July 18 - no announced changes to engineer when some are needed

WipZedKay.5316

After having gone through the preview for the July 18 balance fixes, it's quite disheartening to see no mention of engineer at all. Given that there were a lot of active discussions here about both the scrapper and mechanist changes, to see none of the feedback be substantial enough to be at the very least mentioned kind of doesn't bode well for us engineer players. So let's summarize the main pieces of feedback in case anyone from Anet does read this post.

Core

• The cooldown reduction from Power Wrench (for tool-kit skills), Gadgeteer (for gadgets) and HGH (for elixirs) was removed and instead moved into the skills baselines, except not for all of them. There are notable examples for PvE such as Elixir S and more notable for WvW/PvP such as Box of Nails, Prybar, Gear Shield, Magnet.

It feels quite bad that these cooldown reductions were added onto the skills baselines except for ones that were used quite heavily. If they were given less cooldown reduction because of their common use that would be okay but keeping them at the old base cooldown doesn't feel too good, especially for some which don't become broken from the lowered cooldowns. Instead of the 20% HGH used to give, perhaps giving Elixir S 10% would be fine?

Scrapper

• Being limited to leap and blast finisher to provide quickness give you less room to move freely as leap finishers tend to make you move.
  • Requiring combo fields makes it rather punishing to dodge attacks overall since you need have access to the combo field when the combo is completed. This makes you more stationary as opposed to the superspeed runner that made a lot of people fall in love with Scrapper to begin with.
  • The type of combo requirement makes it a lot more tedious to pre-stack for fractals since you need to swap a lot of utility skills to have more blast finishers since leap finishers will most likely throw you off a cliff.
  • For PvP and WvW which is very focused on movement makes the combo requirement detrimental. Leap finishers would most likely lead to death since you are animation locked for quite some time or are usually used to escape from a situation. In a similar vein, you can't guarantee that you will be within a combo field when you need the boons since you're usually dodging stuff forcing you in and out of combo fields. When it was tied to superspeed, you could give yourself boons before an engagement without having to worry about waiting for combo finishers to trigger or provide boons independent of your positioning, movement and active evasion.

Some ideas to solve these issues I have seen was to change the combo requirement from leap/blast to just be completed combos but with lower base boon duration as to not re-create the current thief problem. This would allow you to use shredder gyro in conjunction with some other gyro to provide boons that follows you independent of your evasion and movement again. It would also let you have more superspeed like previously since you could run more gyros for combo fields and finishers. This wouldn't directly remove the current iteration either since leap and blast finishers would still provide quickness as it does not.

Is this the right answer for scrappers boon application? Hard to answer but it's an idea I have seen floating around.

Mechanist

• Mechanical Genius is currently too punishing since it applies the penalty instantly. The removal of the 6 seconds grace period give you no leeway when it comes to dodging or moving into better positions. The fact that you usually have to wander outside of the MG range in order to properly position the mech does not help the fact. Likewise, the mech has a tendency to overshoot your position when recalling it making it even more annoying place it properly in order to receive the buff.
  • Mechanical Genius forces your eyes to be more on the buff bar to see the icon now that it is so punishing. It being small and now flickering as you try to place yourself correctly is rather annoying. This is due to the mech being so easily lost in any fight with more than 5 players and the lack of dedicated marker on the mech when it's so essential to be close to it does not make it any better.
  • The cooldown penalty in combination with the current iteration of Mechanical Genius is far too punishing. Playing around your mech with zero leeway is bad enough but is it really necessary to give the player +50% longer cooldowns on top of that?

Mechanical Genius makes Mechanist the only build in the game that punishes you just for playing it. Not playing it poorly but just playing it overall since you cannot exactly control where it goes and you need to stay within it's range in a game with emphasis on movement and active evasion. The previous iteration was okay, it punished you for just letting the mech be AFK with some leeway to correct where it stood. This doesn't change the fact that original pet class, ranger, does not punish you for just playing the class. It lets you experience the fantasy of having a companion without a care in the world yet the mechanist players have to micromanage something that cannot be fully control and are punished for trying.

