Top players on Alts need to be stopped!

SlayerXX.7138

Title! They need to be banned. They ruin the matchmaker. They ruin the games for everyone else. They kill any good will a new or average player could have for the mode. They actively leeching and ruining the game mode they invested so much time in.

Can't wait for the basement dwellers to cycle through their alt accounts to get very confused about this Post.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Just type "guild wars 2 buy pvp title" in Google and you will understand the real problem here:

-
[PvP Boost] - Top 25 Leaderboard PvP (Title Duke/Duchess of the Arena) : 355 €
- [PvP Boost] - Top 10 Leaderboard PvP : 550 €

Should I argue more ?

You can't maybe do something against that type of websites, but you take some actions against that in game.

PS: I will not mind if moderators censor me for that but please spread the word to the team.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

As I said in another post: 

Let these players rot in the purgatory that they created. No one cares about PvP, Anet does not care about PvP, PVErs and WvWers do not care about PvP or PvPers or any of the achievements that they have. Literally, go to any of the other gamemodes or any other PvPers to ask about the 'clout' behind getting to plat or even legend anymore.

No one cares about these people and made peace with the fact that anything achieved from this gamemode is just an easier way to get legendary armor. Majority of these people outside of a select few who have genuinely have taken the time to teach people do not care and are just running it until this game either shuts down and they finally can move on to something else, or until PvP has become such a wasteland that everyone will stop having a care.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

Let these players rot in the purgatory that they created. No one cares about PvP, Anet does not care about PvP, PVErs and WvWers do not care about PvP or PvPers or any of the achievements that they have. Literally, go to any of the other gamemodes or any other PvPers to ask about the 'clout' behind getting to plat or even legend anymore.

Even if I agree with your statement, I am sorry in advance to be rude but that's what goldsellers would say: "Nothing to see here, move on." I know you're not one of them and it's more desillusion who speaks, but hey.

There is a real problem when legit players, who regularly played PvP since launch, can't find a match without an afk player in their team (match manipulation) meanwhile the same duo-queue people destroy everything while their alt-accounts sabotage the game. Their is no skill here, no good players, just match manipulation.

As I said up, there is a dark market around selling PvP titles who damage the game a lot in the long term. Those alt-accounts generate a lot of dirty money which is reinjected in every part of the game.

Edited by Anvar.5673
typo, one more argument
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

Even if I agree with your statement, I am sorry in advance to be rude but that's what goldsellers would say: "Nothing to see here, move on." I know you're not one of them and it's more desillusion who speaks, but hey.

There is a real problem when legit players, who regularly played PvP since launch, can't find a match without an afk player in their team (match manipulation) meanwhile the same duo-queue people destroy everything while their alt-accounts sabotage the game. Their is no skill here, no good players, just match manipulation.

As I said up, there is a dark market around selling PvP titles who damage the game a lot in the long term. Those alt-accounts generate a lot of dirty money which is reinjected in every part of the game.

Oh, I absolutely agree. In fact, you've touched on one of MANY issues I have within this gamemode, community, and its treatment as a whole. That has been my gripe since day one when I truly began to grasp that there was some serious malicious crap going on and we essentially were looking like a bunch of clowns to a group that could not give two damns about anyone else's enjoyment except their own.

The spirit of PvP has been tarnished for a long while and the lack of response due to some of these dunces being one of the few left that gives GW2 publicity and views is just honestly sad. I'm personally not saying this because I just sit around for essentially free legend armor, but it's just exhaustion speaking after harping about this for almost a whole decade (I started playing around 2016) and nothing being done. It's tiring and no wonder people simply left to let the rest of the community rot in their hole. 

But you are absolutely right, there's been suspicious activity taking place for years now and the lack of response is just vomit-inducing at this point. It's why I will never acknowledge someone's skill no matter if they are actually good. Perpetuating harmful behaviors that frightens away potential new blood makes me lose all respect for the achievements as a whole. 

Edited by Dreams.3128
  • Like 6

duoq and class swaping has to be stopped first.

i rarely pvp anymore and every second game i play there are 1-2 people instantly swapping classes after they loaded into the game. I mean it's kind of understandable that they are playing the system by abusing duoq and are trying to get matched against lower tier specs but it's pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

yeah this is my point.  It's not an issue of good players having alts... it's when they are purposefully used in bad sportsmanship to take advantage of the match maker.   Ie. purposefully tanked in MMR (by losing matches), then duo'd with other star players for the sole purpose of taking advantage of a lower average MMR to play against people not of equal skill.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thc enjoyer.4976 said:

Bro my alts are the same rank as my main a lot of the times and other times depending on how well I rolled on bot roulette, I will have an alt in the high 1700s.. 

What I'm getting at, lower rated players won't be seeing my alts lol. 

You will tho. There's only a handful of people in, around, and above that rating and then the plat population has fallen so low that there are more golds on the top 250 lb than there are plats.

Its so bad that there may as well not even be any matchmaking at all, and that's not even counting duoq, which completely breaks matchmaking even with a decent-sized player pool.

