF War Room. What were they thinking? Not to forget it is really high volume and long range.

• Like 3

Only isle of reflection has cherry blossom trees... hopefully in the future we can have them in all guild halls.
cool Jade things are an option to, actually would be great if you can turn those jade waves from fractals into something from cantha.

currently there is a 2000 limit on placing decorations...
I like to see 5000 so we can really theme the whole hall with the players creativity.
For me, I encourage my members to place somethig rememberable like a home or  a shrine for their own..
But to theme the whole guildhall plus having people that want to chill, rp or that want to live there,
there's little too little room if you want to keep your guildhall  detailed.

Edited by Veryl.7861
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Veryl.7861 said:

Only isle of reflection has cherry blossom trees... hopefully in the future we can have them in all guild halls.
cool Jade things are an option to, actually would be great if you can turn those jade waves from fractals into something from cantha.

currently there is a 2000 limit on placing decorations...
I like to see 5000 so we can really theme the whole hall with the players creativity.
For me, I encourage my members to place somethig rememberable like a home or  a shrine for their own..
But to theme the whole guildhall plus having people that want to chill, rp or that want to live there,
there's little too little room if you want to keep your guildhall  detailed.

Hi Vain 🙂

If ANet increase the limit to maybe 2500 or just 2300, I would be very happy. 5000 limit may be too much for the game/server to handle. Idk.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah i gave up on guild content after EoD. 

The new map was beautiful, but full of invisible walls.. 

No new decorations. 

Only decorations im looking for are the festival of 4 winds decos because they are really nice. 

But pfff.... where is the guild content. Its like they fired the person who was working on it and now they are unable to do anything new. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 9:44 AM, Budy.9804 said:

Hey everyone,

i Love the Guildhall decoration System very much! there are so many ways to be creative, to build insane stuff.

We have got allready a lot of cool decoration pieces, but there are SOOO many awesome objects around the wunderful World of Gw2, i really want to ask for more! 😄

For example the Pictures and Paintings, small details in the Open Worlds like some kegs, flowers or buildings - decoration.

Many ppl. who enjoy decorations much as i do, was very dissapointed, as EoD was released and we got not a single Cantha deco indeed ;(

I am very happy about the few new deco pieces in each recomming Festival, but there are soo many possibilitys more! 😄 like the SAB waterfalls, flowers, different rocks, Buffs, Springs, lanterns etc.

but also  the Big Gate in front of the Entrance, after you entered the SAB i could get use this to build for example a Catedral. or what about the SAB sign?:D

so how could this work ingame?

this could be a Guildhall upgrade, wich includes:

1.  a free Upgrade wich  increese the max. decoration placements (2000 atm) up to 2500 (or higher)
  2.  a Upgrade item in the Gemstore, wich adds tons of new deco special Repices [like the HUGE Soo-Won Jade statue in new kaineng]  ( construction pieces like walls and roads, interactive objects etc) but also allows to get NPCs placed, wich could be Animals for example (mabe just ~25x total)  [but also "toys" - i allways hear ppl who say "okay this is nice to see but i cant do here anything " and i guess thats why its so unpopular ]
  3.  a free Upgrade with general recipes to discover or to unlock, wich contains many Openworld "decos objects ", but also HoT stuff, PoF & IBS, all LW, and Cantha ofc, wich are objects that allready exist - new items are allways nice but what i mean is get items into the GH that allrdy are there, just make it as a decoration ^-^ )

i suggest decorate a GH is Endgame Content, so its not nessesary for the usual game, thats why some "not beneficial" objects x recipes x skins for the GH to buy in Gemstore could be a very good way.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please think about this, according to we dont have a Housing System in gw2, many deco enjoyer and my self would be much pleased about the option to craft new stuff and build fantastic guildhalls!

😄

1) i think we got 2 decorations with EoD 1 craftable giant stone statue head and 1 purchaseable jade bot switcherro. but yea basically nothing. 😄 i've finally given up on anet doing anything major to fix scribbing or adding our eod 10-30ish cantha decs we never got like with other xpacs. i've moved on. i'll give my monies to other places instead.

