New expansion and gems

From my previous experience purchasing the ultimate edition of a newly announced expansion, it was almost immediately I received the gems.  I just purchased the ultimate edition of the new expansion, and have not received the gems yet.  From what ANet has said in the past, it might take up to 72 Hours to receive gems.

Update:  It took about an hour for the gems to be credited to my account.

Edited by staringcenter.5013
Addeding a time frame of how long it took to get gems.

From when I pre-ordered EoD I remember that you get them directly. Of course the usual (for the gems from ultimate edition, I think it is mentioned there somewhere) wait period where it might take up to 72 hours after activating the preorder key.

If you don't get them after 72 hours - contact support. Side note: August if I remember correctly ... there usually are big sales. (Though I don't know how they fit this with their new sales model - trying to have stuff longer on sale not each day somethign different.) So ... if you plan to get stuff with gems anyways it would be a good option to take that edition and get it now already. (For preorder bonus + the discounted gems. Though I usually see it more as 4k gems for the normal price at 50. Other 25 for the normal expansion. And the deluxe stuff for free then. 😄 That) is the one I care about the least.