Willbender

aiinseinn.5914

21 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Bruh upkeeping resolution is the core of how dps guardian works. That's half the point of taking greatsword-- you can get perma resolution without having to waste (too many) virtues. Resolution is also reduced condi damage and you are supposed to be standing in it for more than 1 tick. Without resolution you're gimping yourself out of 25% crit, 10% damage,  and 8 stacks of might That's how WBs are blowing people up.

I don't even run greatsword because I don't like it but come on now. One of the reasons is there's enough mobility already lol as Xenesis implied. GS just happens to be good synergy and also leap of faith is a bit broken atm.

You might be correct that there are no other mobility weapons but I really just don't see 1 single leap making or breaking a build. On other less mobile specs I'd even agree but 1 leap is much less meaningful when you have 4 by default, as opposed to 0 on core/fb and 1 on dh.

I mean sure you can have stuff like nike warrior or Mechanists with traited rocket boots + teleport signet. However the moment you see these, you know they're traited for runaway and usually aren't big threats besides being a one trick. While going for max mobility on a WB is standard.

How keeping resolution up can be core of spec if resolution wasn't even in game at start. Core of dps guardian game play is one shot enemies. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

28 minutes ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

How keeping resolution up can be core of spec if resolution wasn't even in game at start. Core of dps guardian game play is one shot enemies. 🙄

You're  sorta right, Righteous instincts was made in 2017 and it used to be retaliation, but retal was deleted and  resolution replaced it more recently. It serves the same function in traits.

And yes it used to be more offense based back then because Retal reflected damage; Core is pretty much one trick for this  reason, unless it goes full out bunker. It's extremely rare to see 2013 meditation style guardian because meditations haven't really kept up with the new stuff though I guess it still kinda works. You do need some real damage to burst through some expansion specs.

Willbenders basically use the same build as core does for the last 5 years since Righteous Instincts was invented, except swapping in Willbender obviously, and losing meditation traits.

Some people try to run a more balanced meditation build but that requires too much brain for me imo. There is also one poster that likes to one shot people on core; they may be arriving as we speak.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Confused 1

On 4/11/2023 at 7:30 AM, Math.5123 said:

Mesmer aegis spam.

Aegis spam is not the super ability you may think and is easily dealt with.

I use auto attacks to defeat the aegis then let buck with my heavy stuff right after. 

The issue is the Cele armor stats.

I always ran commander (power precision toughness concentration) because I wanted to avoid the OP Cele gear.

Then I tried Cele. My survivability went up maybe 30%. That is a massive.

So yeah... it is the Cele stats that create the issue not aegis. Aegis just takes a wee bit of understanding to know how to real with it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Aegis spam is not the super ability you may think and is easily dealt with.

I use auto attacks to defeat the aegis then let buck with my heavy stuff right after. 

The issue is the Cele armor stats.

I always ran commander (power precision toughness concentration) because I wanted to avoid the OP Cele gear.

Then I tried Cele. My survivability went up maybe 30%. That is a massive.

So yeah... it is the Cele stats that create the issue not aegis. Aegis just takes a wee bit of understanding to know how to real with it. 

Good job bringing my post out of context. 

It was about classes losing their original identity, not a balance complaint. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

Good job bringing my post out of context. 

Ahh nope.

Virtuoso lost clones and gained blades. They needed something to provide survivability because now they are the sole target.

My response was because there are people who are going to think aegis spam is OP, so I corrected it before it got started.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Ahh nope.

Virtuoso lost clones and gained blades. They needed something to provide survivability because now they are the sole target.

My response was because there are people who are going to think aegis spam is OP, so I corrected it before it got started.

You're literally just reinforcing my original argument. We do not disagree. E-specs should introduce new ways of playing the class.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

After Thief Profession; Willbender Profession is the most Toxic design Profession in the game. It is Unbelievable after 11 years, absolutely nothing was learned after designing Thief Profession. 

Honestly, what was Anet thinking when desiging this  Elite Toxic design Profession for Guardian Profession; which completely goes against their roles and their identity?

It Is A Shame in all level!!

Delete Guardian Elite; Willbender Profession!!

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

After Thief Profession; Willbender Profession is the most Toxic design Profession in the game. It is Unbelievable after 11 years, absolutely nothing was learned after designing Thief Profession. 

Honestly, what was Anet thinking when desiging this  Elite Toxic design Profession for Guardian Profession; which completely goes against their roles and their identity?

It Is A Shame in all level!!

Delete Guardian Elite; Willbender Profession!!

So like, players moan about thief stealth (and are adamant the problem is the stealth not the mobility). How is willbender design "toxic" like thief design then? It has no stealth, what is the issue? If anything its a stronger and easier to play herald.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

So like, players moan about thief stealth (and are adamant the problem is the stealth not the mobility). How is willbender design "toxic" like thief design then? It has no stealth, what is the issue? If anything its a stronger and easier to play herald.

Wow, people really having problem with basics these days, not sure if I should be impressed or disappointed.
Willyblender is Daredevil variant on steroids (boons). High mobility that can pretty much outrun anything combined with high damage and quite high sustain is kinda toxic design in long run. Same as teef it can just "I'm outta of here brudda" when they start losing, that's not really good for PvP. Herald isn't strongaer than Willyblender, idk where you've got that idea.
Funny how everyone forgets that teef has a lot more stuff in broken departament outside of stealth abuse...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

7 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Herald isn't strongaer than Willyblender, idk where you've got that idea.

Its a stronger and easier version of herald, if that wording is more understandable.

It also feels nothing like fighting a daredevil.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Its a stronger and easier version of herald, if that wording is more understandable.

It also feels nothing like fighting a daredevil.

Yes, that wording is understandable.
Think of it in different way. Daredevil is "defensive" while Willyblender is "offensive" variant of "mobility creep" builds.
Daredevil doesn't stick to the target like Willyblender or Herald, but if it could do that and also had the same burst damage like these 2, then yea, you'd be pretty much fighting the same thing with different animations.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5