Energized Tools of the Luxon Hunters

Hi everyone!

Not sure if any of the ArenaNet members team will be reading this, but just in case: please, increase the drop rate of those weapon boxes. Please. Since last patch, I've opened hundreds of caches in Gyala Delve with the "special" air filters activated, and I have not obtained a single one, neither from caches nor events. The drop rates feels VERY low.

For us (at least, for me), completionists players, this is a bit discouraging. Spending many research notes on those air filters and many hours of meta-event to obtain nothing... feels bad. And I don't feel like spending hundreds of gold on the trading post for a basic collection. The end solution will be farming something completely different to just buy it, and that feels wrong. What's the point of the new meta or the air filters, then?

Thank you!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Thanatos Blood.5702 said:

Hi everyone!

Not sure if any of the ArenaNet members team will be reading this, but just in case: please, increase the drop rate of those weapon boxes. Please. Since last patch, I've opened hundreds of caches in Gyala Delve with the "special" air filters activated, and I have not obtained a single one, neither from caches nor events. The drop rates feels VERY low.

For us (at least, for me), completionists players, this is a bit discouraging. Spending many research notes on those air filters and many hours of meta-event to obtain nothing... feels bad. And I don't feel like spending hundreds of gold on the trading post for a basic collection. The end solution will be farming something completely different to just buy it, and that feels wrong.

If you're a completionist player, there's always an option of getting gold and buying boxes off tp. Unless you're only a completionist when it's easy, at which point... you're not exactly a completionist.

6 hours ago, Thanatos Blood.5702 said:

What's the point of the new meta or the air filters, then?

If you'd end up buying them off tp, you'd still be buying them off someone who keeps running metas and using filters. So their point remains the same, even though you might get impatient and would rather do something else.

As for changes in drop rate, I don't think we're able to judge it just yet (at least I'm not), but who knows, maybe anet is.

• Like 8
  • Confused 13

8 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If you're a completionist player, there's always an option of getting gold and buying boxes off tp. Unless you're only a completionist when it's easy, at which point... you're not exactly a completionist.

If you'd end up buying them off tp, you'd still be buying them off someone who keeps running metas and using filters. So their point remains the same, even though you might get impatient and would rather do something else.

As for changes in drop rate, I don't think we're able to judge it just yet (at least I'm not), but who knows, maybe anet is.

Indeed, as I mentioned, there's that method, way easier than the conventional one, given the circumstances. But, as I also mentioned, I don't feel like spending hundreds of gold on a basic collection, and I'd rather ask if a rate drop increase was something doable. I don't think that makes me or anyone else less of a completionist; I simply value my time, and if someone can spend dozens of hours every week farming, then congratulations! I can't, and so do many more players, because of IRL.

So, I don't think it's about having to prove that real completionists do whatever is necessary, being easy or not, or that some get impatient. I just think, having opened hundreds and hundreds of chests, without getting any single one, is very discouraging. Not about patience: I've waited months to slowly progress on some of those personal in-game goals, and I don't have a problem doing so again. I just think the drop rate feels so low that running that meta for that specific achievement definitely feels like a waste of time. Maybe I've been just veeery unlucky with the RNG. Whatever 🤷‍♂️ time to save up a bit.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I simply value my time

good said, your "simply" value your time, insted of "highly"

your doing meta that is only 4-5g 

fishing is 5-6g (that takes up to 7min and you can do it by just parking alt)

and box is 2-3g as bonus, (around 0-2 for whole meta)

Why are you doing this meta in first place, insted of doing more valuable stuff to exchange gold for that boxes

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

good said, your "simply" value your time, insted of "highly"

your doing meta that is only 4-5g 

fishing is 5-6g (that takes up to 7min and you can do it by just parking alt)

and box is 2-3g as bonus, (around 0-2 for whole meta)

Why are you doing this meta in first place, insted of doing more valuable stuff to exchange gold for that boxes

I'll quote myself again, because I see the point is being totally missed: "The end solution will be farming something completely different to just buy it, and that feels wrong. What's the point of the new meta or the air filters, then?".

I'm perfectly aware that the most efficient way to obtain most things in this game is just "make gold, buy it", if we're talking timewise (because yes, I'm also aware that time is the most valuable currency, also in-game). I just wish I didn't have to do that again to get a collection, and that I could do it the way it is supposed to be done. But for now, that feels unachievable, unless you're willing to waste thousands of hours and research notes which, again, it's not worth at all.

Edited by Thanatos Blood.5702
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

"Just buy the boxes" is a typical brain dead solution. The drop chance is just terrible. The special filters don't do anything as far as I'm concerned.

