Silly sword changes no one asked for [Merged]

Tazer.2157

1 hour ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

Maybe they should just make sword skills selectable like hammer is now outside of untamed, but make the skills selectable as a set and not for individual skills.

I don't think they can since they moved skill 2 to slot 3. You would have to flip both skills at the same time for that to work. 

Wether people like it or not they are stuck with new Sword. 

On 8/4/2023 at 3:03 PM, Zyreva.1078 said:

Sword is now objectively stronger in every single game mode and for every type of content.

If you don't like the stronger version for whatever reason, THAT is subjective.

No it is way way worse than it ever have been, little bit more damage but lost all that made it work. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

No it is way way worse than it ever have been, little bit more damage but lost all that made it work. 

A little but more damage.... More like doubled it's damage. The utility is even greater since you can chase people at much greater distances. 

8 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

A little but more damage.... More like doubled it's damage. The utility is even greater since you can chase people at much greater distances. 

No it is no way near 2x dps and the utility with those 2 short leaps are realy low( you had way more range before if you used aboutface(witch i did alot to chase in wvw) , it is a 100% usless weaapon in this form with no redeming qualeties.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

No it is no way near 2x dps and the utility with those 2 short leaps are realy low( you had way more range before if you used aboutface(witch i did alot to chase in wvw) , it is a 100% usless weaapon in this form with no redeming qualeties.

I mean other classes do great with leaps. Why is Willbenders so strong then....

Its also on the Snowcrows benchmarks now... It wasn't before this. 

9 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I mean other classes do great with leaps. Why is Willbenders so strong then....

Its also on the Snowcrows benchmarks now... It wasn't before this. 

So do ranger , and it always had leaps on sword before too, only they where superior ( not in damage but in all other ways )

Snowcrows aint that some pve build site ? i dont care about pve and have never done.

Edited by Sansar.1302
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

So do ranger , and it always had leaps on sword before too, only they where superior ( not in damage but in all other ways )

Snowcrows aint that some pve build site ? i dont care about pve and have never done.

Well at least we agree that the new leaps do more damage..... 

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well at least we agree that the new leaps do more damage..... 

Which would have been fine to me if Anet had simply upped the damage coefficient and left the animation.  If the goal was for more DPS, then they had no real reason to make the animation changes.  Those who enjoyed the game-play of the rotation would have been satisfied and those who wanted more utility/DPS from the weapon would have been satisfied.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Which would have been fine to me if Anet had simply upped the damage coefficient and left the animation.  If the goal was for more DPS, then they had no real reason to make the animation changes.  Those who enjoyed the game-play of the rotation would have been satisfied and those who wanted more utility/DPS from the weapon would have been satisfied.

Maybe I guess we will never know 

11 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

simply upped the damage coefficient and left the animation.  If the goal was for more DPS, then they had no real reason to make the animation changes.  Those who enjoyed the game-play of the rotation would have been satisfied and those who wanted more utility/DPS from the weapon would have been satisfied.

This, right here, would have been just fine.

If only the skills had remain the same, but with just a damage increase.

---

... and to the person who said that: "It's easier to chase someone in wvw"

First of, what makes you think you would defeat the other player?

That, straight off the bat is a very poor choice of an excuse.

Second. The other player may still have many ways to get away.

So you just wasted 2 skills for nothing, so what are you going to do next?

If the other player turns on you, they can still block, evade, dodge, blind you, stun you, stealth, and a vast number more things to either fight back or get away.

So what are you left with?

Sword skill 1 and what?

Torch, no cripple, no immobilise, unless you use Superior Rune of Ice.

Dagger?

2 cripples, but they can still condi cleanse, use super speed, stealth, etc... etc... and again; what makes you think two leaps is going to bring you any advantage over?

A new player using core specs?

Two skills do exactly the same but with slight different animations.

Come on; surely you cannot be that unreasonable? 

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

This, right here, would have been just fine.

If only the skills had remain the same, but with just a damage increase.

---

... and to the person who said that: "It's easier to chase someone in wvw"

First of, what makes you think you would defeat the other player?

That, straight off the bat is a very poor choice of an excuse.

Second. The other player may still have many ways to get away.

So you just wasted 2 skills for nothing, so what are you going to do next?

If the other player turns on you, they can still block, evade, dodge, blind you, stun you, stealth, and a vast number more things to either fight back or get away.

So what are you left with?

Sword skill 1 and what?

Torch, no cripple, no immobilise, unless you use Superior Rune of Ice.

Dagger?

2 cripples, but they can still condi cleanse, use super speed, stealth, etc... etc... and again; what makes you think two leaps is going to bring you any advantage over?

A new player using core specs?

Two skills do exactly the same but with slight different animations.

Come on; surely you cannot be that unreasonable? 

You do know that Soulbeast has a one shot build at the moment that uses Sword. They either open with Sword leaps or Greatsword leap. Then proceeded to instantly kill people, wasting the skills means nothing if your entire strategy is to one shot then run away. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

You do know that Soulbeast has a one shot build at the moment that uses Sword. They either open with Sword leaps or Greatsword leap. Then proceeded to instantly kill people, wasting the skills means nothing if your entire strategy is to one shot then run away. 

That is a meme build that no one should die too

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/27/2023 at 12:43 PM, Tazer.2157 said:

Righhhtt, so in the middle of a boss fight, I now need to press the escape button to stop targeting the boss, then press the about-face button and then leap out. Is this what you are honestly suggesting? Also earlier, you could leap back and leap forward.  So in a boss fight, you could escape the circle and then reengage. That is just not possible with the new sword. This change is just horrible. I have no idea why it was done or what has been gained from it. It just makes the sword worse to play with and it removes the versatility from the weapon. 

Lol what? Why are you acting like pressing two buttons is an impossible task?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1