39 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

They need to make it so duo's calculate their MMR as if both players were at the higher member of the duo's MMR

23 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

yeah this is my point.  It's not an issue of good players having alts... it's when they are purposefully used in bad sportsmanship to take advantage of the match maker.   Ie. purposefully tanked in MMR (by losing matches), then duo'd with other star players for the sole purpose of taking advantage of a lower average MMR to play against people not of equal skill.

Its bad when they use duoq to smurf and boost, but the problem is baked into duoq itself. There is no fixing duoq because it will always be an advantage over the majority of players.
The only real solution is the simplest one, which is to remove duoq or split it into its own separate ranked arena.

2v1 is not fair, no matter how you spin it. The fact that duoq uses an average instead of the highest rated player for MMR is just a bonus reason to dislike it and further proof that it needs to go and never return.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

You will tho. There's only a handful of people in, around, and above that rating and then the plat population has fallen so low that there are more golds on the top 250 lb than there are plats.

Its so bad that there may as well not even be any matchmaking at all, and that's not even counting duoq, which completely breaks matchmaking even with a decent-sized player pool.

Its bad when they use duoq to smurf and boost, but the problem is baked into duoq itself. There is no fixing duoq because it will always be an advantage over the majority of players.
The only real solution is the simplest one, which is to remove duoq or split it into its own separate ranked arena.

2v1 is not fair, no matter how you spin it. The fact that duoq uses an average instead of the highest rated player for MMR is just a bonus reason to dislike it and further proof that it needs to go and never return.

totally agree... the real solution is to allow any sized group of teaming ranked... but to allow players to chose if they want to be teamed against groups larger than theirs.  Then to do ranking on a group size basis.  

But short of that ever happening... at the very least I'll take calculation of average MMR based on the higher players MMR for both members of the duo.  It'd be a start.

8 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

totally agree... the real solution is to allow any sized group of teaming ranked... but to allow players to chose if they want to be teamed against groups larger than theirs.  Then to do ranking on a group size basis.  

So splitting the queues basically? That's exactly what I'm suggesting and its a much better, more effective, more permanent solution.

8 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

But short of that ever happening... at the very least I'll take calculation of average MMR based on the higher players MMR for both members of the duo.  It'd be a start.

A start and an end as well. We'd be going in circles and the advantage would still lie with the duoq.

Ofc you can do you; you should be able to anyway, but shouldn't settle for less and keep a brave face on it. The wintrading cartel would take that and run with it because its a minor inconvenience to them at most. Give them an inch, and they will take a mile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

Ie. purposefully tanked in MMR (by losing matches), then duo'd with other star players for the sole purpose of taking advantage of a lower average MMR to play against people not of equal skill.

Yeah absolutely. Met some in silver 3 who was pretty good for a Silver, nicknamed him Sus PvP. Looked him up today, Sus PvP sits right now at a 800 RP. Sus PvP must have gotten some of these unlucky lose streaks/s.🤔

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Haha 2

On 6/23/2023 at 12:12 PM, Anvar.5673 said:

Just type "guild wars 2 buy pvp title" in Google and you will understand the real problem here:

-
[PvP Boost] - Top 25 Leaderboard PvP (Title Duke/Duchess of the Arena) : 355 €
- [PvP Boost] - Top 10 Leaderboard PvP : 550 €

Should I argue more ?

You can't maybe do something against that type of websites, but you take some actions against that in game.

PS: I will not mind if moderators censor me for that but please spread the word to the team.

team is on it, and by on it I mean they get their cut

On 6/23/2023 at 2:02 PM, shion.2084 said:

Yeah they're working it to insulting degree in the last couple of seasons.

I've had situations where I lose a game to normal P1/G3 players while being in P1, and I get -17. Then I go lose to a top 10 duo where one of them is a random alt I've never seen before and I lose -16, like lol what? Then I win vs. the normal P1/G3 players an get +12, and when I win vs. the top 10 duo I get +14 like, k.

This is because they are doing exactly what you just described here, hard smurfing. Realistically, when you are in P1/G3, if you lose to a top 10 duo, it's supposed to look more like -6 and if you win vs. that, it should be like +20-25, even mid season when you already have 100 games played.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yeah they're working it to insulting degree in the last couple of seasons.

I've had situations where I lose a game to normal P1/G3 players while being in P1, and I get -17. Then I go lose to a top 10 duo where one of them is a random alt I've never seen before and I lose -16, like lol what? Then I win vs. the normal P1/G3 players an get +12, and when I win vs. the top 10 duo I get +14 like, k.

This is because they are doing exactly what you just described here, hard smurfing. Realistically, when you are in P1/G3, if you lose to a top 10 duo, it's supposed to look more like -6 and if you win vs. that, it should be like +20-25, even mid season when you already have 100 games played.

It's exact reason why we either should have full premade or full soloQ, nothing between for 5v5. DuoQ is nothing more than way to exploit matchmaking.

• Like 3