Added a Beetle Course to EOD, but no Griffon?

I'm genuinely a little disappointed that they didn't add any griffon courses to any of the EOD maps with last week's patch. The Gyala beetle race is fun enough, but it would've been nice to do something similar with the griffon. Not to mention Expert/Master courses could be quite fun to implement in maps like NKC or Echovald with all the structures and stunts you can already do there.

Here's hoping you fine folks at Anet decide to bring those back for future maps at least, it's been years since Griffon enjoyers have gotten actual new adventures to grind. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

And we haven't had a new griffon course since Festival of the Four Winds and A Star to Guide Us... in 2018. The most recent Beetle Race was the Dragon Bash one in 2019. I'd say Griffon is about as overdue as Beetle for new courses at this point. :V

Edited by Caitmonster.9036
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

i am certainly not opposed to more mount races...

Griffon Adventures and Skyscale Dispersment "puzzles" make sense in any map, and since some were added to core Tyria maps, i'm all for adding them to any "empty" spaces in any map. (more precedent is that fishing holes were added to maps of all expansions)

PS: more updrafts and gliding leylines on more non-HoT maps would also be appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

The beetle adventure was added in EoD because beetles are originally from Cantha. The original Guild Wars had a festival in Shing Jea in which players turned into roller beetles and raced. So the new added beetles race actually has a point. Not saying more adventures for griffon wouldn't be nice, but that's the reason why it was beetle race and not anything else.

• Like 2

Cantha is one of my favourite places to mess around on my griffon. Kaineng and Jade Sea are just so much fun on it. Kaineng has some great spots to start it too including the giant tower and the Jade statue.

Maybe they have metrics that show a lack of use, but it’s still a missed opportunity in my opinion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Maybe they have metrics that show a lack of use

A lack of use created by a lack of incentive is always such a nice way to tip a scale towards your wanted outcome 😄

Like the time when EoD was fairly new, I remember this laughable statement from Arenanet regarding the Soo Won fight that was something along the lines of: "We have evidence that this fight is not
too challenging since this map is very active"
Hell yeah, it is crammed with people who TRY to got Soo Won done but never do and so have to come back time after time xD
At least they somewhat acknowledged afterwards and made the Turtle Collection Starter way easier to obtain....

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/28/2023 at 2:16 PM, Crono.4197 said:

The beetle adventure was added in EoD because beetles are originally from Cantha. The original Guild Wars had a festival in Shing Jea in which players turned into roller beetles and raced. So the new added beetles race actually has a point. Not saying more adventures for griffon wouldn't be nice, but that's the reason why it was beetle race and not anything else.

I understand that there used to be an OG GW event with the beetle but the fact still remains it's a LWS4 gated mount just like the griffon is gated by POF. If anything, adventures should have solely been relegated to raptor/springer/skiff races and turtle courses.

As it was stated above there are so many areas that look like they were just made for griffon courses or stunt flying. Sure there's plenty of community created routes but it just isn't the same (or as rewarding) as an in-game adventure.

Fingers crossed all mounts get some adventures moving forward from here.

• Haha 1