Did anyone really think untamed needed the nerfs?

Zuko.7132

25 minutes ago, thc enjoyer.4976 said:

Virt was my problem and they nerfed chrono. I don't even notice rangers. Or didn't.

Ya, there were so many higher priority targets. It just blows my mind.

I could understand the nerfs in a large patch if power creep was being brought down, but not as a hotfix.

Edited by Zuko.7132
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Pray do tell what about vindi dodge is op?

a lot of times u can interrupt burst, well when vindis burst, they dodge in the middle of it to damage you more and not get hit

they just have way too easy of a time resetting and re-entering duels with their teleport

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Pray do tell what about vindi dodge is op?

Revenant already sees no play and people will still tell you that Revenant, even Herald is amazing.
Some people just want to delete complete classes.

"MANN but the run that Herald had was LONG."
It's never about balance, but petty revenge when demanding nerfs from ANET.

Edited by XxsdgxX.8109
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

only things that need nerfing right now

vindi dodge

Vindi right now sucks bro. Rev is dog water in general. It literally has zero access to stability. The assigned utilities on champ hero give you 1 second of stability on blue side and 1 second on red side. You have to cycle through those constantly pre-loading stability in order to do anything with Vindi right now. Rev period. Classes with out stability in this meta are actually unplayable. Vindi doesnt need a nerf, it needs a buff in the form of reliable stability. And frankly, all classes should be able to have access to a utility skill that can let you apply stability where you see fit. With around 20 second cooldown. Its necessary for the direction the game has progressed. We need to able to choose when and when not to apply it and pick our engagements. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Anet behaves weird, untamed is the eod spec with least nerfs, at some point it would become the strongest spec, so they try to pre nerf it.

On the other hand those bladesworn buffs were kinda obviously land to strong, and they're there anyways, so it's hard to understand what devs think.

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@ArthurDent.9538 Would say ..... the Dodge itself is not even a problem. Its just simply felt stupid fighting a vindicator. Why? Well cause all this build do is spaming the dodge button (or at least it seems Like it cause god kitten let me at least be able to hit him and not him just pressing Dodge all the time) In Short. Its the ammount of how many times he could Just Spam its dodge than just the dodge itself that is a Bit broken and stupid. This plus the ability to get 2 weapons with Blocks CCs and one Skill that Deals massive dps just for Press it ( GS 5 ).

Buuut overall i would not call it OP. Its more just hard annoying to Fight it.

Edited by Myror.7521

3 hours ago, Lothorien.8720 said:

No one was complaining about untamed. I really would like to have the reasoning behind this nerf.

Because it requires some skill to use. So there are no good untamed at gold rating, so it wasn't strong in eyes of vocal audience.
But at higher tier it was one of the strongest build for soloQ and I can guarantee if not recent nerf next mAT every team would have 1 or 2 untameds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

What is more telling is how quickly untamed and chrono have been nerfed as opposed to catalyst.

Edit: For that confused person, it took months for catalyst to get toned down to it's current iteration, while untamed and chrono are adjusted pretty fast and weren't dominating to the same extent as catalyst was.

Edited by apharma.3741
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I figured Untamed nerfs to the damage modifiers were coming someday but given there's a lot more oppressive things in the meta right now, this makes the nerf to it now kind of weird. The most problematic thing on Untamed is probably Signet of the Hunt which is a core utility that just hard enables untamed. But in the absence of a useful port skill it is kind of a necessity to contend in the current meta. I think that they should:

A) Revert the change made to Unnatural Traversal, but make its cooldown baseline anywhere from 35 to 40 seconds. 

B) Make Unleashed ambush skills stowable.

C) Revert the buff to Signet of the Hunt and instead, make Unleashed ambush skills unblockable. 

This would put more emphasis on the Unleashed ambush skills as a source of damage, and brings a healthier flow to the specialization.