make spears a land weapon

On 6/13/2023 at 7:35 AM, Gibson.4036 said:

It’s hard for me to imagine dynamic animations with one handed spear. Poke. Jab. Poke poke.

I found the names for the land spear auto-attack chain.

Other skills include:

"Bigger poke"

"Jump and Poke"

"Throw Spear" .> "run around trying to get your spear back wondering why you threw it"

"Hundred Pokes"

• Haha 3

After this balance patch, I'm even more against this.

Polearms were removed in early stages as land weapons because they didn't offer a significant niche that wasn't already filled by hammer, greatsword, and longbow. They still don't, really.

More importantly, I really dislike the devs' current angle of removing unique features in service of homogenizing classes. One day it's how banners and gyros and spirits work, the next it's removing corruption and flanking. And here we have a bunch of squeaky wheels clamoring for, effectively, the entirety of water combat to be deleted just so they can have a stupid spear.

I don't want this. It would be a lazy change, and wouldn't add hardly anything to the game. I would prefer the devs put in the work to reinvigorate and refine water combat, not just erase it in service of dumb fan requests.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Confused 4

36 minutes ago, Batalix.2873 said:

After this balance patch, I'm even more against this.

Polearms were removed in early stages as land weapons because they didn't offer a significant niche that wasn't already filled by hammer, greatsword, and longbow. They still don't, really.

More importantly, I really dislike the devs' current angle of removing unique features in service of homogenizing classes. One day it's how banners and gyros and spirits work, the next it's removing corruption. And here we have a bunch of squeaky wheels clamoring for, effectively, the entirety of water combat to be deleted just so they can have a stupid spear.

I don't want this. It would be a lazy change, and wouldn't add hardly anything to the game. I would prefer the devs put in the work to reinvigorate and refine water combat, not just erase it in service of dumb fan requests.

The request isn't to delete underwater content though - is anyone actually sugegsting that here?. This is an entirely separate suggestion which can work alongside underwater. It in no way is suggested to undermine underwater content which I agree is long overdue for some work to be put into.

It's not really detrimental to anything to ask for adapted weapon types. In fact the game has done it before by turning staff from a two handed magic focus into a fighting martial arts weapon. Repurposing assets is precisely what GW2 does.

There's a point here that polearms don't add anything and I can understand that view at least even if I think the devs are capable 11 years on in finding a way. The point about homogenising classes though is very valid and a big concern right now

• Like 4

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

just reminding everyone I am solely responsible for this entire update and Anet should thank me with my own unique spear skin dedicated to me

Just reminding you that your demand was 11 year late from the first one asking for this feature.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1