Thay schold add reward tracks like on drizwood, making it more interesing

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Thanatos Blood.5702 said:

it's not worth at all.

thats what i said, it's not worth

i get you want drop it by yourself, but by incresting drop rate, you will lower it's value for evryone else, making that meta even less profitable

Keep also in mind, that to loot at first place you need buy keys or spend time by doing events, before that meta

In short:

This meta is popo, and bigger drop rate will make it even more popo

At this point even leather farm at lake doric is more rewarding (12g per h)

Either their drop rate is not actually that low or there isn't much demand. Prices have already drops by ~30% compared to 2 weeks ago, ~20% compared to 1 week ago. Cheaper than some weapons that drops from HoT weapons introduced 8 years ago compared to 2 weeks for these.

The actual choices are

• participate in Gyala meta
  • buy from TP
  • wait until they are cheaper then buy from TP

What is not an option is "I want these fast and/or cheap". Should they be? I have no particular opinion on that. If they are cheap I'll buy them for unlock. Their prices should drop unless you expect Gyala to become dead content and on this point I agree but in that case the post should be "please increase drop rates so I can get them before Gyala becomes dead content and prices skyrocket"

As for being a completionist. That is something inherently expensive. A single one of these https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Equipment can cost more than the entire collection. Same for a single gen3 variant skin. What gave you the idea that being a completionist was going to be cheap and quick?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Either their drop rate is not actually that low or there isn't much demand. Prices have already drops by ~30% compared to 2 weeks ago, ~20% compared to 1 week ago. Cheaper than some weapons that drops from HoT weapons introduced 8 years ago compared to 2 weeks for these.

The actual choices are

• participate in Gyala meta
  • buy from TP
  • wait until they are cheaper then buy from TP

What is not an option is "I want these fast and/or cheap". Should they be? I have no particular opinion on that. If they are cheap I'll buy them for unlock. Their prices should drop unless you expect Gyala to become dead content and on this point I agree but in that case the post should be "please increase drop rates so I can get them before Gyala becomes dead content and prices skyrocket"

As for being a completionist. That is something inherently expensive. A single one of these https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Equipment can cost more than the entire collection. Same for a single gen3 variant skin. What gave you the idea that being a completionist was going to be cheap and quick?

I never said anything about wanting anything "fast and/or cheap" 🙂 I simply said that, after opening hundreds of caches and obtaining no result, the frustration is very high, and I don't have the motivation to keep running a new meta (and I think that applies to many other people). Which leads to the "dead content" thing: no rewards = no motivation for repetition. So maybe precisely that very low drop rate is what will make it a dead content. If they want people to actually try and get those new weapons, maybe making it a little bit more possible than "almost 0 chance" would be nice. But I'm no expert in how the economy of the game works!

And again, I'll quote myself because (again), I see the point is being missed: "I don't think it's about having to prove that real completionists do whatever is necessary, being easy or not". Some can be hardcore players who are willing to complete everything in the game asap. Some, in the other hand, will take it slowly, simply because we have our own lives to attend to. So I don't think there's anything wrong in asking to balance the drop rate of an item that, only if you're farming for hours and hours every day, will drop. Which, again (please, read the discussion before making me repeat myself, I've written that word more times than I'd like), leads to the point of "repeating the meta for that purpose is useless, I'll farm something else to get gold, wait for the prices to go down and buy them". And that's what kills the meta. If there's no point on repeating it, no one who values their time will.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

To me drop at least 1 per day, was 5g on TP, im just selling them(was 12g days ago) before price drop even lower.

if i was u, i just keep selling these boxes instead of rush the achievment.

The Energized version? 5g seems quite low... Are you sure you're not talking about the standard version?

I also got 1 normal box and sold it for about 9g, at the beginning. Then I used the buff for the energized version and got nothing. Considering how expensive became also the research notes, I stopped trying for now.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Urud.4925 said:

The Energized version? 5g seems quite low... Are you sure you're not talking about the standard version?

I also got 1 normal box and sold it for about 9g, at the beginning. Then I used the buff for the energized version and got nothing. Considering how expensive became also the research notes, I stopped trying for now.

u are right.

sry for confusion.

• Like 1

Yeah only a couple of weeks in still but it looks like maybe I was wrong on this one. Not that the collection needs to be nerfed or the drop rate needs to be adjusted, but it pretty clearly wasn't a collection meant for everyone and so would have been better suited to a dif cheeve category . . .

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I recentnly finished every Achievement in Story Journal tab and then this thing appeared.... I don't want to spend 400g for some AP. This achievement like its name said should be put in Collection Tab. It is ruining whole idea of doing achievement at this point. Drop rate should be higher or the achievement moved to cellecion tab. I did whole meta plenty of time and not a single drop as well. 

• Like 1