We tried matching a couple hunks from the football team against random strangers

Invoker.5462

Desperate for action, we've decided it best to recruit people off the street for our next game.

Yeah, they don't know each other or anything but they're game so why not? 
On the other side of the fence, we've got two well practiced hunks from the football team.

YEAH.. Doesnt happen lol.
Except in guild wars.
A game so ahead of it's time yet it's a good idea to take an established team and pit them up against random people in PVP.
I wonder who thought that was a good idea lol.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

When I was in high school, we had an intramural basketball tournament where students were randomly placed on teams who then  played each other. My team somehow got the two best varsity basketball players in the school placed on it. All that the rest of us on that team had to do was to stay out of the way while those two varsity players decimated everyone we played against. We easily won the tournament and I personally thought it was a great idea. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Invoker.5462 said:

Desperate for action, we've decided it best to recruit people off the street for our next game.

Yeah, they don't know each other or anything but they're game so why not? 
On the other side of the fence, we've got two well practiced hunks from the football team.

YEAH.. Doesnt happen lol.
Except in guild wars.
A game so ahead of it's time yet it's a good idea to take an established team and pit them up against random people in PVP.
I wonder who thought that was a good idea lol.

This is actually my biggest problem with pvp.  The matchmaking makes me not want to play.  It's a stomp for either team usually and very rarely is it a fight between people of similar skill level.  It's just no fun when it's 500 - 200 or less winning or losing.

1 hour ago, Xperiment.6923 said:

I dont know what you guys are talking about but since your fighting in the middle I'm gonna try to steal that node near their base and hope no one notices.

Unfortunately, upon walking onto mid, you get hit with all the dragonhunter traps that were still there for some reason.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The games snowball too easily these days. Getting kills seems to have more impact than defending nodes. I think they need to increase the bleed out percentages to prevent situations where a down means your ally sits there for 15s just to wait another 15s when dead. Maybe that would make games less volatile, but I’m not sure tbh.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

The games snowball too easily these days. Getting kills seems to have more impact than defending nodes. I think they need to increase the bleed out percentages to prevent situations where a down means your ally sits there for 15s just to wait another 15s when dead. Maybe that would make games less volatile, but I’m not sure tbh.

Players should bleed out much faster.

2 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Either that or add a 5th down skill that’s let’s you suicide after 5s.

5 is too quick imo, but ten would be good. However, I prefer natural bleedout due to people being dumb and rallying others.

22 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

When ganging up on people gives more result than the actual rules, the game's integrity is basically shot like Janet Jackson's career.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

When ganging up on people gives more result than the actual rules, the game's integrity is basically shot like Janet Jackson's career.

Real kitten 😂

And I respect you not derailing from the topic.
Bleed out times? Ok, yeah. They could stand to be shortened. Why people think that is at all related to coordinated teams vs random strangers is beyond me.

Wasn't the bleed out times that made people quit, it was DuoQ.

• Thanks 1