Solemn reminder that no new spvp content has been released since Nov 2018.

Voraxen.2035

We've got to share some appreciation. We DID get some new titles and it feels great! It doesn't change the matchmaking, the available builds, rules of conquest, or really anything that matters but it sure feels good getting a reminder that they KNOW spvp is still an available game mode that deserves enhancements and achievements. 

• Like 2

On 7/29/2023 at 1:43 AM, KingJake.6529 said:

Some of these changes are good, however, they will never implement any of this because PvP brings them no money, simple as that. There are not enough players that invest time into PvP and the situation is only going to get worst as more players keep slowly leaving the gamemode. They should stop trying to make the game "competitive" (has never really been) and just make it more casual fun, bring more build variety, bring back some stats or straight make different amulets for pvp, maybe some wacky changes to maps that could be fun in unranked. But really there is no point in trying to waste your time and energy on a company that is not interested on supporting a maintenance  gamemode like PvP right now

I could not disagree more with your thoughts here. I play spvp casually everyday for hours. Spvp community deserves developememt time just like pve and wvw. Not equal by any means but at least a similar percentage to the amount of players that love spending their time this way. If the fashion show can get quality of life updates then so can spvp.

2 hours ago, Voraxen.2035 said:

I could not disagree more with your thoughts here. I play spvp casually everyday for hours. Spvp community deserves developememt time just like pve and wvw. Not equal by any means but at least a similar percentage to the amount of players that love spending their time this way. If the fashion show can get quality of life updates then so can spvp.

Here is the thing, just because you play pvp all day it doesn't mean most of the playerbase does. We are a tiny minority in arenanet's eyes. Sure we deserve more content, but to them it is not profitable or in their best interest for the game to provide major content drops for pvp. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, KingJake.6529 said:

Here is the thing, just because you play pvp all day it doesn't mean most of the playerbase does. We are a tiny minority in arenanet's eyes. Sure we deserve more content, but to them it is not profitable or in their best interest for the game to provide major content drops for pvp. 

Up to date PVP mode is going to bring more eyes to the product which is going to result in more players because PVE is a mode that it's more enjoyable to play than to watch.
The top games on twitch are all competitive games and its an absolute shame that the MMO with the best and most fluid combat system has such anemic and lacking pvp mode.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, KingJake.6529 said:

Here is the thing, just because you play pvp all day it doesn't mean most of the playerbase does. We are a tiny minority in arenanet's eyes. Sure we deserve more content, but to them it is not profitable or in their best interest for the game to provide major content drops for pvp

PvE people for some reason are hard up on denying PvP is a thing. Like PvP deniers or something. PvP is the most active mode in video games. Especially PC. Spvp is definitely played. Its all I play too. Like him.  This forum is one of the more active forums on here as well. Also 2 out 3 game pillars involve some form of pvp in this game. WvW and Spvp make up 2/3s of the game. Pve being the other third. Removing PvP, ignoring it, or pretending like its somehow less important than PvE is a terrible business model. Its why GW2 has struggled some. They alienated 2/3 of their player base for awhile. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/1/2024 at 1:24 PM, jdawgie.1835 said:

PvE people for some reason are hard up on denying PvP is a thing.

Funny, I'm not even a pve player and get called out as one when I'm just saying what has been happening since PoF. 

2 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

so what? pvp isn't popular it isn't going to keep players. it is the worst part of the game

This is literally a post about how people here just play pvp. Because you declare something doesnt make it true. WvW+sPvP (a lot of the same people) is a larger number than PvE I would guess. If you removed PvP all together from the game you would kill your own game. So what is your point?

1 hour ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

WvW+sPvP (a lot of the same people) is a larger number than PvE I would guess.

brother come on lol
more than like, raiding or CM strikes? yeah probably, WvW alone most likely beats them on a weekly basis

but all PvE? surely you can't be serious

1 hour ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

If you removed PvP all together from the game you would kill your own game.

i don't think it would truly kill it, but i do agree that it'd be a net loss, and i'm relatively confident GW3 will have some form of pvp in it
i also think they really should have added extra modes, even if ranked stayed only conquest, for 10v10s, capture the flag, that kinda stuff. i think it's pretty disappointing they gave up on em years ago

2 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

brother come on lol
more than like, raiding or CM strikes? yeah probably, WvW alone most likely beats them on a weekly basis

but all PvE? surely you can't be serious

Okay lol. Ill come on and admit when I over did it. I do agree that WvW even by itself beats out CM strikes and Raiding weekly. Thats all I am trying to say. I love pvp and got a bit carried away. 

2 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

i don't think it would truly kill it, but i do agree that it'd be a net loss, and i'm relatively confident GW3 will have some form of pvp in it
i also think they really should have added extra modes, even if ranked stayed only conquest, for 10v10s, capture the flag, that kinda stuff. i think it's pretty disappointing they gave up on em years ago

Right - I dont think we should champion the demise of this game. Selfishly because I havent found anything that even comes close to it combat wise. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 12:44 PM, Voodoo.3201 said:

Wrong we got swiss for monthlies 2020 and tournament of legends 2021

I personally wouldn't count a temporary event as pvp content. I'd count it as something that's added to the game that anyone can enjoy from that point forward regardless of when you decide to partake.

• Like 1

Daily bump

In all seriousness though, we’re not getting anything outside of what the other game modes are getting. This means only (at most) new weapons, skills, trait lines for core classes, and sigil reworks/other game reworks. It’s sad but probably true, until GW3 comes out.

Edited by gmmg.9210
  • Confused 3

On 4/1/2024 at 2:24 PM, jdawgie.1835 said:

PvE people for some reason are hard up on denying PvP is a thing. Like PvP deniers or something. PvP is the most active mode in video games. Especially PC. Spvp is definitely played. Its all I play too. Like him.  This forum is one of the more active forums on here as well. Also 2 out 3 game pillars involve some form of pvp in this game. WvW and Spvp make up 2/3s of the game. Pve being the other third. Removing PvP, ignoring it, or pretending like its somehow less important than PvE is a terrible business model. Its why GW2 has struggled some. They alienated 2/3 of their player base for awhile. 

Yep, basically this:

Anet don’t expect the plant (spvp) to grow if you don’t water it.

Question is why do they refuse to water it? Its got such a solid foundation for greatness and a pretty die hard fanbase, making improvements will bring more people into the fold which would in turn make the pvp population healthier

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1