ANet please, PLEASE Revert the [Daring Dragon] Change and put Alacrity on [Immortal Dragon], or just Spellbreaker instead.

PseudoOAlias.4279

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 2:32 AM, DownDrisis.4826 said:

Still pulling that the non-updated tooltip is some kind of omen that we'll get a reshuffling' of traits to allow old DD back on SotO release.

I'd really like my multislash Bladesworn back. I seriously haven't been having as much fun with anything else since. 😕

So am I. If Ranger is getting new ambushes, pets, and soulbeast skills (translated from the German news post.) Warrior should at least get this back. ... And also, you know, probably actually get fixed at some point.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 7:11 PM, GigityCat.7529 said:

I genuinely hope ANet stops being afraid to admit when they're wrong and revert changes like this that don't make any sense, anyone happy, and that no one asked for. I only started playing with EoD and had just convinced a couple of my friends to come try the game BECAUSE of Bladesworn and this playstyle.

We don't raid or anything, but it was pretty fun being Gun Samurai in open world & the WvW mode.

I literally can't convince them to log on now since the patch, and will likely refund my pre-purchase of SoTO because of this.

The new spammy' Bladesworn is even more spammy' and aweful. Except now it's not fun & there's a MILLION different, better ways they could have done Warrior alacrity.

any comment on the above? @Josh Davis.7865. Not a single player asked for this to be changed. 

• Confused 1

On 7/20/2023 at 11:00 PM, GigityCat.7529 said:

@FShoppe.6572

I think yall' being too harsh. My money's on that the "A team" is working on the new weapons/Relics and I do really think that the "B team" did this patch and that "B team" wasn't really experienced on what was actually fun like you said, on all classes.

The 600 alacrity radius was good cause DT users can't move. But clearly not Warrior and hopefully they listen/realize their mistake and add the fun back like you said. I've been trying some more PvP now and it's kind of annoying that the only relevant trait Bladesworn has is [Unshakable Mountain] tho. A trait that triggers off the last charge' of ammunition. Which is a competitive playstyle (sitting at the last charge and spamming) that ArenaNet already said that they don't want to reinforce. So 404...

why is the a team doing the b teams job? have the relics are dog water. 

from a pvp/wvw perspective you will only see antitoxin.

• Confused 1

On 7/20/2023 at 1:44 AM, FirePowerr.1820 said:

kitten, for a minute there the old tooltip gave me hope that they actually listened / cared. Reminds me of my favorite April Fool's joke at 14:21: 

Ahh good times. 😃

@Cal Cohen.2358 is that not you at 14 mins saying you want classes to be " fun and fluid".

I swear that's you brother.

• Confused 1

On 8/27/2023 at 3:15 AM, toorichforyou.6743 said:

Leave it to anet to rework a skill that no one asked to be reworked lmao.

@toorichforyou.6743

First off: this was a Trait not a Skill.

2nd: While I (and clearly others) would like to see this playstyle return in some capacity -- Ideally, At this point, Just put the "If X Flow Re-Enter DT" on [Immortal Dragon]. Since [DD] is working fine for PvE, spamming this thread with obnoxious comments is going to do nothing but add to the pile of sh*t that was the original peanut gallery of idiots who didn't understand how to use it thought it was bad.

It's "The Man Covered In Sh*t Problem." : If might be making a coherent argument and making valid points, actually convincing someone of an alternate viewpoint to consider your side. & Then a "Man Covered In Sh*t" walks up, points at you, & goes "I agree with this guy!" it completely invalidates ANY argument or points you were trying to make. I'm upset too. But don't be that guy. Unless you're deliberately trolling. In which case I guess you're getting meaning out of life somehow.

ANet this XPac sucked for Warrior & extramega sucked for competitive Bladesworn imo. Especially with the removal of this functionality. Please consider adding it back with the coming Balance Patch. ❤️

Edited by SkyRight.2370
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, SkyRight.2370 said:

It's "The Man Covered In Sh*t Problem." : If might be making a coherent argument and making valid points, actually convincing someone of an alternate viewpoint to consider your side. & Then a "Man Covered In Sh*t" walks up, points at you, & goes "I agree with this guy!" it completely invalidates ANY argument or points you were trying to make. I'm upset too. But don't be that guy. Unless you're deliberately trolling. In which case I guess you're getting meaning out of life somehow.

