Legendary Items (Gift of battle) being locked behind WvW should be changed.

29 minutes ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

To be honest, I'm a thief main and I usually don't attack low ranked players unless they attack me in an effort to not totally put people off the mode. So keep your knives to yourselves while you do your dailies and I'll do the same, at least until you're bronze rank.  

Thats exactly what you'd expect a backstabbing thief would tell you.

• Haha 4

On 4/11/2023 at 6:47 AM, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

To be honest, I'm a thief main and I usually don't attack low ranked players unless they attack me in an effort to not totally put people off the mode. So keep your knives to yourselves while you do your dailies and I'll do the same, at least until you're bronze rank.  

If someone gives me a /wave while on a sentry point, monument, or vet when those are the dailies I leave them be unless Invasion Defender is also a daily which I'll still let them cap their daily first even then.

On 4/6/2023 at 4:49 AM, RamenNoodles.2416 said:

For players that do not engage with massive player gameplay, attaining gifts of battle for each and every legendary weapon is a tough ask. The current state of WvW is centered around avoiding ending up against Maguuma to have fun in the activity, or doing your best to get dailies/weeklies done while spawn camped. I propose that there should be a way to obtain Gifts of battle through PvP and Raids/Strike mission content.

Okay, let me rewrite this statement from a WvW-players PoV: 

For players that do not engage with PvE, attaining Gifts of Exploration or Materials, and doing collections for every legendary weapon is a tough task. The current state of WvW doesn´t allow getting legendary weapons, amulets or accessories without fully commiting to a PvE-task (which a lot of WvW-mains actually dislike). The income in WvW is extremely low compared to PvE, and you cannot even obtain all materials for a PvE-legendary via WvW, you are forced to do PvE which you absolutely hate. I propose that there should be a way to obtain Gifts of Exploration and PvE-exclusive materials through WvW and Reward-tracks, in combination of a proper gold-income compareable to a PvE-farm. 

You may have noticed: It doesn´t matter how you want to obtain something, everyone will have to do content they dislike/hate, and in many points, WvW-mains are in a severe disadvantage compared to PvE. 

And just for comparison: 
The legendary PvE-armor set takes 5 weeks of raiding (full clear) and doing eod-strikes (full clear NM) to obtain, and any subsequent set takes 10 weeks (25 weeks total for a full set of legendary PvE-armor). 

The legendary WvW-armor-set takes at least 19 weeks for the normal variant, assuming you cap out on the skirmish-track and weeklies every single week, while capping out the skirmish-track takes an absolute minimum of 8 hours (under the assumption you are world rank 10k, always placed first in the skirmish, and have commitment-bonus from the week before). But realistically (assuming you are aroune world rank 2k, which is about the middle-ground for ranks) you need at minimum 12 hours to get the weekly capped tickets. The lower your rank, and the lower the placement of your world, the longer it takes (up to 24 hours per week to cap out). In case you didn´t notice: this is for ONE set of WvW-armor. 

So we´re looking at roughly 25 weeks for full legendary armor in PvE, against 57 weeks for full legendary armor in WvW (or more)
And this is NOT including farming gold for materials, which needs to be added on top of that. 

And here are you, complaining about the Gift of battle, which can be completed within 8 hours, or even be sped up down to 4 hours using all available boosters, not including the use of potions from daily and weekly achievements

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I'm fine if they let us convert 10 GoB into a tradeable version that we can list on the TP if we can buy gifts of exploration/cantha etc from the TP as well. 

The reason for the 10GoB -> 1 Tradable is to keep the legendary price stable, might even need to be 15->1. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 3:04 PM, Custodio.6134 said:

And just for comparison: 
The legendary PvE-armor set takes 5 weeks of raiding (full clear) and doing eod-strikes (full clear NM) to obtain, and any subsequent set takes 10 weeks (25 weeks total for a full set of legendary PvE-armor). 

The legendary WvW-armor-set takes at least 19 weeks for the normal variant, assuming you cap out on the skirmish-track and weeklies every single week, while capping out the skirmish-track takes an absolute minimum of 8 hours (under the assumption you are world rank 10k, always placed first in the skirmish, and have commitment-bonus from the week before). But realistically (assuming you are aroune world rank 2k, which is about the middle-ground for ranks) you need at minimum 12 hours to get the weekly capped tickets. The lower your rank, and the lower the placement of your world, the longer it takes (up to 24 hours per week to cap out). In case you didn´t notice: this is for ONE set of WvW-armor. 

So we´re looking at roughly 25 weeks for full legendary armor in PvE, against 57 weeks for full legendary armor in WvW (or more)
And this is NOT including farming gold for materials, which needs to be added on top of that. 

And here are you, complaining about the Gift of battle, which can be completed within 8 hours, or even be sped up down to 4 hours using all available boosters, not including the use of potions from daily and weekly achievements

But time is not the only factor. In fact the WvW legendary armor sets take no skill to get, can be gotten solo and require zero interaction with other players. WvW rewards you for just showing up and standing in circles while other players do the work if you want. 

And that's why some PvE'ers rather stay an inordinate amount of time in WvW even though they really don't like WvW. It's still better for them than doing raids (meaning they would have to interact with others, learn the fights, learn the rotations and be judged if they don't meet the required standard). So not every PvE'er is the same, which is why raid armor sets are not the preferred way for a lot of PvE'ers.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Confused 2

On 4/12/2023 at 8:04 AM, Custodio.6134 said:

Okay, let me rewrite this statement from a WvW-players PoV: 

For players that do not engage with PvE, attaining Gifts of Exploration or Materials, and doing collections for every legendary weapon is a tough task. The current state of WvW doesn´t allow getting legendary weapons, amulets or accessories without fully commiting to a PvE-task (which a lot of WvW-mains actually dislike). The income in WvW is extremely low compared to PvE, and you cannot even obtain all materials for a PvE-legendary via WvW, you are forced to do PvE which you absolutely hate. I propose that there should be a way to obtain Gifts of Exploration and PvE-exclusive materials through WvW and Reward-tracks, in combination of a proper gold-income compareable to a PvE-farm. 

You may have noticed: It doesn´t matter how you want to obtain something, everyone will have to do content they dislike/hate, and in many points, WvW-mains are in a severe disadvantage compared to PvE. 

And just for comparison: 

Just quoting this for more visibility. This is spot on.

• Like 1