Can you like, rework OH Mace?

Grand Marshal.4098

Won't even ask about MH (or the awful treatment it received, lol some barrier will definitely fix it???????????????????????????).

Just make Tremor a cone akin to Hammer Shock, decrease knockdown to 2 seconds and have Crushing Blow.....idk....DO DAMAGE???

Well that extra 3 stacks of might on CC'd foes is definitely big 🤡

Or you know, improve casting of the skill, make it a decent aoe and give it some decent damage instead of some measly vuln and might. Maybe OH mace could become both a fun group-weapon and a fun solo-roamer weapon in comp.

My crushing blow under all effects doing some 3k-5k crits is beyond laughable for the CD of the skill.

Same applies to Rip and Wastrel's Ruin. Seems like you intentionally kitten up skill 4 slots on OH weapons. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

yea, mace is completely pointless now, bladesworn does cc on damage, spellbreaker got built in cc and lightning field, hammer does a crap ton damage with a lot of cc.

why bring mace? only place is probably secondary set for a axe only berserker..but that's resident sleeper build and also loses dps.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I actually like maces...

Though to be fair, assuming the enemy is cc'd you can actually land 20 vuln stacks, which is pretty impressive all things considered (like, that's already 4/5 way of capping the stacks and asking it to increase to 25 is a bit silly in this context imo).

But yes, 3 stacks of might on hit is laughable. At least Mace 5 gives you some nice CC though.

Oh and buff MH mace please. I would love to see condi stuff implemented into it. Make it a condi equivalent of hammer.

4 hours ago, NeverLoseGuy.3894 said:

I actually like maces...

Though to be fair, assuming the enemy is cc'd you can actually land 20 vuln stacks, which is pretty impressive all things considered (like, that's already 4/5 way of capping the stacks and asking it to increase to 25 is a bit silly in this context imo).

But yes, 3 stacks of might on hit is laughable. At least Mace 5 gives you some nice CC though.

Oh and buff MH mace please. I would love to see condi stuff implemented into it. Make it a condi equivalent of hammer.

I like maces as well, but MH mace lacks what can turn it into a viable solo weapon (clunky block, bad range, no effects whatsoever, slow asf AA) and OH mace is literally a worse hammer.

The issue with Tremor is that obnoxious and terrible projectile finisher. Like huh? Melee weapon does a projectile finisher CC skill????? What is the thought process there? 

If you give it some better AoE CC and cleave, maybe you can pair it with a mainhand axe and provide some DPS and CC, or a sword and focus on CC and immob in comp or PvE settings. 

Vuln is terrible nowadays with the amount of cleanses. Unless the skill you strike with has baseline vuln (to actually benefit the consecutive attacks) it will simply be a filler tooltip just existing to maintain a general "power level" for a rather terrible weapon.

10 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Cause if we want to stick to 4 warriors on DPS specs, least anet can do is make OH weapons have some variety. 

OH axe stays as the main dps for power

OH sword stays the main dps for hybrid 

OH dagger stays the main strip/dps

OH mace is the main CC/dps

Counter offer:

Axe: Main Power DPS, but add reflect to Axe5
Sword: Remove the block on Sword 5, make it a 3/4s evading attack that inflicts 6 stacks of torment plus one more stack per movement impairing condition on the targer.
Dagger: remove the DPS and instead make it rip massive amounts of boons. Give Spellbreaker a trait that grants ripped boons to allies in the area.
Mace: Tremor becomes a cone AoE knockdown. Crushing blow becomes 1/4s cast, deals double damage to CC'd targets and cleaves. 
Torch: Turn Torch 4 into a cone AoE that sends 5 waves of flame forward rather than striking 5 times in a line.

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Counter offer:

Axe: Main Power DPS, but add reflect to Axe5
Sword: Remove the block on Sword 5, make it a 3/4s evading attack that inflicts 6 stacks of torment plus one more stack per movement impairing condition on the targer.
Dagger: remove the DPS and instead make it rip massive amounts of boons. Give Spellbreaker a trait that grants ripped boons to allies in the area.
Mace: Tremor becomes a cone AoE knockdown. Crushing blow becomes 1/4s cast, deals double damage to CC'd targets and cleaves. 
Torch: Turn Torch 4 into a cone AoE that sends 5 waves of flame forward rather than striking 5 times in a line.

honestly, seeing the stolen whilrling axe skill, it would make sense for a reflect to go into axe 5.

I am ok with any change on sword. I dont even mind riposte since it's fun to use against rangers on my power build.

I would ideally want some dps to stay on oh dagger, since if you choose to run it with MH, half the kit focus on single target and boon removal. Just cleave on wastrel's and maybe more dmg on bladestorm. I can't see them add more boonrip than a single boon per unique foe struck per channeling. Or it becomes a baseline of 5 boons removed and maybe we trade the vuln for it. 

Agree on Mace and Torch.

On 6/6/2023 at 1:20 AM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

The issue with Tremor is that obnoxious and terrible projectile finisher. Like huh? Melee weapon does a projectile finisher CC skill????? What is the thought process there? 

Probably that it wasn't an instant hitscan attack and at the time, everything was either instant hitscan or a projectile.

It would probably be better if it was like revenant mace 3 - a series of consecutive hitscan zones. Blast finisher optional.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Probably that it wasn't an instant hitscan attack and at the time, everything was either instant hitscan or a projectile.

It would probably be better if it was like revenant mace 3 - a series of consecutive hitscan zones. Blast finisher optional.

Agreed. I have long wanted tremor to be a leap attack with aoe knockdown. Would be much easier to hit multiple targets that way and gives the added mobility as a bonus (which is important because you need a way to set up crushing blow).

Crushing blow should also have it's cast time reduced to at least 1/2s and a lower CD. A small range increase (like 180-240) would also be helpful.

• Like 1

Just now, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Agreed. I have long wanted tremor to be a leap attack with aoe knockdown. Would be much easier to hit multiple targets that way and gives the added mobility as a bonus (which is important because you need a way to set up crushing blow).

Crushing blow should also have it's cast time reduced to at least 1/2s and a lower CD. A small range increase (like 180-240) would also be helpful.

I believe that having an alternative to Axe for DPS in comp modes has been long-time coming.

And I don't count pistol when we talk largescale combat lol.

A mix of a leap and a couple of hits can zones could work lovely. Using OH mace comes at the price of requiring a one-handed mainhand and therefore being restricted to mostly melee bursts, unlike say, going hammer for Earthshaker and Rupturing Smash respectively.