Exactly this.

Putting the repeat slash on ID is a great idea. Especially since this also solves the other problem of the low competitive damage scaling: Where you'd then have to build for either might gen or flow to either do damage with it or be able to sit in DT for more than 1-2 fully charged slashes.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with this post wholeheartedly.

I hadn't played in a long time, and being useful as an adps using my BSw was a nice treat, but I too was super disappointed seeing the old (very fun/unique) Daring Dragon go [meanwhile the always useless/never used Immortal Dragon still remains useless and unsupportive other than... a tank? I never see a PvE group ask for a 'tank' in the last what 10 years lol).

If they were hellbent on making Daring Dragon give Alac, make it like... 3s per hit, so by building for big chains, high flow gain, etc., you get a big alac reward as well that can group share other buffs as well [like might/stability in the tactics chain] ... this ways it's fun, rewarding to play well and still makes a solid support adps build viable--we all win.

Just to say it as well Immortal Dragon clearly is a heal/support quirk and should be buffed (perhaps with quickness or alac) as such...but having alac on Lush Forest makes mores sense as was suggested as it...already does it? just let it share.

Completely off-topic, but speaking of "Tanks" (and PvE) ANet really needs to put a mechanic where when taunting raid/strike bosses, etc. will increase the probability of being targeted by trademark abilities making them useful in being a predictable source on where/when AOEs and such are going to drop and focusing their play on avoiding it (instead of group blindsiding by the one half-asleep DPS who wipes the party lol ... usually me) ... then maybe Immortal Dragon and other Warrior tanking abilities might have a purpose instead of taking up a skill choice and making people read occasionally

• Like 4

In order to have daring dragon back they would need to fix it's interaction with cleaning ire/adrenal health entirely. Was fun obv because bsw kit is kind of boring same playstyle on every build etc. Bladesworn entirely needs damage shift and reworked kit entirely. Bladesworn is just a class that needs to be awful to not become broken.

10 hours ago, Aaron.1294 said:

In order to have daring dragon back they would need to fix it's interaction with cleaning ire/adrenal health entirely. Was fun obv because bsw kit is kind of boring same playstyle on every build etc. Bladesworn entirely needs damage shift and reworked kit entirely. Bladesworn is just a class that needs to be awful to not become broken.

@Aaron.1294

Respectfully, I mostly disagree. The repeated-slash play style was so incredibly unique and only provided a max of 2 stacks of adrenal health / slash anyway.

And while the autotrading of DTs certainly makes this easier in some scenarios. You'd be astonished how the jank of this Bls can make you miss or let people just juke out of your hits. Hell, you can still jump DT 1 & 2 if you know when to.

In a vacuum I would, however that CI needs to be knocked down from 2 to 1 cleanse on Bls. But having played this build both before and after they buffed CI to 2 condis, I can say, at least in Gold / Plat you get COVERED in condis. Especially right now with Relic of Akeem running rampant. And if it was an issue they could just slap a 1s icd on Cleansing ire and call it a day, as I don't see many people running [Decapitate] reset builds and that trait conflict being a problem.

And as far as damage goes: Any variant of this build only does any if you manage to hit with 1-2 DTs to stack vuln. Which is entirely the point, basically makes Bladesworn have an inverse playstyle from normal', and is really fun.

---------

I guess that's a lot of words to say: Imo, at least, it wasn't insanely OP as even when it gave basically Perma stab via OG post-EoD Dragonscale Defense resetting, as well as back when the flow cost was either bugged?? or imaginary, no one played it. There were also plenty of counters to the build in the iteration shown in the top of this thread. Predominantly heavy cc which also counters current Bladesworn. What it was, was FUN and I have yet to find anything of equivalent gameplay since. I'm really hoping they bring it back.

@GoldSilva.8950the thing is the repeatable slash thing espec on a skill as stationary as dragon trigger makes it similar to many other multiple hitting skills, just having to press more buttons doesn't mean a lot. IF they made dt more like stance swap where you can freely move, attack etc. Sure. Without it it's either broken with ah and unhealthy what would lead to another defense nerfs or irrelevant as it was before. It just take waay too long to use it for any significant potential.

