eye of the sun turret

Judging from the video you don't need to do any turning or aiming. The 1 skill is a ground target skill so you use it like any other ground target skill which changes depending on your fast cast setting. By default you would press(or left click) 1 then hover your mouse over the area you what to shoot and press 1(or left click) again

• Like 2

Yes interacting with turret after dialoge.  Maybe Khisanth is right I will try it.  Just could not figure out how to get it to shoot where I want it.  Somehow I got it turned 90 degrees to the left. I'll try it later. thanks for the help.  I've been playing a gun focused engineer.  Trying a sylvari guardian for a change of pace.  Maxed the Mechanist and started Scrapper.  Just wanted a break and trying something else and got stuck. Thanks for the help.

Uncertain a ticket is going to get you any help. As folks have noted, it's a ground-target skill that the turret provides. So if you had it somehow "turned 90 degrees to the left" chances are you hopped on the turret and didn't move your cursor and fired wherever your mouse was hovering. When you hop on, you should see a ground targeting indicator (green circle) following your mouse. You can use that to aim the turret at the poison and/or hylek.

I'd hate for you to stop playing  the guardian just because of this turret, especially if you were enjoying it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Never see the green target indicator.  Still working with support to see what's going on.  I have several other silly glitches.  It may be some software on this pre built that is causing issues.  If worst comes to worst I have 2 level 80 tickets I'd love to get out of a shared inventory slot.  Might just use them here.  I know the story from previous engineer play through.  After 30  the story main lines.  So not missing much.  I just won't go directly to end game with these 2 toons.  I'll learn in the game before playing end game.

18 hours ago, Phread.7506 said:

Never see the green target indicator.  Still working with support to see what's going on.  I have several other silly glitches.  It may be some software on this pre built that is causing issues.  If worst comes to worst I have 2 level 80 tickets I'd love to get out of a shared inventory slot.  Might just use them here.  I know the story from previous engineer play through.  After 30  the story main lines.  So not missing much.  I just won't go directly to end game with these 2 toons.  I'll learn in the game before playing end game.

you cant get them out of shared inventory slots they have to be used from there

And it dont stop you from the story you can play the whole thing as a level 80

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 1

Two different characters, same bug, that is very uncommon. There do exist story-chapters which are full of bugs and 5-10 attempts may result in one completion. But this one should not cause a real problem.

I assume you have already tried what I suggested in your 2nd thread. The toxic wall is not instant-death. It is a damage-over-time AoE. As far as I remember, those two pots you are supposed to destroy have health-bars and are vulnerable to regular attacks. You can try to destroy them manually with a few tries. Attack -> die -> checkpoint -> attack ... . The story-steps are not strictly scripted. In some story-instances later, you can skip using devices if you just go in brute-force. No guarantee though.

I figured it out.  Using the "1" key not the F1 or the F1 in the weapon track will work.  Not supposed to work that way.  Hitting the 1 key auto targets the first 2 pots.  How long you hold the 1 key determins height of the shot.  In the second wave of pots left clicking the pot will auto target it.  A red "V" will appear over the target.  This the turret will hit.  Not consistant with any other usable ground weapon in the game.  Might want to pass it on to the dev's if they see this.  Got both Sylvari toons through it last night.  Thanks to all of you who posted.  The level 80 tickets I'll work a character to 75 or so then use them.  I'll use the Celestial gear as a start before doing ascended.   Thanks to all who posted.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Phread.7506 said:

I figured it out.  Using the "1" key not the F1 or the F1 in the weapon track will work.  Not supposed to work that way.  Hitting the 1 key auto targets the first 2 pots.  How long you hold the 1 key determins height of the shot.  In the second wave of pots left clicking the pot will auto target it.  A red "V" will appear over the target.  This the turret will hit.  Not consistant with any other usable ground weapon in the game.  Might want to pass it on to the dev's if they see this.  Got both Sylvari toons through it last night.  Thanks to all of you who posted.  The level 80 tickets I'll work a character to 75 or so then use them.  I'll use the Celestial gear as a start before doing ascended.   Thanks to all who posted.

Glad you figured out what was wrong and that it was not a bug happy gaming.

On 5/17/2023 at 2:56 AM, Phread.7506 said:

Cannot figure out how to make the kitten turret work. no matter what I do it just sits there.  Cannot move it or aim it let alone fire it.  How does it work?

Simple, it shoots kittens. Press F and then 1