Where is PvP content?

As far as I remember PvP and WvW updates are never part of expansions (unless you count elite specs), they're seperate base game updates. I think Anet want those game modes to be fully accessible to everyone, rather than parts being locked away because you haven't bought the right expansion.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

As far as I remember PvP and WvW updates are never part of expansions (unless you count elite specs), they're seperate base game updates. I think Anet want those game modes to be fully accessible to everyone, rather than parts being locked away because you haven't bought the right expansion.

Nothing has been done since HoT with these game modes, be it sPvP or WvW. No new maps or gameplay updates.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Unfortunately, we are a small community versus our PvE counterpart. I hope we would receive more love. But it seems ANET doesnt care for us. Amazing after spending soo much time and money into this game. With this 'New Direction" might aswell just jump ship. This is the same no love for PvP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Until PVP players start spending money on the gem store, we're not getting devs allocated to this mode.  I'm doing my part.  So bored I bought my first weapon skin with gems I've had for over 3 years.  Devs rewarded me by making my herald immortal 

• Haha 6

Read again ....

Spoiler

(for now its  maintaining all classes to do 40 k dps in PvE (like Thieves stuff could only do 38k by auto attacking  ... and they where forced to cancel the last auto attack to reach 40k...now its fixed) and effecting the survibility-defensive spells for the WvW-PvP-PvE (not allowing to  solo bosses that werent meant)

We have to wait for WvW first

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 1

WvW and PvP aren't a selling point anymore in their minds compared to their Living story/ world stuff, like during the first couple of years after the game released in 2012. HoT got a new PvP game mode and WvW got a new map, that was 8 years ago..

Both for the most part failed, cause they planned to replace the Alpine maps, only to bring those maps back into the rotation. Stronghold hasn't gotten any updates since either and has been removed completely from ranked.

The new features for the two competitive are the Elite specs and subsequent balance patches, that can go on for years, as they attempt to 'balance' those specs to try to level the playing field.

WvW gets updates to rewards, because they were lacking compared to other game modes, so they will be continually worked on besides Alliances, which was dropped in 2017 or 18, until the project got brought back only recently.

Edited by CrimsonOneThree.5682
  • Sad 1