ANet please, PLEASE Revert the [Daring Dragon] Change and put Alacrity on [Immortal Dragon], or just Spellbreaker instead.

PseudoOAlias.4279

On 9/8/2023 at 6:22 PM, TiedHam.4923 said:

Guessing the balance patch' will be towards the end of Oct. Which gives me 1 more month of Goats to Sacrifice to maybe have this playstyle back. Cal, if you're listening, you too can stop this goat murder.

Try a goat made of Ethereum for this next one. It might get to any Digital Gods listening faster.

Edited by UpsHigh.5724

Re-Post But worth the Read:

New [Heightened Focus] which reads: " Heightened Focus: This trait will now also recharge all burst skills when it activates. Reduced the cooldown from 15 seconds to 12 seconds. " if we assume it activates as-is on any hit on a sub-50% foe and still has a 12s icd with no visual indicator on either you or the opponent's side that this is up: This is going to be an absolute kitten-awful nightmare for everyone involved.

ANet look. I'm guessing that you're trying to take the "reset burst skill on-X" that people liked from old Daring Dragon and give it to other Warrior stuff. But c'mon. The problem with Heightened Focus right now, isn't really that it gives quickness. (Because Quickness is GOOD.) It's that the trait basically auto-procs when you don't want it to. With NewHF as it's worded or was explained this does nothing to solve the problem.

People Enjoyed Daring Dragon Because: IT WAS FUN. And forced you to get the "damage" in your power budget from your gear or other traits while giving you a unique controllable playstyle. It ruled. This is not that. This is just more of the same problem.

Suggestions: If you keep it on Discipline, please for the love of God, don't make it on-hit or on burst-hit. This is far to uncontrollable. PLEASE Either: Put it on-weapon Swap but make the 2nd hit hamstring your damage on that hit OR move it to Dual Wielding on Arms and have it reset your burst skill like 10 times in a row on elite use. (Or a reasonable amount.)

This otherwise makes 0 sense and solves nothing.

Edited by UpsHigh.5724
  • Like 3

Bumping this thread because it's ever more apparent that no one on ANet's balance team has any passion for Warrior.

Please bring back the fun Daring Dragon slash-reset but with less damage functionality. Or just let elite skills reset your Burst or DTs for 10s. Making Heightened Focus randomly reset burst skills on-sub 50% opponents, on any kind of icd (be it 12, 15 or 100 seconds) as described in my post here IS NOT THE SAME THING.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ANet, can we have our cool trait back yet? It's been almost half a year.

Dagger mirage/virt currently do infinity piercing condition bursts that also debuff you with -50% healing thanks to [Relic of The Demon Queen].

Gunsaber skills still haven't been fixed. 2 & 3 constantly wiff, fly to space, or hit but don't do damage.

[Lush Forest] doesn't even work with GS 3 in PvP or WvW because it's not at "max stacks."

Dragon Trigger 2 & 3 still constantly just fail to move you or hit on flat ground.

Bladesworn has no reliable satability, not to mention even room for a 2nd stunbreak, that it can take in it's kit. And any that it can apply is currently insta-ripped by Untamed / Virt / Thief Boon rip skills + traits while they perma cc/condi you to death.

Old [Daring Dragon] was literally the only thing that gave Bladesworn any flavor, mobility, or utility. Now Bladesworn is possibly the worst any class has ever been in any game mode. Forcing us to take 2 overpowered traits [Unshakable Mountain] + [Unyielding Dragon] is not clever class balance' it's bad game design and just forcing people to play how you want them to play. Dumpster these and use the power budget vacuum to actually finish the specialization.

• Like 4

Yep still i would prefer them to complete rework this kitten spec so it does not feel like a whole Meme xD. Idk maybe make it so gunsaber is just the Elite bundle while gain us other weaponbundles just as engi does Work or something like that.... Just everything would be better than this "i need to root myself to do what others could allready do for free but with slightly Higher DMG" Skill.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@Myror.7521

Yup I would too. But with the amount of Development preference that Ele and Ranger are getting rn from the weapon previews (entirely unique effects for just their weapons alone) that's never going to happen. Bladesworn sill has 3 pages of replicable bugs that they can't even be bothered to fix. Gamebreaking ones too. Let alone give it anything fun or functional. Those in power will abuse it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 7:11 PM, GigityCat.7529 said:

I only started playing with EoD and had just convinced a couple of my friends to come try the game BECAUSE of Bladesworn and this playstyle.

We don't raid or anything, but it was pretty fun being Gun Samurai in open world & the WvW mode.

I literally can't convince them to log on now since the patch, and will likely refund my pre-purchase of SoTO because of this.

Well you and your friends can now take solace in the fact that now Bladesworn feels awful to play EVERYWHERE not just PvP&WvW. With the most recent patch the class is now an unplayable dogkitten mess of non-interacting Systems and Different Designers pulling on PvP for it to "work" in PvE and now PvE for people to "hopefully use a different slash than just 2 in PvP" that it's completely unplayable everywhere.

Congrats ANet. You did it. Your title-selling-card for End of Dragons is the worst specialization in the game by far.

• Like 3

I just recently picked up Bladesworn and learned about the changes to Daring Dragon and Unyielding Dragon in competitive modes. I believe to make sure it's viable in competitive modes, the changes to Unyielding Dragon should be reverted. Plus, to maintain the unique playstyle of this spec I strongly believe Daring Dragon should be reverted to the state before and Alacrity would make so much sense to be put in Immortal Dragon. I know Anet can and will read this and hopefully, they can make Warrior an enjoyable spec again.

On 12/18/2023 at 10:54 AM, Kairos.1458 said:

I just recently picked up Bladesworn and learned about the changes to Daring Dragon and Unyielding Dragon in competitive modes. I believe to make sure it's viable in competitive modes, the changes to Unyielding Dragon should be reverted. Plus, to maintain the unique playstyle of this spec I strongly believe Daring Dragon should be reverted to the state before and Alacrity would make so much sense to be put in Immortal Dragon. I know Anet can and will read this and hopefully, they can make Warrior an enjoyable spec again.

You're new here aren't ya? lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

New Year so, Logging in to plug this:

1,000% New' Bladesworn is even unplayable-er than launch. For a game billed around "freedom of movement" a class that has to stand in 1 place, whether it's 5 seconds, 2.5 or enen .1 is never going to be fun. Let alone the sorry, bugg-ridden state Bladesworn is in now. For what it's worth: I bought GW2 because of EoD I left because of Soto bladesworn changes.

Please start with reverting these changes or tbh just make Dragon Slash an elite &/or rework the class entirely.

• 4 weeks later...

Anet is a joke when balancing warrior which makes me think ir they don't know warrior or they don't care warrior or worse they despise warrior.

I hope is the first cause it can be fixed by hiring a vet warrior main and they could help... but if is the latter.... well i may bring my money elsewhere.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

So... This ^ !? ... Please ... !?!?

It "solves" the issue of not being able to run Staff + Warhorn. AND Gives Bladesworn back an actual cool Grandmaster that was already in the game. Even if you buff / nerf the numbers to make it to where you want it in WvW / PvP there's no denying that people clearly miss is.

Then maybe we can even talk about why DT3 didn't get it's projectile pathing fixed, or Bladesworn design / balance in general. Without having the lagging specter of "needing a whole grandmaster to provide alacrity." It even fits with the Warrior Theme of "offensive support" that Supports their allies in Unique Ways. (i.e By a Spellbreaker Cutting' Through the Boons of their Group's Enemies.)

• Confused 1