Returning Mechanical Genius to the previous iteration is an okay solution. Removing the proximity mechanic in its entirety would let you focus solely on your own movement and dodging attack while making the support mech players need to learn to properly position the mech to maximise its effect.

• Moving barrier application from mace auto attacks to mace 2 has made it practically speaking, impossible to maintain permanent alacrity without using F2 or barrier signet.

Heal Alacrity Mechanist uses F2 and barrier signet to great effect in the hands of experienced players as you can react to mechanics with them. Need to stunbreak or provide stability? Use F2 when needed. Need to block projectiles or need more barrier to reduce incoming damage? Use barrier signet. It's understandable that alacdps doesn't retain this given it's heavier focus on doing damage at the cost of utility but it doesn't make much sense for HAM, the dedicated healer who uses utility slots for utility to be forced into the same requirement of using utility skills for boons.

There are different ways to solve this problem. Easiest would be to revert the change to put barrier on mace AA3 instead of mace 2. Power alacdps and condi alacdps doesn't use mace at all so it wouldn't indirectly buff them by accident. If you were to increase the amount of alacrity given when you provide barrier, then it would allow the alacdps variants to bring less boon duration and I don't think we want every boondps option to do 40k now would we? cough cough thief cough cough.

This post is meant to summarize the feedback from the latest balance patch to show that the changes negatively affected both performance and playing experience for these specs. While the scrapper changes are mixed from some not really caring to many (myself included) preferring the berserker playstyle scrapper used to have. The changes to mechanist punishes you for just playing it and has forced the healer to use reactive skills to maintain boons when healers sacrifice damage to provide utility. All I hope is that these issues are at the very least addressed but ideally fixed by July 18:th when the next balance fix is released.

If I have forgotten anything, let me know and I will edit it into the post!

Edited by Rayamon.4358
Included the reworked core traits that affected a lot of skill types but not all.
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

I agree.

Especially scrapper needs change in my opinion.

I asked people on reddit if they liked the changes and over 90% don´t like it at all, straight up hate it or quit playing scrapper entirely. Many people want to reroll now because of this. So what is the point when you lose 70-ish players, who hate playing scrapper now, and quit, for every 3-5 people who enjoy the changes. Currently  only 4 out of about 70-ish people on that reddit thread think the changes are good.

*Source:

The majority of players think scrapper was fine as it was and are confused and frustrated why it had to be changed.

It was easy and good. You could pop your gyros and then concentrate on dps or healing and mechanics of fights for example. It didn´t have a forced skill 3 leap or clunky playstyle mechanics. I don´t understand where the need of changing all of this comes from when the majority of scrapper players very clearly absolutely dislike these forced combo field mechanics. It´s just unnecessarily complex now compared to other classes being able to provide quickness with one press of a button.

Scrapper pre patch had it´s issues for sure. But this is quite a downgrade in terms of fun gameplay.

Current scrapper potentially does more damage and you can achieve 100% uptime, sure, but it´s not worth it at the cost of this clunkiness in my opinion. It just doesn´t feel good as it is right now. The cons just outweigh the pros here.

It´s just very frustrating when a certain playstyle is taken away from you which most people actually enjoyed playing for a long time and change it up to this mess that it is now.

Edited by Tuskali.6417
  • Like 13

Honestly the current iteration AND previous iteration of Scrapper were bad. I don’t think it’s reasonable to spam all your gyros just to maintain quickness, but their new solution feels equally as bad.

Scrapper needs to go back to the drawing board.

Edited by Kiro Kobra.6478
  • Like 11

Don't forget the removal of the option to reduce CD on so many skills (in WvW) - Elixir S, Slick Shoes, All Toolkit Skills (S/W/T, Box of Nails, Prybar, Gear Shield, Magnet) to name but a few. 

