Please change moa

17 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

First of all it's not 1/4s, second of all you are talking about quickness, not superspeed. In conclusion, GeneralBM does not know what he is talking about.

Brain fart on quickness. My fault.

50% of 1/2s cast is??

Please continue to downplay this interaction, we all need a good laugh.

Edited by GeneralBM.5781
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Not how quickness works - or in other words: point proven.

I'm sure your opponents really appreciate that 0.085s difference between 0.25 and 0.335. Definitely makes all the difference. What a saint this one is.

Mesmers really will rob 49 people then call you criminally insane for saying they robbed 50 smh

Edited by GeneralBM.5781
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

I'm sure your opponents really appreciate that 0.085s difference between 0.25 and 0.335. Definitely makes all the difference. What a saint this one is.

Mesmers really will rob 49 people then call you criminally insane for saying they robbed 50 smh

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quickness
Literally can't even be bothered to look at the wiki and read.
It's a cast speed INCREASE which means 1s cast becomes 0.67s.

I must say thank you though, you have epitomised the majority of the people in this thread and who complain about mesmer in general. You guys just have 0 clue how the game works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quickness
Literally can't even be bothered to look at the wiki and read.
It's a cast speed INCREASE which means 1s cast becomes 0.67s.

I must say thank you though, you have epitomised the majority of the people in this thread and who complain about mesmer in general. You guys just have 0 clue how the game works.

Explain step by step how a 1/2s initial cast Pistol 5 (modified to 0.335s by quickness) turned into a 1s cast......

Mesmers so good at illusions they trick themselves

Edited by GeneralBM.5781
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Just now, GeneralBM.5781 said:

Explain step by step how a 1/2 initial cast Pistol 5 (modified to 0.335s by quickness) turned into a 1s cast......

Mesmers so good at illusions they trick themselves

Thought you were talking about moa....as it's the topic. Yeah pistol is 0.33s with quickness but it doesn't change that you were very wrong about quickness. You also should be able to dodge a 0.33s cast time with the tell being you're a bird, you know something is going to be following that up.
Or is someone going to say that becoming a bird isn't a big enough tell that you're going to get spiked?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, apharma.3741 said:

You also should be able to dodge a 0.33s cast time with the tell being you're a bird, you know something is going to be following that up.
Or is someone going to say that becoming a bird isn't a big enough tell that you're going to get spiked?

And against mesmers with an actual brain to just wait for your dodge? or what about against the 2nd round of pistol 5 + moa?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, GeneralBM.5781 said:

And against mesmers with an actual brain to just wait for your dodge? or what about against the 2nd round of pistol 5 + moa?

18 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

I've still yet to see someone make a valid point as to it being nerfed in the way the OP and some really spite filled players are saying  in actual modes that are supported, where it's simply not used because it's not good.
For the 4th (?) time, 2v2 and 3v3 are not supported game modes.

That's without mentioning the elephant in the room that I've been saying is busted since it first came out, continuum split. This skill should never have been in the game, there is simply too much potential for abuse.

• Confused 5

1 minute ago, apharma.3741 said:

So we're arguing the same point.

I really don't care about moa in this equation, frankly it's the least important variable. As I've said before, the combination of stealth + CS + quickness is what makes this interaction extremely in the mesmer's favor, to the point that (again) memorizing 3 buttons makes any mesmer feel godlike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

So we're arguing the same point.

I really don't care about moa in this equation, frankly it's the least important variable. As I've said before, the combination of stealth + CS + quickness is what makes this interaction extremely in the mesmer's favor, to the point that (again) memorizing 3 buttons makes any mesmer feel godlike.

A simple continuum split letting them have 2 bites at the cherry with almost no downside would have perhaps gone down a bit easier for all of us.
That magic bullet probably shouldn't be 2s stun for such a quick casting skill designed to interrupt (the pistol trait reinforces this) a key ability.

8 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Not only can you dodge, block, interrupt, etc the skill when they first cast it, but you can also run away and dodge 3 times while in moa form. I almost never die in moa form.

Pretty much my experience, if you do get bursted down they are normally a wet noodle afterwords and die to almost any counter pressure. 

Edited by ventress.4879
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

A simple continuum split letting them have 2 bites at the cherry with almost no downside would have perhaps gone down a bit easier for all of us.
That magic bullet probably shouldn't be 2s stun for such a quick casting skill designed to interrupt (the pistol trait reinforces this) a key ability.

CS is fine.

Magic Bullet animation is stupid yes.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/12/2023 at 4:58 PM, GeneralBM.5781 said:

It's not "pistol 5". It's "pistol 5 with quickness cast in stealth that can be cast a second time if by some miracle I missed the first one".

