ANet please, PLEASE Revert the [Daring Dragon] Change and put Alacrity on [Immortal Dragon], or just Spellbreaker instead.

PseudoOAlias.4279

On 6/28/2023 at 2:58 AM, Myror.7521 said:

But also If u use this instead of the 10% dmg modifire of fierce and fire. So you would only just need to maybe buff fierce and fire nerf the dmg of Dragon burst skills and yep you would have a balanced way to use alacrity instead of just more dps ^^

@Myror.7521

I like how u added this without adding an edit note. Imo, I think the -10% DPS you'd sacrifice if you could take Alac LF + UD if that's what you mean, might be enough to balance out the DPS.

I don't disagree with your core point tho tho. Old DD absolutely rocked! & there are soooo many better ways that they can do group Alacrity imo. (See above ^.)

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 6:47 PM, FirePowerr.1820 said:

I am SO tired of having pieced of my Warrior Specialization's PvP kit cannibalized so that it can "work" in quite an unintended way in PvE.

Did you learn nothing from Berserker 4 years ago!?!? Almost all of those "duration" changes were hated and universally split or reverted since. ANet PLEASE give me back my cool high-fantasy multistrike Bladesworn and while your at it please restore the distance & 1/4s of an evade frame you took from [Dragonspike Mine] so that you could refresh your slash in PvE by rolling off the edge of a raid encounter.

& While you're at it please give me a reason to actually push Gunsaber 2. Thanks.

Anet, like anything else in the software field, rotates developers like it rotates its laundry. These are NOT the same people!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Anet, like anything else in the software field, rotates developers like it rotates its laundry. These are NOT the same people!

@JTGuevara.9018

You're right & that's good! These new ones seem to know that Berserker exists and how unnecessary the changes/tradeoffs it had were.

They, however, seem to just have just applied the same methodology to Bladesworn... That was kinda my point. There's no point & better compromises. From pulling Berserker back from the brink they should know this. Entire gameplay styles do not need to be deleted when better alternatives exist 2 trait spots up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/28/2023 at 7:05 PM, PseudoOAlias.4279 said:

To the above ^ it also wouldn't have relied on the problems that Warrior/Bladesworn has always had of:

a) actually being in combat

I agree with pretty much every/any suggestions for alternate society here. Would have been WAY more fun. To this point as well ^: How the hell, after 10+ years is there not a single sigil that would say: Give you a couple stacks of vuln, but also do something good, like heal you extra or whatever.

If you didn't want to give yourself vuln, you could just like, not use the sigil. It would help War gameplay immensely. Idk any other class that suffers from "Am I in combat yet? Still no huh?" syndrome, except maybe Rev. And they can just swap their legends to get any energy they blow from initiating skills back regardless.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, CrashCrusFGH.8904 said:

How the hell, after 10+ years is there not a single sigil that would say: Give you a couple stacks of vuln, but also do something good, like heal you extra or whatever.

If you didn't want to give yourself vuln, you could just like, not use the sigil. It would help War gameplay immensely.

Also This.

• Like 4

@FirePowerr.1820

Or, how about this: A signet. Probably fury sig, since I can't think of a single situation where you'd want to generate full, or near-full adrenaline/flow and not be in combat/do it to use your burst skill. But it could have a greater + effect then too. Maybe longer duration on the +prec&+ferocity bonus. Or something more creative.

• Like 1

You know considering how Spellbreaker's whole gimmick is about "calculated" attacks and precise striking, I think it would make more sense for it to have access to Alacrity instead of Bladesworn, who I think should have access to Quickness and not Berserker who should be about firepower and has access to stuff like Resistance/Resolution/Protection and anything that makes it really hard to kill.

