Will Relics invalidate legendary runes? [Merged]

3 hours ago, Sreoom.3690 said:

Sheesh, even ANET says Runes have 6 Tiers...so @Ashen.2907 your argument about current runes having 7 Tiers is incorrect.

It is really easy to counter an argument that the other person never made. I never said that runes have seven tiers. I said, and ANet very clearly stated, that there are seven bonuses, two of which occur on the sixth rune. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

It is really easy to counter an argument that the other person never made. I never said that runes have seven tiers. I said, and ANet very clearly stated, that there are seven bonuses, two of which occur on the sixth rune. 

Anet never said two happen on the 6th tier, go read their statement it’s 5 basic bonuses and 1 wildcard which could be a stat bonus or a special bonus never never say they have multiple bonuses in the 6 tier

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Anet never said two happen on the 6th tier, go read their statement it’s 5 basic bonuses and 1 wildcard which could be a stat bonus or a special bonus never never say they have multiple bonuses in the 6 tier

So then all runes at tier 6 have 1 bonus?

How do you explain all the ones that have 2 that dont depend on eachother like the movement speed and boon generation thats two separate bonuses like we have been trying to get through to you for several pages now.

If its like you say tier 1-5 in some cases should be able to have 2 then right?

like the mercy with Gain a 20% damage reduction while reviving an ally, why dont it have healing power aswell it would only count as 1 bonus according to you.

So how do you explain that?

Edit

And Anet did say it linked two on the 6th tier, so your wrong about that one aswell.

So if even Anet can admit that they are taking away something from the tier 6 runes why cant you?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/combat-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

The wild card sixth tier arbitrarily linked two build components to a single choice. Keeping with the theme of our combat updates for the expansion, we’re splitting those into two separate choices to give players more meaningful control.

Edit 2

Rune of the scholar prove your whole post I quote here is incorrect.

It is not a stat bonus or a special bonus it is both at the same time.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Scholar

+125 Ferocity; increase strike damage by 5% while your health is above 90%.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So then all runes at tier 6 have 1 bonus?

How do you explain all the ones that have 2 that dont depend on eachother like the movement speed and boon generation thats two separate bonuses like we have been trying to get through to you for several pages now.

If its like you say tier 1-5 in some cases should be able to have 2 then right?

like the mercy with Gain a 20% damage reduction while reviving an ally, why dont it have healing power aswell it would only count as 1 bonus according to you.

So how do you explain that?

Edit

And Anet did say it linked two on the 6th tier, so your wrong about that one aswell.

So if even Anet can admit that they are taking away something from the tier 6 runes why cant you?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/combat-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

The wild card sixth tier arbitrarily linked two build components to a single choice. Keeping with the theme of our combat updates for the expansion, we’re splitting those into two separate choices to give players more meaningful control.

Edit 2

Rune of the scholar prove your whole post I quote here is incorrect.

It is not a stat bonus or a special bonus it is both at the same time.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Scholar

+125 Ferocity; increase strike damage by 5% while your health is above 90%.

It is one special bonus, not two separate bonuses very simple to understand, they never said they are taking anything thing away, they are replacing the 6th bonus with another 6th bonus. It’s very clear in all their wording, just because you refuse to understand that doesn’t make you right… otherwise their wording would be something like “currently runes have 5 tier basic bonuses and a 6th tier additional bonus, or an additional bonus and a special bonus” but they never say that they say it’s either the additional bonus or a special bonus… 

just because you want something to be something else doesn’t make it so. Your failure to understand doesn’t make you right. 

it’s still 6/6 bonuses no matter how you cut it. 

also the thing about two linked build components is in reference to runes 5 tier bonuses being tied to the 6th tier bonus and that’s what they’re separating so players have more build diversity, they aren’t saying the 6th tier bonus has two things tied together, again basic reading comprehension will show you that

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

1 wildcard which could be a stat bonus or a special bonus never never say they have multiple bonuses in the 6 tier

Again how is rune of the scholar6th tier  a stat bonus or a special bonus?

The answer your looking for is it have both 1+1= 2 in most peoples minds.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Again how is rune of the scholar6th tier  a stat bonus or a special bonus?

The answer your looking for is it have both 1+1= 2 in most peoples minds.

It’s one special bonus as stated by Anet, again reading comprehension you either get an additional stat bonus or a special bonus for the 6th slot currently, and that’s Anet’s words. Since that 6th bonus has more than just stats it is one singular Special Bonus… smh it’s not that difficult 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/9/2023 at 11:39 PM, Linken.6345 said:

You still get 6 runes they have said what ever is in the 6th slot is going away and it will be replaced with stats corresponding to the earlier rune slots.

With the first release on August 22, the sixth tier of each rune set will instead complete the stat bonuses associated with that rune set, and the additional special effects or conditional bonuses will be removed entirely.

Yeah you still get 6 runes, but what about rune sets that only have 5 stats, with the 6th rune bonus going into relics.. what good is the 6th rune in that case?  I was using Chronomancer runes as an example as it is only 5 stats, with the 6th slot being the 2 seconds of quickness when you cast a well.  For that 6th bonus to work currently you would need all 6 runes.  Once relics are introduced, what is the purpose of rune sets like that still running 6 runes if the 6th one doesn't have that bonus anymore, but instead is moved into a relic.  So I ask again.. do I just use 5 runes and a relic to get the same effect??

Edited by Vegeta.2563
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

Yeah you still get 6 runes, but what about rune sets that only have 5 stats, with the 6th rune bonus going into relics.. what good is the 6th rune in that case?  I was using Chronomancer runes as an example as it is only 5 stats, with the 6th slot being the 2 seconds of quickness when you cast a well.  For that 6th bonus to work currently you would need all 6 runes.  Once relics are introduced, what is the purpose of rune sets like that still running 6 runes if the 6th one doesn't have that bonus anymore, but instead is moved into a relic.  So I ask again.. do I just use 5 runes and a relic to get the same effect??

