June 27 Balance Follow-Ups

Cal Cohen.2358

Hi Anet, 

As we all know, Bad Design can not be Band-aid Fixed. So I have an update of showcasing just that. As I had said many times and History has proven that, "A House Build On A Broken-Cracked Foundation Will Eventually Collapse" 

Once again, I want to remind you of these Bad Design-Broken Professions; Thief Profession, Mesmer Profession, Elementalist Profession, Revenant Profession, Guardian Profession-Willbender and Warrior Profession. 

No amount of "nerfs" will ever resolve their Toxicity unless they are completely reword-redesign with having a Healthy Fair Competitive Design Philosophy at hand. 

The current Philosophy are Toxic for the health of the game reputation, for the game stability, for the players retention, for the game environment and lastly...for the players experiences. 

It need to Change or continuing facing Harsh Consequential - Disciplinary Reality of Toxicity.  

Toxicity-Bad Design-Broken Foundation= Goes Hand-To-Hand

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Hi Anet, 

As we all know, Bad Design can not be Band-aid Fixed. So I have an update of showcasing just that. As I had said many times and History has proven that, "A House Build On A Broken-Cracked Foundation Will Eventually Collapse" 

Once again, I want to remind you of these Bad Design-Broken Professions; Thief Profession, Mesmer Profession, Elementalist Profession, Revenant Profession, Guardian Profession-Willbender and Warrior Profession. 

No amount of "nerfs" will ever resolve their Toxicity unless they are completely reword-redesign with having a Healthy Fair Competitive Design Philosophy at hand. 

The current Philosophy are Toxic for the health of the game reputation, for the game stability, for the players retention, for the game environment and lastly...for the players experiences. 

It need to Change or continuing facing Harsh Consequential - Disciplinary Reality of Toxicity.  

Toxicity-Bad Design-Broken Foundation= Goes Hand-To-Hand

You just sweepingly named 6 of 9 professions as being "broken" and "toxic". That doesn't sound like pointed criticism and laying out precise especs/builds that are tyrannical; it just sounds like a disgruntled Necro, Engi, or Ranger main being salty. Which itself is ironic given that Mechanist has been oppressive since launch, Druid/Soulbeast are now dominating the bench charts, and Reaper just got a major buff too and is now roughly tied with Virt as the preferred "easy DPS" in group content.

I just don't know what kind of point you think you are making here? Yes, the game generally sucks, and yes, there are clearly oppressively designed especs, but you haven't argued any foundations for either case.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Batalix.2873 said:

You just sweepingly named 6 of 9 professions as being "broken" and "toxic". That doesn't sound like pointed criticism and laying out precise especs/builds that are tyrannical; it just sounds like a disgruntled Necro, Engi, or Ranger main being salty. Which itself is ironic given that Mechanist has been oppressive since launch, Druid/Soulbeast are now dominating the bench charts, and Reaper just got a major buff too and is now roughly tied with Virt as the preferred "easy DPS" in group content.

I just don't know what kind of point you think you are making here? Yes, the game generally sucks, and yes, there are clearly oppressively designed especs, but you haven't argued any foundations for either case.

If you have been following me: I have callout out Necromancer Profession and Ranger Profession. As I said in my posts; Necromancer Profession Identity and Role is not in DPS but in Conditions. 

Necromancer Profession Community did not ask Anet for buffs in dps; we asked Anet to rework and in improve Necromancer Profession limnitations and functionalies in areas that it needs the most.

-Once again; Anet is Intentionally continually and repeatedly limiting Necromancer Profession Identity and Role to expand and to excel. Anet worse continual and repeated injury against Necromancer Profession, is Intentionally giving other Professions access to Necromancer Profession Identity and Role and Specialization thus resulting in them outperforming Necromancer Profession in the areas that defines it and specialize it.

While other Professions, are permitted to remain Badly Designed and Broken for 11 years and years by Anet; Necromancer Profession remain Guild Wars 2 -Scapegoat Profession and being  most abused Profession to be treated 'as a rag doll' by Anet.

--There's Always A 'Nas*y- Bad Surprise...Waiting For The Necromancer Profession 

so there...

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 8

On 7/21/2023 at 9:52 PM, Gendalfs.7521 said:

When they look in their excel spreadsheets they cant make any adjustments of skills not being used at all.