• Like 2

@NeverLoseGuy.3894

I'm unsure on this because quickness is kind of more important for Berserker play and sort of smacks of "frenzy" to me. None of Bladesworn's actual attacks are fast. Especially not Gunsaber ones. (I'm not saying they shouldn't be, they're kind of all butt except the 4 rn.) I'm just saying in the current iteration they're not. So quickness makes more sense on Berserker to me + it's nice they FINALLY have an option for generating some might + fury in WvW+PvP since it doesn't give quick there anyway... Altho the trait having a CD at all is idiotic imo. What are people going to do? Use Bloodreconing for 8 more might!? OH NO THERE GOES BALANCE!

But that's just my opinion. Regardless [HtS] being a major trait is a MUCH better place for "Ancillary Support Boon X" than sacrificing a Grandmaster to literally only do that. Old [Daring Dragon] was fun & as people have said, there are better implementations for Warrior Alacrity. Please bring it back.

• Like 4

Weird that the increased bullet scaling damage seems to have disappeared once again in no notes... But just gonna add that I do appreciate the 600 radius because you can't move in DT. Regardless of if this was intentional.

If it is moved or changed I'd appreciate if it retains a huge radius, but other classes might appreciate slightly increased radiuses as Mukluk has said.

But yeah, I maintain everything else that I wrote in my original post & there was 0 reason for this sacrifice. Hopefully old DD comes back in it's previous or even a juiced up form.

Edited by GoldSilva.8950
  • Like 3

Boon application and duration should be applied to all support. Stacking isn't fun 24/7 365, and being able to pump alac reliably from a distance with the new DD is nice. The rework of taking multiple DTs away is pain. Why can't DD operate the same but just add alac per bullet charge?

@Batalix.2873

They already said they don't want to tie it to utility slots anymore. Honestly I'd favor just like a Tactics (Supposedly the Support' Trait Line) trait that says "Apply ancillary support boon on class mechanic" I'd def be down with. If Grandmasters are supposed to "Deifine a Specialization's P.laystyle" as they've said a million, billion times I honestly really would favor a system like this where we only have to sacrifice' 1 trait slot to this madness instead of an important one one each relevant Specialization.

But that's getting more into the Balance Weeds here & tbh I just want Daring Dragon back. 😭🙏

Also, side-note, tried out Mesmer for the first time & like... What? the gameplay is SO MUCH more fluid than ANYTHING on Warrior. War legit feels like it hasn't been updated since this game came out. Can we get some of that polish on like all of Warrior's kit pls!?!? K thx bye. ❤️ ❤️

Edited by SkyRight.2370
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SkyRight.2370 said:

@Batalix.2873

They already said they don't want to tie it to utility slots anymore. Honestly I'd favor just like a Tactics (Supposedly the Support' Trait Line) trait that says "Apply ancillary support boon on class mechanic" I'd def be down with. If Grandmasters are supposed to "Deifine a Specialization's P.laystyle" as they've said a million, billion times I honestly really would favor a system like this where we only have to sacrifice' 1 trait slot to this madness instead of an important one one each relevant Specialization.

But that's getting more into the Balance Weeds here & tbh I just want Daring Dragon back. 😭🙏

Also, side-note, tried out Mesmer for the first time & like... What? the gameplay is SO MUCH more fluid than ANYTHING on Warrior. War legit feels like it hasn't been updated since this game came out. Can we get some of that polish on like all of Warrior's kit pls!?!? K thx bye. ❤️ ❤️

What if it weren't tied to utility slots?

What if banners were kits again with actually fun abilities and then could trait for alac or quickness?

Would be a way to add spears to the game without adding spears to the game.

• Like 1

GIVE BACK THE DARING DRAGON!..I AM SO DISAPPOINTED TO KNOW THAT THE OLD DARING DRAGON IS CHANGED TO THIS!.. now everything is completely bs for Bladesworn..i've been searching for a build that can 1v1 and fun to play against other OVERPOWERED class for bladesworn.. and none!...NONE!...just when i found it the developement team already removed it?...i love playing bladesworn...please change it back!..or else..

