Elite skill for ele: what did you choose?

I usually used a Glyph of Elementals, but I want to try a new elite skill. I can't make a choice. Please tell me which elite skill you use! I'm very interested to know!

A list of elite skills: conjure Fiery Greatsword, glyph of Elementals, tornado, whirlpool, elemental Celerity (for cata), rebound! (for tempest), weave Self (for weaver).

Elemental Celerity can be strong if you have a weapon with strong enough skills that you'll want to fire them off twice. Weave Self can be awkward to maximise the benefit from, but it's an elementalist elite - the competition isn't great. Rebound is primarily something you'd use in a group context. Tornado/whirlpool... pretty much only gets used in the context of disrupting enemy teams in PvP, and I haven't even been seeing that much lately, in PvE you're probably generally better off not using it. Fiery Greatsword is... conditional. Most people consider it to only be a damage boost if you fire off a couple of high-value skills, drop it, and then pick up the second FGS before it expires to repeat those skills. However, it is also a big chunk of Stability for the period that you're holding it, so it could be useful in situations where you might otherwise be being disrupted a lot.

13 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Elemental Celerity can be strong if you have a weapon with strong enough skills that you'll want to fire them off twice. Weave Self can be awkward to maximise the benefit from, but it's an elementalist elite - the competition isn't great. Rebound is primarily something you'd use in a group context. Tornado/whirlpool... pretty much only gets used in the context of disrupting enemy teams in PvP, and I haven't even been seeing that much lately, in PvE you're probably generally better off not using it. Fiery Greatsword is... conditional. Most people consider it to only be a damage boost if you fire off a couple of high-value skills, drop it, and then pick up the second FGS before it expires to repeat those skills. However, it is also a big chunk of Stability for the period that you're holding it, so it could be useful in situations where you might otherwise be being disrupted a lot.

Thank you! Tornado is not used in pvp, I think, because its damage in pvp is 5 (instead of several hundred in pve).

I like the stability, I think I'll try the sword instead of the elemental!

42 minutes ago, FiveBunnies.5730 said:

Thank you! Tornado is not used in pvp, I think, because its damage in pvp is 5 (instead of several hundred in pve).

I like the stability, I think I'll try the sword instead of the elemental!

You can use tornado instead of rebound if playing tempest. The cc is quite good especially for preventing the enemy team from ressing Allie’s in 2v2 and 3v3.

For pve great sword probably does the most damage

2 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

However, it is also a big chunk of Stability for the period that you're holding it, so it could be useful in situations where you might otherwise be being disrupted a lot.

The great sword not give stability! It do not!

1 hour ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

You can use tornado instead of rebound if playing tempest. The cc is quite good especially for preventing the enemy team from ressing Allie’s in 2v2 and 3v3.

Tornado feels good in pve.

In PvE I use Glyph of Elementals because having a mobile turret and extra break-bar skill is just too useful against more difficult enemies.  (My PvE build is an air-only stun dps/tank)

In WvW I use Rebound, because my build utilizes chaining group magnetic aura played in synergy with my roommate's focus to dominate in close range. (My WvW build is a water-earth attrition and ranged reflect)

~EpWa

Edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643

I use Weave self just because I like the concept, but unfortunately the elemental is probably equal damage, easier to use, and more versatile with better synergy with elite procs.  I think that sucks because I hate using pets, but that's where we are.

Alternatively, I'd love to use fgs but that obnoxious cooldown and the drop mechanics.  I wish they'd just make it work like an engi kit.

I use glyph of elementals most of the time, earth and water skills are very good. Fire also has a nice burst, plus all the benefits of not being hit cuz things aggroed on your element. Fire great sword is a better pick for instanced content with organized team

I use... just about all of them.  In WvW I use Fiery Greatsword as a form of weapon swap for my sword weaver build.  In PVE I use Weave Self for all weaver builds now that it has been buffed to give better damage to both power and condition builds.  On Tempest, I use Glyph of Elementals for the Fire Tempest build, but I use Rebound for all of the support builds.  On Catalyst I use Elemental Celerity mostly as a CC supplement, but also it is great for resetting things when the rotation goes awry or a specific weapon skill is needed.  In almost all circumstances, if a great amount of CC is needed I will slot in Tornado.

11 hours ago, FiveBunnies.5730 said:

The great sword not give stability! It do not!

Weird. I'd been using it regularly in Dragonstorm, and always seemed to have a lot of stability while it was up and noticeably less otherwise. I was running Staunch Auras on Catalyst as well, though, so it's possible that there was some sort of combo field interaction that was responsible for that.

In WvW...

3 Equipment loadouts: DPS, Support, 50% Celestial + Mix

4 Build loadouts: DPS Weaver, Full Support Tempest, Hybrid Tempest, Boon Catalyst

1) DPS Weaver + Fiery Greatsword

2) Support Tempest + Rebound

3) Hybrid Tempest + Fiery Greatsword or Elemental (if solo)

4) Boon Catalyst + Elemental Celerity or Elemental (if solo)

19 hours ago, Lorendyl Azoradaelas.5203 said:

I thought the point of it was to give it to someone else.  I stole one while using impossible odds and saw an 80k floating number.  That was with random levelling gear.

Used to be. Balance changes since have made it so that most professions are generally better off not bothering, though.