2) i realize the only way to get something from anet is to ask for it in the gemstore (garden plots), but really don't be like wow with things you should have gotten with the xpac itself but instead screw us over more and make us pay for it again thru mircotransactions. /faceplam

3) is what they should have done with the cantha xpac/ overhaul scribbing system - make a housing system... maybe next xpac???? yea prolly not 😞

those recipes could be collected from old maps(bring life to older maps), but i think that's something old anet didn't like to do. These recipes could vary from common to rare drops and sold on tp so those who could care less about decorating could also profit from it. You have to mix it into th e whole system so it's not just one thing. IT is obviously endgame content. I wuish there was an achievement for speending 100 hours in the guild hall (not afk) but decorating or moving around (pvp arena) i bet there isn't a way to track that currently if they were to make it and everyone that's spent years already in their halls would immedately get it and a cool item/clothing weapon skins like from raids 😄

i currently get nothing, other then joy for spending hours in the guild hall instead of farming gold 😞 and then we get rewarded with basically no new cantha decorations. just wonderful anet....

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 2

On 4/6/2023 at 5:10 PM, Cronospere.8143 said:

Yeah i gave up on guild content after EoD. 

The new map was beautiful, but full of invisible walls.. 

No new decorations. 

Only decorations im looking for are the festival of 4 winds decos because they are really nice. 

But pfff.... where is the guild content. Its like they fired the person who was working on it and now they are unable to do anything new. 

yea we all know they gave up on guild halls about a year after they released them 😞 but its still causes me a huge amount of pain that they totally don't seem to care to do anything substantial with guild halls. when it has so much potential still. They see it as a HoT thing and that xpac is over so.... "we do nothing".

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

there is a housing system in gw2, its just not the housing system decorators seem to want.

even if they added decorating to personal instances that wouldn't go far enough. too little too late imo. those instances are already decorated. you would need to add new locations for people to decorate in. some houses, some land plots for people to use blue prints or just liek in guild halls build from scratch.

But the obvious limitations with the current system hinders that idea. not being able to place many objects close together before hitting a space cap is a major problem. Good luck on building a house from scratch 😞 not to mention rotation on the xyz axis and other things mentioned for many years that have yet to be fixed.

I also think scaling is an issue on how they've designed their interiors, i don't think its all uniform. Like some of the houses that aren't meant to be lived in that you can access i don't think are scaled properly or maybe its the added difficulty of norn- asura sizes. It would be great if some of the buildings ingame became livable instant homes! just plop an interactive door on them and tada! 🙂

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 1

On 4/2/2023 at 5:36 AM, Min Min.9368 said:

I have mentioned this in many of my posts. Guild Hall decorations could be a thing but seems like for reasons unknown to us, hall decorations has always been ANet's least concern and now with the new Team's it got worse. There are so many pretty and really cool things and structures in the PVE world that would look fantastic in the Hall. But look at the ones they gave us 😪

Two static boring statues for the LNY festival and this SAB, we get four static boring decorations again, including pillars and floor. Like we need more of those 🤦‍♀️ It's obvious that minimum efforts are given to make those free decors and because of this recent trend, I would rather pay gems to get quality decorations instead of getting free but super bleh stuff.

It has been more than a year now since the launch of EoD and where are the Cantha themed decorations? One giant dragon head statue and a jade bot workbench. That's it?? 

Every year I looked forward to getting new hall decorations when festivals come but not these two years. The quality keeps going south. If free is going to be bad, then let us buy good ones. Please.

if we could rotate objects on the xyz axis some of those boring static decs would be great, but i know they aren't thinking that way when they design them. 😞

No no no don't encourage them to steal our money. things that come with xpacs should come with xpacs and not be removed from them to be turned into micro transactions.

i haven't bought garden plots, infact i've spent less in the gem store then years past, if they do this they are basically pushing people away from the game.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 1

I think the sad reality is though anet needs an intanced decoration housing solo player system. then all these micro transactions would make more sense for ownership. plus instead of revamping scribing you add a new system, call it something else so the rules for it are different. it should be a massive end game content feature to any future xpac or LW similar to fashion wars. Primarily game content acquired - play the game earn stuff. but obviously some stuff could be gem store purchased.

