Untamed WvW roaming build?

BumboJumbo.1308

Cele, trapper runes. Axe/dagger + sword/torch or wh. Healing spring + 1 other trap of your choice, 2 stunbreaks. Jacaranda + smokescale or turtle. If you don't like traps you can also go for a nm boon spam version with pack runes. Traps are better when outnumbered.

Overall untamed isn't great tho, soulbeast is much better in WvW.

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Longbow/Longbow, then use Quick Draw to spam one of the 2-5 skills.

The other one I use is Shortbow + Axe/Warhorn, Lots of CC and condition damage.

Yea, having zero mobility and defense surely works great for roaming ...

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

I have practiced Shortbow + Axe/Warhorn for years so it's a bit unfair to compare. I do have a chasing variant with the teleport which gets reset pretty fast with Fervent Force.

I also use Soulbeast too but its not Celestials, so it is very squishy.

11 hours ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Cele, trapper runes. Axe/dagger + sword/torch or wh. Healing spring + 1 other trap of your choice, 2 stunbreaks. Jacaranda + smokescale or turtle. If you don't like traps you can also go for a nm boon spam version with pack runes. Traps are better when outnumbered.

Overall untamed isn't great tho, soulbeast is much better in WvW.

I play untamed solo roamer , have not lost to a soulbeast in months, even when two soulbeasts vs my untamed.

I have about 50 solo kills in 2 hour every day.

Druid on other hand i lose to one or two times almost every week ( too many/frequent roots ) 

I play axe/warhorn and greatsword.

Maurader stats and a few assasin trinkets with rune of the Water

Cele trapper soul beast can sustain a bit but then they die, and they are as good as zero treat to any one with a little bit condi cleanse.

Untamed is way better than soul beast in wvw, but many try it with usless builds often with with long bow or celestial stats and short bow 😕

Edited by Sansar.1302
bad spelling

25 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

I play untamed solo roamer , have not lost to a soulbeast in months

And i have never lost an even fight vs untamed on cele soulbeast. Ever. I also don't lose to other soulbeasts. Or druid for that matter.

I know you are playing some sort of tanky power untamed and just farm a bunch of pve players at south camp and the moment a competent players shows up you run, die or rely on outnumbers. Never seen you do anything else, so yea.

Slb handles cc and immob spam better, is more mobile, has better dmg and doesn't suffer from dead pets, that's why it is better than untamed. Most are just bad players on bad builds.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

And i have never lost an even fight vs untamed on cele soulbeast. Ever. I also don't lose to other soulbeasts. Or druid for that matter.

I know you are playing some sort of tanky power untamed and just farm a bunch of pve players at south camp and the moment a competent players shows up you run, die or rely on outnumbers. Never seen you do anything else, so yea.

Slb handles cc and immob spam better, is more mobile, has better dmg and doesn't suffer from dead pets, that's why it is better than untamed. Most are just bad players on bad builds.

Me rely on outnumbering ? , lol that aint happening but yes mainly hang around south camp.

And when did maurader stats and assasin stats become tanky ? 

The class that i die too  if played by competent player is thief mainly dead eye or daredevil 

and yes i die too other classes too , but not often

7 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

And when did maurader stats and assasin stats become tanky ?

There's more to tankyness than just stats. WS ranger is pretty much always more or less tanky and untamed also has some innate tankyness. Which doesn't make up for it's downsides, but still.

Edited by Zyreva.1078

1 hour ago, Sansar.1302 said:

I play untamed solo roamer , have not lost to a soulbeast in months, even when two soulbeasts vs my untamed.

I have about 50 solo kills in 2 hour every day.

Druid on other hand i lose to one or two times almost every week ( too many/frequent roots ) 

I play axe/warhorn and greatsword.

Maurader stats and a few assasin trinkets with rune of the Water

Cele trapper soul beast can sustain a bit but then they die, and they are as good as zero treat to any one with a little bit condi cleanse.

Untamed is way better than soul beast in wvw, but many try it with usless builds often with with long bow or celestial stats and short bow 😕

50 fights in 2 hours?! Quick, tell me which server you're on because I see about 15 people in 2 hours, less if you don't count outnumberd fights.

7 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

50 fights in 2 hours?! Quick, tell me which server you're on because I see about 15 people in 2 hours, less if you don't count outnumberd fights.

Piken.

It is all about when you play, for soloing 7 to 9 am is the best i think.

5 hours ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Like ME!   lol... 😉

The main reason Untamed can beat Soulbeast (Greatsword + Longbow) is because it can perfectly counter its main mechanic which is Rapid fire into Maul. 

Any Longbow attack can be projectile blocked by the unleashed pet and any maul attempt can be rooted by either Axe ambush, Shortbow 4 or Entangle.

The match up heavily favors Untamed, where it lacks is mobility so in WvW Soulbeast still has an advamtage if they run the hyper specific duel pet build (not many do). 

• Confused 1

On 4/13/2023 at 10:05 AM, ventress.4879 said:

The main reason Untamed can beat Soulbeast (Greatsword + Longbow) is because it can perfectly counter its main mechanic which is Rapid fire into Maul. 

Any Longbow attack can be projectile blocked by the unleashed pet and any maul attempt can be rooted by either Axe ambush, Shortbow 4 or Entangle.

The match up heavily favors Untamed, where it lacks is mobility so in WvW Soulbeast still has an advamtage if they run the hyper specific duel pet build (not many do). 

How the heck do you all react so fast...???  Im lucky to just spam buttons while screaming F...F...F...F...F!!!!!!!!!!   lol  😉

Seriously, attacks so arent like NPC's.....but its fun anyways.