New Arc Divider..... letz talk

Myror.7521

7 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

you are not tagging no mob with only 600 radius, you only clearing raptors because they got like 300% movement speed, so they run to you fast. there's literally no way to have more then 5 trash mobs within 600 radius of you before you finish casting a 1.8 second channel because trash mobs move slower then that.

Have you seen some of the upscaled meta events? Mobs everywhere.

tagging players in zerg, you got longbow for that, you barely even cast any arc divider in enemy zerg, maybe once every 5 minuts lol. and when you are using it, it's not for tag, but to do burst and get out.

Real chads Zerg Surf.

one hit will clear clone just as good, mesmer literally only get 3 clones max at a time.

Yeah but if they are stealthed you don't know for certain where they are among the clones. They may be in the first range increment, the second, or the last if you center yourself near the clones. The first, and sometimes second hit based on range will clear the clones and when they come out of stealth, they have no clones and/or are already in down state. Works on 9/10 non virt mesmers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2023 at 7:31 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Have you seen some of the upscaled meta events? Mobs everywhere.

bruh even in upscaled meta events, mobs are spread out and don't run to only you at a 300% movement speed like the raptors have.

go do it yourself, and come back tell me how many times you actually hit more then 5 trash mobs at a time. 

Real chads Zerg Surf.

say you like to respawn without saying you like to respawn. it's simply unrealistic gameplay.

Yeah but if they are stealthed you don't know for certain where they are among the clones. They may be in the first range increment, the second, or the last if you center yourself near the clones. The first, and sometimes second hit based on range will clear the clones and when they come out of stealth, they have no clones and/or are already in down state. Works on 9/10 non virt mesmers.

doesn't matter, it hits 5 targets and mesmer+clone = 4 targets.

if anyone not dodging after seeing first hit of arc divider, he's probably mentally lacking or just completely new.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

One thing that seems to be overlooked is the degree to which the new AD will improve the dmg delivery even though the overall dmg is potentially lower.

Old AD:

2.112 coeff/1.86s = 1.135/s

New AD:

1.82 coeff/0.8s = 2.275/s

This is a really important improvement in competitive modes, since the current AD is so easy to dodge (at least a few parts of the multi-hit channel). Again, it is a double-edged sword, but this is not a completely bad change.

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

One thing that seems to be overlooked is the degree to which the new AD will improve the dmg delivery even though the overall dmg is potentially lower.

Old AD:

2.112 coeff/1.86s = 1.135/s

New AD:

1.82 coeff/0.8s = 2.275/s

This is a really important improvement in competitive modes, since the current AD is so easy to dodge (at least a few parts of the multi-hit channel). Again, it is a double-edged sword, but this is not a completely bad change.

I would much rather delete clones, adds, provoke dodges, do 2k-4k, AND get my trait activation than potentially do 6k to some random guy who will proceed to be incessantly annoying about how its undodgeable and get the damage whittled down more (don't tell me it isn't possible they just did it last patch)

or

get blinded/hit a block/hit an invuln and waste my adren and get no trait stacks, or glance.

High theoretical damage isn't everything.  Most warrior builds in the meta don't use strength line.  Utility, flexibility of application, and the THREAT of damage if a user doesnt take an action (dodge or mitigation forcing) is more usable in this instance. 

I can't understand people advocating for it even fractionally. We have other power weapons that do one hit nukes, and we have extensive evidence of how bad having to land one hit nukes can feel when your opponents all have instant cast blocks/blinds.

There's a reason condi zerker is on the meta roster, and not hammer zerker, even after all the buffs to it.

You'll change your mind the instant you whiff to a thief one time, then we will have to wait at least 3 months for a functionality change. I'm not into it. Don't fix unbroken stuff.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 11:29 PM, felix.2386 said:

tagging players in zerg, you got longbow for that, you barely even cast any arc divider in enemy zerg, maybe once every 5 minuts lol. and when you are using it, it's not for tag, but to do burst and get out.

This tickles my temper because if you believe this ^

But not this:

Real chads zerg surf

There's no reason to even make the arc change. The only way you'd propose a damage nerf in wvw to arc followed by a complete rework of the skill is if you're so deathly afraid of a surfing warrior that you're willing to move the game to get away from it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This tickles my temper because if you believe this ^

But not this:

There's no reason to even make the arc change. The only way you'd propose a damage nerf in wvw to arc followed by a complete rework of the skill is if you're so deathly afraid of a surfing warrior that you're willing to move the game to get away from it. 

Not to mention that to surf the zerg you have to put a great deal into defenses, but man is it worth it. That is the warrior's home, that is where the warrior should be, surrounded by enemies laying waste with their axes and greatswords left and right laughing with glee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I would much rather delete clones, adds, provoke dodges, do 2k-4k, AND get my trait activation than potentially do 6k to some random guy who will proceed to be incessantly annoying about how its undodgeable and get the damage whittled down more (don't tell me it isn't possible they just did it last patch)

or

get blinded/hit a block/hit an invuln and waste my adren and get no trait stacks, or glance.

High theoretical damage isn't everything.  Most warrior builds in the meta don't use strength line.  Utility, flexibility of application, and the THREAT of damage if a user doesnt take an action (dodge or mitigation forcing) is more usable in this instance. 