They stated in that same blogpost the 6 tier rune will get stats in line with tier 1-5.

So the chronomancer rune would be either power, precision or a mix of both.

There will be 6 runes and a relic for a total of 7 now.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

It’s one special bonus as stated by Anet, again reading comprehension you either get an additional stat bonus or a special bonus for the 6th slot currently, and that’s Anet’s words. Since that 6th bonus has more than just stats it is one singular Special Bonus… smh it’s not that difficult 

I will concide the point if you can find a rune with a 6th bonus consisting of a straightforward stat bonus like the tier 1.

Since you have stated that a tier 6 rune can have a stat bonus or a special bonus.

Btw if a mate of yours borrows 25 bucks, borrows hammer and then leaves.

You then ask him later when he return the hammer, were are my 25 bucks I lent you.

If he then tell you but mate I already returned the hammer I borrowed so wer good yea?

That is ok in your mind aswell then.

Since clearly only 1 thing was borrowed in that example.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

They stated in that same blogpost the 6 tier rune will get stats in line with tier 1-5.

So the chronomancer rune would be either power, precision or a mix of both.

There will be 6 runes and a relic for a total of 7 now.

So I took that information like how some runes have stats on the 6th rune.. like Scholar has +125 ferocity, and that's what stat would remain on the 6th rune, while the 5% damage while above 90% health would go to the relic.  So that's why I was confused since some rune sets didn't particularly have a 6th stat, but had a bonus effect.

• Like 1

Just now, Vegeta.2563 said:

So I took that information like how some runes have stats on the 6th rune.. like Scholar has +125 ferocity, and that's what stat would remain on the 6th rune, while the 5% damage while above 90% health would go to the relic.  So that's why I was confused since some rune sets didn't particularly have a 6th stat, but had a bonus effect.

Nope everything on the tier 6 rune will vanish and they will replace it with stats in line with tier 1-5 we dont know if scholar will get 125 ferocity, 65,60 ferocity/power or 125 power.

We also dont know what will happen with runes 1-5 that dont give stats like the bleeding duration on tier 2,4 rune of the krait.

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I will concide the point if you can find a rune with a 6th bonus consisting of a straightforward stat bonus like the tier 1.

Since you have stated that a tier 6 rune can have a stat bonus or a special bonus.

Btw if a mate of yours borrows 25 bucks, borrows hammer and then leaves.

You then ask him later when he return the hammer, were are my 25 bucks I lent you.

If he then tell you but mate I already returned the hammer I borrowed so wer good yea?

That is ok in your mind aswell then.

Since clearly only 1 thing was borrowed in that example.

Your example is very flawed because those are two separate things being borrowed in your example to begin with. so it has zero relevance to Anet replacing 1 6th slot bonus with a different 6th slot bonus since it only a singular bonus being replaced by another singular bonus.

• Confused 4

5 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Your example is very flawed because those are two separate things being borrowed in your example to begin with. so it has zero relevance to Anet replacing 1 6th slot bonus with a different 6th slot bonus since it only a singular bonus being replaced by another singular bonus.

So is 125 ferocity and +5 strike damage when health is above 90% aswell.

Two separate things on the same tier of rune slot.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

If it had stayed like it was before it changed to two diffrent bonuses in 2018 you would have had a point.

+10% damage while health is above 90%

Again you either get and additional stat bonus or a special bonus for the 6th rune bonus per Anet. That is one singular special bonus. Your failure to understand that doesn’t make you right or make it more than 1 bonus.

• Confused 4

34 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Again you either get and additional stat bonus or a special bonus for the 6th rune bonus per Anet. That is one singular special bonus. Your failure to understand that doesn’t make you right or make it more than 1 bonus.

So show me 1 rune with just a single stat bonus on the 6th rune.

I mean if that is what Anet say there should be an example that have 125 to any stat then a . after.

Edited by Linken.6345

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I mean if that is what Anet say there should be an example that have 125 to any stat then a . after.

Rune of the scholar is 125 ferocity ( stat bonus) +5 strike damage when health is above 90% ( special bonus)

It is not rocket science.

6 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Superior Rune of the Renegade 6th Bonus gives only Condi Damage.. that is one singular stat and nothing else for a 6th rune bonus smh

1 minute ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Superior Rune of the Renegade 6th Bonus gives only Condi Damage.. that is one singular stat and nothing else for a 6th rune bonus smh

it gives a % increase so not a stat but a modifier come again, the 5th rune tier is how it should look.

7 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

it gives a % increase so not a stat but a modifier come again, the 5th rune tier is how it should look.

No it doesn’t have to look like the 5th rune you at for 1 singular stat.  You also have Rune of the Wurm wily I h only gives  the singular stat Ferocity and nothing else for the 6th bonus also Rune of Exuberance 6th bonus only gives singular stat Power and nothing else 

Edited by BlaqueFyre.5678

6 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

No it doesn’t have to look like the 5th rune you at for 1 singular stat.  You also have Rune of the Wurm wily I h only gives  the singular stat Ferocity and nothing else for the 6th bonus 

Yes it does that what Anet meant when they said tier 1-5 have straight forward stat increases.

Rune of the wurm 1-5 straight forward stat increases tier 6 a special bonus convert 1 stat into another.

So yea could you please show me a 6th tier rune that look like 1-5 on rune of the wurm please.

Edit

The blog post seem to have forgot that alot of runes in their tier 1-5 dont have straight forward stat increases tho like mercy and krait as an example.

But that is beside the point.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 1