For example: In WvW do anyone use minions as necro? I guess no, so how could they know it needs a buff or nerf. (ofc if you play the class you know, but they do balance only on empiric info)

This seems a little backwards to me. If you have to play to know, it means you had to try it to know. If you had to try it then it is in "their excel spreadsheets" and they know too. Have you considered that maybe it's just you disagreeing with their balance decisions not overly rewarding ai gameplay and not them not knowing how it performs?

On 7/25/2023 at 12:59 PM, Burnfall.9573 said:

Necromancer Profession remain Guild Wars 2 -Scapegoat Profession and being  most abused Profession to be treated 'as a rag doll' by Anet.

Pretty sure that's baseless.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

I wont do it, but you Sobix could try.

Take any class and use some meme bad build and let everyone kill you for 100 times, maybe that will show up in their spreadsheets 🙂

Welp, even if you didn't, I know I see minions in wvw here and there -they have the data so I don't need to do it. Either way, it appears you were trying to claim "x is bad and that's why it's not played, which means they have no data". But before things are determined as "bad", they were being played and so the data on them exists. And then there are people who simply play whatever they want, regardless of what's considered meta or good, which is why even those minions are still seen around.
Again: Have you considered that maybe it's just you disagreeing with their balance decisions not overly rewarding ai gameplay and not them not knowing how it performs?

• Confused 2

On 7/20/2023 at 5:04 AM, Camniel.7238 said:

I just uninstalled Guild Wars 2 for the first time in about 5 years. I need to move on because this isn't fun anymore, everything is so spammy and convoluted, not to mention inconsistent. Wish me luck finding something else.

sorry to see you go, take a break for a year or two, they will be starting on their next expansion with sea tortoise that can only be used in one pond in the game and wvw alliances. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 7/19/2023 at 5:04 PM, Camniel.7238 said:

I just uninstalled Guild Wars 2 for the first time in about 5 years. I need to move on because this isn't fun anymore, everything is so spammy and convoluted, not to mention inconsistent. Wish me luck finding something else.

I haven't uninstalled...yet. But have only played for a couple of hours since that June patch. I occasionally check these forums to see if they've done anything to rectify the mess they've made.

And this is the first expansion I haven't bothered to pre-order. I think the whole thing looks like it's going to mess everything up even more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Question: why was Malicious Sorcery (Illusions trait) not moved to baseline 20% CD reduction, like all other CD reduction traits? Scepter is pretty bad on mesmer, this could boost it's usage a bit. Even if you are playing Scepter, you can't really take this trait as Master of Fragmentation is just that good.

Was this an oversight?

On 6/29/2023 at 10:35 PM, The Cashew Cab.8491 said:

You're still keeping the Shade duration at 8 seconds? Are you actually serious right now?

Do you have any idea just how BAD Scourge feels to play with this change? It's absolutely miserable.

The 8 second Shade duration makes Scourge feel WAY too spammy and annoying. Please, I am BEGGING you to consider how these decisions affect the playability of certain specs.

Just. Tie. Alacrity. To Sand Savant. Limit Alacrity pulses to the Shade and the Shade ONLY.

Don't tie Alacrity generation to Barrier, just make it to where every pulse of a Shade skill generates Alacrity when traited into Sand Savant. Keep Shade duration at 20 seconds.

It is literally that easy. Please.

THANK YOU, that is actually what I would like to see as well.... (sorry I shortened your post a bit to get MY essence out)...
i haven't played for 2 month, but when i came back now - UUF. I really don't like the new feeling with only 1 shade at most (up to 99%) of the time.
i play mostly CDPS scourge and now i only have a small area every 8 seconds to do my damage? that hurts a lot. (with fast moving bosses it's even worse, you run 100m because there's no shadow, only to start running again).
so what is the point of the 3 charges then?  in case of a continuous fight I have only 1x 8-second window with more than 1 shadow - in about 5 minutes ...
I love the playstyle of ramping up my stats to reach full strength. sweating while pressure casting shades and debuffs to maintain the high base with high uptime.
The combination of a number of changes that have been made recently ... steals a part I really enjoyed when playing scourge
I don't want to see developers eyes on just one type of build - please consider how you massacre other builds with your changes

I hope there will be some changes - I don't want to lose something I've deeply enjoyed this much.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 12:20 PM, Gendalfs.7521 said:

About Mech.

Quote from another thread: 

Stowing/sheathing should never be optimal DPS.

Please fix this.

Looking where you pet is should never be optimal for DPS. (including your inability to make user Mech more visible in most encounters)

Please fix this.

It is when your pet is broken af. Mech players are so whiny that they can't sit back and autoattack at range anymore.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1