I can't understand people advocating for it even fractionally. We have other power weapons that do one hit nukes, and we have extensive evidence of how bad having to land one hit nukes can feel when your opponents all have instant cast blocks/blinds.

There's a reason condi zerker is on the meta roster, and not hammer zerker, even after all the buffs to it.

You'll change your mind the instant you whiff to a thief one time, then we will have to wait at least 3 months for a functionality change. I'm not into it. Don't fix unbroken stuff.

I hear what you're saying, and I don't necessarily disagree. All I'm saying (and all I've ever been saying on this topic) is that the new AD will be better than the old AD in some situations (e.g. big AoE up-front nuke that is harder to avoid) but will be worse than the old AD in others (e.g., vs blind, aegis, waves of frail mobs, etc). I'm not necessarily advocating for the new AD, just pointing out that it's not all bad. You and everyone else are entirely entitled to your own opinions as to which version you would prefer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I hear what you're saying, and I don't necessarily disagree. All I'm saying (and all I've ever been saying on this topic) is that the new AD will be better than the old AD in some situations (e.g. big AoE up-front nuke that is harder to avoid) but will be worse than the old AD in others (e.g., vs blind, aegis, waves of frail mobs, etc). I'm not necessarily advocating for the new AD, just pointing out that it's not all bad. You and everyone else are entirely entitled to your own opinions as to which version you would prefer.

I'm just

So angry

*vibrates*

(Completely understood I'm just sparring for posterity. Again, I'm not actually upset at anyone in this thread, just mildly annoyed at constant utility reduction.)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

With EC? Nah, I can go in and out of the zerg and live.

once every 5 mins like i said.

the only upside for 3 hit arc divider is to kill pocket raptors and go in zerg every 5 min and hope that you will kill 5 people including cleave out downstate

because unless you completely delete one of 5 targets including downstate with 2 hits or one of the guy moved out of the way, there's no way you going to hit more then 5, on third hit.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

once every 5 mins like i said.

the only upside for 3 hit arc divider is to kill pocket raptors and go in zerg every 5 min and hope that you will kill 5 people including cleave out downstate

because unless you completely delete one of 5 targets including downstate with 2 hits or one of the guy moved out of the way, there's no way you going to hit more then 5, on third hit.

5 min? You know the traits got reworked right?

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

5 min? You know the traits got reworked right?

doesn't matter, unless you completely cleave out the target in 2 hits there's no way you hitting more, unless people move out of the way, then you hit more.

if in the case of people moving out of the way, then so what, your 1 hit, will not do anything other then tagging..

may as well just longbow at this point.

• Confused 2

like, the best you can do is down people with first 2 hits and hit the downstate with last one, but obviously you can't finish. and this is on some squishy target.

given the coefficient, pvp matched to wvw and there's 0 damage lost to wvw.

like you literally do the same damage, but now, in one hit. and cast time reduced by 1 second.

it's literally going to be so good in wvw

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 2

the entire argument for pvp/wvw and pve are completely different.

pve reduced cast time and damage, which is to maintain DPS.

while PvP/WvW has a cap on damage per skill, which makes 3x feels incredibly weak with long cast time, not only that, having long cast time skill is so weak, even braindead monkeys can avoid them.

they reduced the cast time by literally 1 second and got minimum damage lost.

it's a huge buff.

sure having multi hit is nice and all, but not at the cost of having long cast time, long cast time multi hit is really not multi hit. long cast time is worse then having low hit counts.

would it really be multi hit when you can literally use the cast time and cast 3 seperate single hit skill.

like imagine, gunflame increase cast time by 1 second and now shoot 3 times and have damage divided by 3, you wouldn't want that would you, it's beyond me when you wouldn't want this treatment for gunflame, but you would want it for arc divider.

the upside clearly outweight the downside and the only downside is really just reduced cleave against trash mobs in pve.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

like imagine, gunflame increase cast time by 1 second and now shoot 3 times and have damage divided by 3, you wouldn't want that would you, it's beyond me when you wouldn't want this treatment for gunflame, but you would want it for arc divider.

If each hit dazes, that's 3 stacks of stability gone or a guarantee daze if 1 stack of stability.

Edited by Leo G.4501

Old Arc divider looks really nice and is pleasing to use. It gives a very ferocious kind of feel to it. The version of Arc divider we'll see is just going to be one wave and I don't think it will feel as impressive.

The other thing is old Arc divider is more reliable damage, even if the first hit is blinded, second hit is blocked, the third skill at least puts some pressure on the enemy. New one either hits or fails. This is huge because the damage outside of berserker mode is a very significant loss. If you lose your burst inside of it too.... I don't know, I don't like the change.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I'm just

So angry

*vibrates*

-vibrates in sync with the Greatsaw-

Instead of leaning away from the class fantasy to make it PVP functional, lean in harder. Each pulse could add heavy vulnerability, or cripple enemies so they can't get away easily and put distance between you, or add weakness to make it less risky to stay in their face, or even strip boons. Imagine that going off with multiple enemies trying to cap a point.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leo G.4501 said:

If each hit dazes, that's 3 stacks of stability gone or a guarantee daze if 1 stack of stability.

even if it did daze 3 times, i assure you people will rage in the forum if damage got split into 3 hits.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 1