Progression with latest LWS - Emotional Release [Merged]

If it help any, resetting the story while logged in still keeps Taimi and Co in the world, but doesn't fix the problem.  

I quit the chapter, logged out fully and back, and then resumed the chapter.  Taimi and Co now do not appear, but the same story step is still greyed out ("Return to the surface to discuss experimentation results.")

Relogging *again* with the story active will bring back Taimi and Co, but they're still stuck. 😕

Edited by Tyrsa.4981
Extra info

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thank you all for flagging this, we are looking into it now! 

Same issue here too and others have cropped up as well.  So please look into the other bugs regarding Slyvari as well, we'd appreciate a response on all bugs reported so we know we are being heard.

Hi,

just finished the bit with Scruffy where we are sent down below to test the recollector's 3 skills.

After I exit the instance none of the NPC talks to me anymore and I cannot continue the story.

The story step is Emotional Release and the green task says "Return to the survace to discuss the experiementation results".

I have tried to relog, to change char, to exit the map and re-enter.

I noticed I didn't download everything but only enough for the game to be playable, so i waited to download everything but nothing changed.

I have also tried to quit the story chapter and then clicked to continue but didn't work. I tried to do the same again but in another map not in Gyala but nothing.

I am just stuck.

EDIT: restarted the whole story with a new character, I didn't see major bugs that interrupted the story, but at the end, I could NOT speak with Canach at the club. So I guess I am not gonna see the story ending for now.

I will wait a couple of day to see if they fix the whole thing really and play something else meanwhile.

Edited by Aedil.1296
  • Like 2

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey everyone, I have a couple of follow-up questions as we continue working on this. If you're experiencing this bug, can you let me know the answers to these:

• Were you able to talk to Taimi and complete the "Return to the surface step", but the issue is that the subsequent step is not revealing?
  • If yes: Did that interaction with Taimi trigger any dialog?
  • If yes: Did you leave the map or otherwise disconnect? Or, did the dialog get interrupted by other dialog in the map (such as from the meta?)
  • If no: Is Chul-Moo present along with the other NPCs standing in a group next to Taimi?

9 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey everyone, I have a couple of follow-up questions as we continue working on this. If you're experiencing this bug, can you let me know the answers to these:

• Were you able to talk to Taimi and complete the "Return to the surface step", but the issue is that the subsequent step is not revealing?
  • If yes: Did you leave the map or otherwise disconnect? Or, did the dialog get interrupted by other dialog in the map (such as from the meta?)
  • If no: Is Chul-Moo present along with the other NPCs standing in a group next to Taimi?

I completed the quest when I was piloting Scruffy; went back to Taimi and didn't progress as the next step is greyed out (That's when the dialogues start) but nothing has happened, Chul-Moo is there as well but nothing is happening. I hope what I said is clear; I tried to relog but nothing happened even a full restart back to the launcher and still nothing has happened.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

1. Yes to interact.

2. No dialogue started.

3. Did not leave the map and no other dialogue appeared.

4. Chul-Moo is present.

• Like 3