Edited by Hirozen.6129
  • Like 2

Re: @Batalix.2873

Kits with longer CD's I actually really like the idea of. That'd actually be pretty interesting, considering even if you didn't put "the banner quickness trait" or "banner alacrity trait" on the core kit somewhere, and instead stuck 2 in like majors somewhere on the Elite specs, it'd give them some flavor at least in PvE. And you could definitely just make 1 "Banner" a Spear, or true "Scythe" or "Great Axe" or even a fking "Hand-Cannon" or whatever to give them actual character. It would also give them some actual use and not consign them, again, to Utility Hell' where they currently reside again. AND Even probably prevent them from having to update any of the weapons for another 5 years at least! (All of our Weapons are sad. Please send help...)

GOD There's SO MUCH they could do with Warrior.

Like: Tell me you want to be a Weaponsmaster again without telling me you want to be a Weaponsmaster!

3 minutes ago, SkyRight.2370 said:

Re: @Batalix.2873

Kits with longer CD's I actually really like the idea of. That'd actually be pretty interesting, considering even if you didn't put "the banner quickness trait" or "banner alacrity trait" on the core kit somewhere, and instead stuck 2 in like majors somewhere on the Elite specs, it'd give them some flavor at least in PvE. And you could definitely just make 1 "Banner" a Spear, or true "Scythe" or "Great Axe" or even a fking "Hand-Cannon" or whatever to give them actual character. It would also give them some actual use and not consign them, again, to Utility Hell' where they currently reside again. AND Even probably prevent them from having to update any of the weapons for another 5 years at least! (All of our Weapons are sad. Please send help...)

GOD There's SO MUCH they could do with Warrior.

Like: Tell me you want to be a Weaponsmaster again without telling me you want to be a Weaponsmaster!

There really is. I for one am really sad banners don't really have a purpose or niche anymore. Yes they were really oppressive design back when classes were more specialized, but that paradigm doesn't exist anymore. And imo they are a really flavorful dimension of Warrior that really captures "support" well, probably one of the more brilliant slot skills types in the game, at least on paper.

I would LOVE to have the option to play banner-support warrior now that the game could support that without making bannerslave mandatory. But it seems that fantasy is across the board getting erased as fewer and fewer especs are even allowed to be pure support.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 4:29 AM, Hirozen.6129 said:

...please change it back!..or else..

I know this is a joke, but people are incredibly stupid myself for even pointing this out, but I don't think that this is the tone that I'd like to see here. Not that I can talk really. But especially considering all the galactic-class idiots who literally called NC soft to complain about the first quickness banner patch. I'd hope that the Devs can start listening to feedback before it gets to that point in any world. I get that people are frustrated, especially at that lack of Warrior updates. (i.e. Still having traits for Underwater Weapons, a Down-State Trait, etc.) But I'd like to hope that the objectively better communication by the Balance Devs around-and-post EoD can be met by the community with good feedback that they won't hate reading.

That being said: Yes old [Daring Dragon] absolutely ROCKED and was literally the most fun I have ever had in this game. Please follow any of the above proposed better solutions ^ and change it back. Thx <3

On 7/10/2023 at 3:32 PM, SkyRight.2370 said:

...it'd give them some flavor at least in PvE. And you could definitely just make 1 "Banner" a Spear, or true "Scythe" or "Great Axe" or even a fking "Hand-Cannon" or whatever to give them actual character. It would also give them some actual use and not consign them, again, to Utility Hell' where they currently reside again...

Bruh this'd be SO sick. I love this.

I'm going to be honest though, Daring Dragon was weak...and when I first tried it, I found it to be rather janky because you can't just pull DT after DT instantly and there was a cooldown for a second before you can do that. The lack of damage and CC from Unyielding Dragon didn't help either. What it needed was some buffs to make it viable, not a full rework.

You want a rework, do it on Immortal Dragon, I find *zero* players using that.