Just so we're clear, how much has a mesmer to invest into one single trick, both in terms of build and personal skill, before they're actually allowed to pull it off? Because we're talking about the mesmer investing everything into one combo that can be performed once every 90 AND THAT IS IT. No blocks, no alacrity, nothing: if everything aligns you get a kill and you die if you don't. Mesmer is investing everything into a meme combo which can be denied by stealth (to prevent the whole thing from actually happening) or blind\stab (to prevent the subsequent pistol5 from stunlocking you) or by killing it as it is really super squishy. When it comes to viability, we're in the same tier as berserker with rifle: you eat the wrong skill, you die.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Just so we're clear, how much has a mesmer to invest into one single trick, both in terms of build and personal skill, before they're actually allowed to pull it off? Because we're talking about the mesmer investing everything into one combo that can be performed once every 90 AND THAT IS IT. There's not even the block from shield4, there's no alacrity to cheat the cd, there's nothing: you drop the combo, if everything aligns you get a kill and if you don't (stealth is proper counterplay, and they had to get nuked twice before they realized it ), when it comes to viability we're in the same tier as berserker with rifle.

Gw2 players do not understand high risk high reward, they would rather have a match of catalysts, spellbreakers and condi chronos bruising eachother for 15 minutes (this is hyperbole but directionally correct)

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, tutueater.2370 said:

Moa form gives you more mobility and evasion than a Reaper. Try dodging the super outdated chrono burst.

It's not going down that way lately.

The better players who run double Chrono comps are performing a certain routine that absolutely locks you down once Moa hits and you instant die from the following burst with no way of stun breaking or dodging or using the #5 skill to evade. It's like instant full lockdown CC and you die.

This double Chrono moa comp stuff is actually becoming extremely toxic, extremely fast.

Tbh, in the case of Chrono, Sig Of Humility is on way too low of an ICD. There is a lot that needs to be fixed here. The dynamic being presented here is stupid and has no counterplay.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 4

11 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It's not going down that way lately.

The better players who run double Chrono comps are performing a certain routine that absolutely locks you down once Moa hits and you instant die from the following burst with no way of stun breaking or dodging or using the #5 skill to evade. It's like instant full lockdown CC and you die.

This double Chrono moa comp stuff is actually becoming extremely toxic, extremely fast.

Tbh, in the case of Chrono, Sig Of Humility is on way too low of an ICD. There is a lot that needs to be fixed here. The dynamic being presented here is stupid and has no counterplay.

It is a mostly made-up non-issue. I'm sorry that you got farmed by Shorts again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/13/2023 at 2:13 AM, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

CS is fine.

Magic Bullet animation is stupid yes.

CS is a balancing nightmare, ANet can't even balance around a 20% CDR trait, you think they can handle a double cast anything mechanic? Also killing the mote 9/10 times isn't done because you're usually forced to play defensively during CS.
Magic bullet animation is fine, pistol trait is for interrupts so the cast and animation have to be fast. What is stupid is the 2s stun on something designed to interrupt. 0.5-1s daze but applies to each foe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Razor.6392 said:

maybe it should be given the death judgment treatment (reveals you)

I would accept this ngl  

59 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

What is stupid is the 2s stun on something designed to interrupt. 0.5-1s daze but applies to each foe.

Please no, I have enough of dazes. Everyone and their mothers can decide at any point to start kiting and the mesmer will have 0 kittening ways to do anything unless by chance said guy eats sword 3 (other gap closers may not reach the target but will cover some distance, whereas sword3 will not be casted AT ALL) or a gravity well. You can't do anything because the ranged options are terrible, illusions will never reach any target and mesmer has no leaps and ONE single port on 35s cd; people can literally start walking in the opposite direction and you won't be able to do a kitten thing about it.

I want a button which I can press and get a combo; rangers have that with kick\hilt bash\winter's bite, warriors have that with bull charge, for mesmer that's pistol5. I understand giving it a bigger telegraph -maybe it doesn't even need a higher cast time, just some proper particle effects on cast start, some bright flash on the mesmer or something of the sorts- but PLEASE give mesmer a tool to just get a kittening kill without relying on someone committing suicide with 25 stacks of confusion.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I would accept this ngl  

Please no, I have enough of dazes. Everyone and their mothers can decide at any point to start kiting and the mesmer will have 0 kittening ways to do anything unless by chance said guy eats sword 3 (other gap closers may not reach the target but will cover some distance, whereas sword3 will not be casted AT ALL) or a gravity well. You can't do anything because the ranged options are terrible, illusions will never reach any target and mesmer has no leaps and ONE single port on 35s cd; people can literally start walking in the opposite direction and you won't be able to do a kitten thing about it.

I want a button which I can press and get a combo; rangers have that with kick\hilt bash\winter's bite, warriors have that with bull charge, for mesmer that's pistol5. I understand giving it a bigger telegraph -maybe it doesn't even need a higher cast time, just some proper particle effects on cast start, some bright flash on the mesmer or something of the sorts- but PLEASE give mesmer a tool to just get a kittening kill without relying on someone committing suicide with 25 stacks of confusion.

I'd rather they give mesmer the mobility to chase and keep up with classes or apply more cripple/chill than pack a 2s stun on a skill that's so fast casting and difficult to see coming, even with a windup animation like the put on PBS.
In general I think longer duration CC, especially on hard CC that locks you out of both skills and movement should have longer casts and longer tells, it's not just a mesmer thing.