No SAB-themed Jade Bot skin??

9 hours ago, McPilch.3719 said:

As per title.  Holy moly, Anet could've made bank!

Could they though? Admittedly its entirely anecdotal but from what I've been hearing they aren't very popular, especially for the price of 1600 gems. Its entirely possible that ArenaNet has come to the same general conclusion.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107

A mech bot skin I guarantee would sell like hot cakes. Even if all they did was used an existing skin of which they have probably 100s to chose from. Why? Because people are sick of the giant green blob resulting from a dozen mechanists in one area if nothing else. Its only funny the first time.

Rangers have had dozens of skins to select from based on pet type and within each pet type many times a few skins. They are simply those from the "NPC" world. There is no reason they could not do the same with the mechanist bot. You could even use effectively the same code and menu system for selecting the bot "skin" just don't change its stats etc.

Personally I'd pay as much for this as people pay for mount skins and what I'd prefer is to make my bot smaller and appear to perhaps hover. Think jade-bot but more like a combat unit and a bit larger rather than a pokemon rip off. A spherical unit with a single "eye" canon and a hydraulic driver on one side would be pretty sweet.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I also would love to have Mechanist bot skins but I think this thread is about Jade Bots and how an SAB skin would work on them.

I wouldn't want an SAB one, the sounds would drive me bonkers, and so far the ones released have been way too cutesy to suit any of my alts played enough to warrant the expense, but yes if better Jade Bot skins come out ANet will make (tiny) bank off me.