• Like 1

@Aaron.1294

When you phrase it like that I think I understand a little bit more where you're coming from.

I suppose the advantages of it not just being a multi-hit skill are That you get to choose when exactly to attack (making it more of a game of rock-paper-scissors,) and also that the 2 moves you and the 3 is unlockable (add vuln but basically does 0 damage.) So, imo and in my experience, DT becomes a more versitile "super mode" with old [Daring Dragon]. One that has the potential and more versatility than the big charge/might/unlockable slash, even if the latter usually ultimately would hit harder.

I get what you're saying about Defense. Altho Berserkers too can basically trigger both AH and CI off cd right now. With the 15s lag-time to recharge Berserk mode. (They can still use regular bursts here, including longbow that they don't even have to hit with so it's actually less.) But I do see where you're coming from.

Imo. It was never good. But it was fun & that's what I keep harping on and that's why I don't understand (I do - but there's no reason to keep it gone. Especially with ID just sitting there) why it exploded. I think the peace now that could probably be reached is: (that probably no one will like, but here we are) is to have repeated slash [Daring Dragon] or if/whatever is going to take it's place at this point, increase the flow cost to enter Dragon Trigger in the first place OR increase the DT cooldown to 10 or 12 seconds. Maybe then they could add some damage back onto it as well. Like having each successive slash that you hit with add (.05 of a power > damage) modifier to it, or maybe even apply Bleeding so Bls finally has a condi variant, or something. ^^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

Yeah im 100% warr Main and still i hate Bladesworn. Even from a PvP Point. Its just onetrick pony spec. Personaly i would Love a complete rework to this spec. Make it something like holosmith a boundle of Weapons as weapon skills something like that^^

Armaments should have been advanced kits with Gunsaber as the elite. The Dragon Trigger bar should have been on F1-F5 where you tap Dragon Slash to enter the pose and tap again to execute the attack, or even better just execute the attack and consume the flow that built up without having to have a double resource charge 😕.

• Like 2

@Lan Deathrider.5910

Not that this is really a class-design discussion thread, but: I've always liked the idea of Kit Warrior. Altho idk how tf they'd balance that other than by making the kits balls (which Gunsaber is rn - except the 4 skill.) Not here to tear your ideas down tho. If GS was the elite that'd give some "tradeoff" room to add weapon swaps back. Altho GS CD would probably have to reflect this -- Which they can't even do rn because if you have alacrity Gunsaber F1 Swap still doesn't even line up with your Weapon Swap CD.

I'll agree tho: The double-resource consume, especially on a class that can't get "in combat" half the time, is idiotic especially from a PvP and doubly-so from a WvW standpoint. And trippy-so because it locks you in-place. And if anyone's gonna say "Well it's a PvE class." That's idiotic too -- And Cal has said as much when they started to ReWork (fix) Berserker and Spellbreaker.

Regardless old [DD] aka. [Dragonslash Reset] needs to come back in some form. Currently, even in PvE, all the Bladesworn Grandmasters basically do the same thing / play the same. Which is, again, idiotic imo. Old DD was at least flavor, and could be made good / relevant if you were clever or in-the know. Bring it back please, and then ideally also do something with [Immortal Dragon] as well. Maybe a multi-hitting condi variant that loads MORE bullets but INCREASES the cooldown of Dragon Trigger.

Also since we're on the Hot-Take Train: Please make staff a thrown, mid-range weapon, even if it's support. Or just fake us out' and give Warrior a thrown paragon spear. The last thing Warrior needs is another 2H melee weapon. Especially in a world where Bladesworn exists and can only equip 1 weapon set.'

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can we just get the repeated-slash functionality put on [Immortal Dragon] at this point? (Probably just with reduced healing-on-slash down to maybe 2-3%)

1. Preserves the work they did on the PvE [Daring Dragon] trait.

2. We get our fun trait back.

3. Gives [Immortal Dragon] an actual reason to exist. AND They don't have to re-balance the re-entering Dragon Trigger triggers [Trigger Guard] thing anymore, because the trait just gives Protection when charging DT which will last for longer but do less damage so it's not COMPLETELY REDUNDANT anymore.

3. Profit. Literally everyone wins.

• Like 2