While i'm sure they'd do it in a way that i would hate, i think more newer players would enjoy it.

uh oh did i just encourage them? unlikely they never listen to me.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 3

On 4/4/2023 at 6:34 PM, Min Min.9368 said:

Hi Vain 🙂

If ANet increase the limit to maybe 2500 or just 2300, I would be very happy. 5000 limit may be too much for the game/server to handle. Idk.

it prolly is but honestly why did they even roll this system out. So many flaws. It seems like they originally meant to be able to fully decorate the whole hall then sometime later discovered oopsies... "um well let's just give em what we got so far."

guild halls are like if they gave us mounts that could only walk everywhere.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 1

They should also look into objects the size of your fist costing 50g, and something the size of a mountain costing 5g. I'm not sure why its like this but its really weird where I can just spam stone dragon heads all day but if I want to make a vase I better sell a legendary weapon first.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

1) i think we got 2 decorations with EoD 1 craftable giant stone statue head and 1 purchaseable jade bot switcherro. but yea basically nothing. 😄 i've finally given up on anet doing anything major to fix scribbing or adding our eod 10-30ish cantha decs we never got like with other xpacs. i've moved on. i'll give my monies to other places instead.

2) i realize the only way to get something from anet is to ask for it in the gemstore (garden plots), but really don't be like wow with things you should have gotten with the xpac itself but instead screw us over more and make us pay for it again thru mircotransactions. /faceplam

3) is what they should have done with the cantha xpac/ overhaul scribbing system - make a housing system... maybe next xpac???? yea prolly not 😞

those recipes could be collected from old maps(bring life to older maps), but i think that's something old anet didn't like to do. These recipes could vary from common to rare drops and sold on tp so those who could care less about decorating could also profit from it. You have to mix it into th e whole system so it's not just one thing. IT is obviously endgame content. I wuish there was an achievement for speending 100 hours in the guild hall (not afk) but decorating or moving around (pvp arena) i bet there isn't a way to track that currently if they were to make it and everyone that's spent years already in their halls would immedately get it and a cool item/clothing weapon skins like from raids 😄

i currently get nothing, other then joy for spending hours in the guild hall instead of farming gold 😞 and then we get rewarded with basically no new cantha decorations. just wonderful anet....

In My opinion, they should add the possibility to expand the actual Guildhalls up to new Areas in the SAME Map. Im into the PoF GH, where could be for example some Dunes hides old buildings under the Sand, so you could place again more pieces. i see, if Anet says too many items cost way too much server energy or what ever, so i allrdy mention it to pay for this or other upgrades, im totally fine with!

i really like the idea of you Kelly to bring back more life into old maps. So; unlock new deco. recipes could be for example Achievments, or doing specefic old vanilla map events, or also worldbosses, or DUNGEONS ( wich are nearly totally Dead content ). getting this recipes unlocked could contains mabe too claim different content pieces to finish the Achievment or collection...

but i didnt gave up hope yet! after 10 years we got a SAB World 3-1 so i STILL BELIVE IN GUILDHALLS! ❤️ or in other words, like Phillip J. Fry once said: SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! ❤️

They didn't even want to fix broken or glitched or missing decorations. Remember holographic Curved Ramp? 😢

We have so many broken ones and just one of the many examples, they gave us 10 monuments and half of them is bugged (unable to inscribe custom messages) and not fixed after all these years 🤦‍♀️ The Branded Devourer Monument used to be fine but they broke it during one of the patches, liked there is not enough broken decors...

Oh Where Oh Where Have My Guild Hall Developers Go? Oh Where Oh Where Can They Be?? 

Edited by Min Min.9368
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...