Help with Virtuoso build for open stuffs

Joxer.6024

Ok, so I am not the greatest at doing builds and the numbers and junk. trying to make a Condi Virt for open and I have Cele gear, as I share it with other classes, so yea. I know that for condi Virt I really want my crit to be up there (no clue on the number though, 60%?) so how can I bump that up? Thief runes maybe? But then in open stuff you really cant get behind things that much so not sure that would work. Can I use gems in accessories to bump my precision? Like i said, I am a tad clueless with this stuff so if anyone has something that works please share.

Cheers!!

Oh and i have no issue going power if that can work better, just was told the sustain on condi is that much better.  😉

5 minutes ago, ventress.4879 said:

Sadly Celestial just doesnt work on Mesmer, you need to synergies with your traits and nothing really benifits from having celestials. 

The reason Power or Condition Virtuoso works is from very restrictive synergy.

so...options? I mean I dont have to go cele but it seems like vipers would be a tad squish? 

On 4/12/2023 at 10:07 PM, Joxer.6024 said:

so...options? I mean I dont have to go cele but it seems like vipers would be a tad squish? 

You can run vipers fine since you heal from bleed damage. If you want to be tanky strangely enough run as many life steal items as you can. Healing power won't benifit your healing but other types stack very nicely. 

Edited by ventress.4879
  • Confused 1

For overworld virt, I just run the raid version.  It's mostly rampager gear.  The reason I go with this is the immense self-sustain the build has, both from the trait Jagged Mind and all the procs from Signet of the Ether.  Though for my own version I usually have Rain of Swords over Signet of Illusions, since Virt can only generate enough blades to make SoI worthwhile in good conditions and circumstances.  The maximum DPS rotation will have you using Signet of the Ether, but if you want to stay alive you can avoid using it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

For overworld virt, I just run the raid version.  It's mostly rampager gear.  The reason I go with this is the immense self-sustain the build has, both from the trait Jagged Mind and all the procs from Signet of the Ether.  Though for my own version I usually have Rain of Swords over Signet of Illusions, since Virt can only generate enough blades to make SoI worthwhile in good conditions and circumstances.  The maximum DPS rotation will have you using Signet of the Ether, but if you want to stay alive you can avoid using it.

Cheers for that! Since I have that gear already I shall give it a go. Thanks again!  😉

20 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

People have done the math, you can stack life steal Food with Signets and can heal a stupid amount of damage especially on a class that continously attacks like Virtuoso. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/14/2023 at 10:49 AM, ventress.4879 said:

People have done the math, you can stack life steal Food with Signets and can heal a stupid amount of damage especially on a class that continously attacks like Virtuoso. 

Dont to dig up a 5 month old post but given all this and adding in all the new stuffs, are people doing ok by it for OW currently? I ask cuz  Hizen  just refuses to bother with Virt and open (picky old fart...lol) but since it can be fun it would be nice to have something where you aren't being winked at by a HP and dying. 

23 minutes ago, Alsandar.7420 said:

Virtu is great. And if you’re bored with chrono or mirage I understand.

But in open world I much prefer chrono and especially mirage, because npc’s fight my clones and I never take damage

Are there tricks I'm missing with Chrono? Because it seems 10 times squishier and weaker than my Virt in open world combat.

People talk about the clones tanking damage but they vanish after killing your target and the enemies always seemed to be focusing on me even when there were clones attacking them.

Chrono has horribly kitten healing so it can't even heal back the damage it sustains especially because Signet of the Ether is required for the class and is used for DPS not used when you need healing.

When I finally respecced for Virtuoso I became 10x better in Solo combat. It passively heals, I'm always ready to fight to my fullest because I don't have to resummon the clones after I kill every single enemy.

It's a shame because Chrono is my favorite spec. I spent months trying to make it work and I spend 90% of my time in Solo open world. But the Virtuoso just works SO MUCH better.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

It's a shame because Chrono is my favorite spec. I spent months trying to make it work and I spend 90% of my time in Solo open world. But the Virtuoso just works SO MUCH better.

Same, only I really really really wanna give Virt a solid go as just not a fan with the others, so ny tips do share and THANK YOU!!  😉

The main reason Virtuoso is better in most cases in Open World is because you are only reliant on Dueling as the secondary Traitline.
This leaves you be able to pick Inspiration for faster Focus cooldowns and also Illusionary Inspiration for healing.

You end up in a situation where you can group and up and bleed anything that could kill you. For Bosses off-hand Pistol can account for a huge amount of healing and with Condition Signets you have bothered a great stun break and a backup Break bar utility.

• Like 1

Mesmer in general heavily rallies on positioning.   To get the most out of your dps especially in open world where no one is gone gank you, line targets up move your position for the piercing damage.   Usually just having mobs clump together is good enough for piercing to hit.   I play power, f1 can do 15k dmg if they all crit followed up by gs4 2 3.   You’ll spike anything for 20k +.  And all of the gs skills will do aoe dmg.   Condi is prob better in open world compared to power in competitive.   So much boon spam and most people trait heavily on condi cleanse.   Openers are big when it comes to Mesmer sustain.   You land a good strike on anything will tilt it from ever recovering.

• Like 1

The reason why Virutoso seems so much stronger in open world right now is because of its passive healing on bleeds which isnt much but also the fact that you use the Healing Signet which activates per blade spawn, considering the amount of blades you can spam it is not hard to get health back.

this thread is painful to read, its literally dismissing several different build potentials on almost every reply. 

While they keep nerfing Mesmer & removing diversity, Celestial can be very effective if mixed with other pieces to cap stats. Dueling is completely unnecessary as a traitline & often is a DPS loss in a good Virt OW build. You've plenty of ways to break 30k dps solo and most of them utilize a few pieces of Celestial to expand boon duration/upkeep.

Experiment and beat up on things, do not let the closed mindedness of the player base deter you from becoming more efficient & creative OP. The Devs may try to remove diversity from the class but it still has options atm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Voyant.1327 said:

this thread is painful to read, its literally dismissing several different build potentials on almost every reply. 

While they keep nerfing Mesmer & removing diversity, Celestial can be very effective if mixed with other pieces to cap stats. Dueling is completely unnecessary as a traitline & often is a DPS loss in a good Virt OW build. You've plenty of ways to break 30k dps solo and most of them utilize a few pieces of Celestial to expand boon duration/upkeep.

Experiment and beat up on things, do not let the closed mindedness of the player base deter you from becoming more efficient & creative OP. The Devs may try to remove diversity from the class but it still has options atm.

Unless you run Power it will be hard to reach 100% Bleed duration plus 100% critical chance with just Celestial. 

I guess you could run the on-kill Sigil of Perception to get 12% critical chance and even Sigil of accuracy for another 7%. Then maybe you can squeeze a few celestial pieces in. 

Edited by Mell.4873

17 hours ago, Voyant.1327 said:

Here I always considered Dueling to be the absolute required trait line for Virtuoso's solely because they are so dependent on getting Crits to stack bleeding, Fury is more impactful for Virtuosos and Duelling is the only way that seemed to be reliable for Fury uptime on a Solo Mesmer.

But you clearly have figured everything out that we all have missed... So maybe you can give suggestions on how to actually build and play the spec instead of just insulting everyone.

• Like 3

On 8/11/2023 at 12:43 PM, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Fury is more impactful for Virtuosos and Duelling is the only way that seemed to be reliable for Fury uptime on a Solo Mesmer..

I solved this problem a while ago. You can use Plate of Sweet Curried Mussels, if you are unable to run Dueling. It's only really good for open world soloing though. 

• Like 2