I did a longer post regarding this on the official preview thread. Disappointing to see that it has been set in stone now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Scrapper was super fun before yet now is clunky and unfun to the point the class is dead to me. Will they actually make changes? Hard to say. I feel like almost every single scrapper player could directly say to them they hate it and the devs would still stay stubborn and not change a thing. There was nothing super wrong with it before and the view that it meant people were spamming gyros doesn't change now that people will be spamming stuff to create fields specifically if they are solo and then spamming whatever finisher skill they can in said field. Again, it's clunky. At least before 3 of the gyros I was using were useful to me but now I would have to spam stuff that I don't want to use just to try and make it all work since I am a mainly solo player.

Mech genius has got to go. There is no point in having the leash other than to annoy players. Mech is not chart topping like it may have been when it first came out so having this still be a thing is again, just there to annoy players. I know there are still some that believe in the silly narrative that you can just afk and the robot can take on everything but that is complete bull. Even if it was, the robot doesn't even do THAT much damage with the way people have gone on about it. At the very least, the grace period timer should be brought back because it's ridiculous as it is right now. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rayamon.4358 said:

This post is meant to summarize the feedback from the latest balance patch to show that the changes negatively affected both performance and playing experience for these specs. While the scrapper changes are mixed from some not really caring to many (myself included) preferring the berserker playstyle scrapper used to have. The changes to mechanist punishes you for just playing it and has forced the healer to use reactive skills to maintain boons when healers sacrifice damage to provide utility. All I hope is that these issues are at the very least addressed but ideally fixed by July 18:th when the next balance fix is released.

You wrote everything perfectly. Thanks. Now we only need to CMC to read this.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Power Mech does no damage, it is super unfun after the rifle AA nerf: Now mine is better than grenade kit and to top this all the latest version of mechanical genius is the worst they couldve come up with. So much brainpower wasted for something so unfun. Beta already shows rifle being 100% useless outside of extra might on support but hammer is the dps option.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Rayamon.4358 said:

After having gone through the preview for the July 18 balance fixes, it's quite disheartening to see no mention of engineer at all. Given that there were a lot of active discussions here about both the scrapper and mechanist changes, to see none of the feedback be substantial enough to be at the very least mentioned kind of doesn't bode well for us engineer players. So let's summarize the main pieces of feedback in case anyone from Anet does read this post.

Core

• The cooldown reduction from Power Wrench (for tool-kit skills), Gadgeteer (for gadgets) and HGH (for elixirs) was removed and instead moved into the skills baselines, except not for all of them. There are notable examples for PvE such as Elixir S and more notable for WvW/PvP such as Box of Nails, Prybar, Gear Shield, Magnet.

It feels quite bad that these cooldown reductions were added onto the skills baselines except for ones that were used quite heavily. If they were given less cooldown reduction because of their common use that would be okay but keeping them at the old base cooldown doesn't feel too good, especially for some which don't become broken from the lowered cooldowns. Instead of the 20% HGH used to give, perhaps giving Elixir S 10% would be fine?

Scrapper

• Being limited to leap and blast finisher to provide quickness give you less room to move freely as leap finishers tend to make you move.
  • Requiring combo fields makes it rather punishing to dodge attacks overall since you need have access to the combo field when the combo is completed. This makes you more stationary as opposed to the superspeed runner that made a lot of people fall in love with Scrapper to begin with.
  • The type of combo requirement makes it a lot more tedious to pre-stack for fractals since you need to swap a lot of utility skills to have more blast finishers since leap finishers will most likely throw you off a cliff.
  • For PvP and WvW which is very focused on movement makes the combo requirement detrimental. Leap finishers would most likely lead to death since you are animation locked for quite some time or are usually used to escape from a situation. In a similar vein, you can't guarantee that you will be within a combo field when you need the boons since you're usually dodging stuff forcing you in and out of combo fields. When it was tied to superspeed, you could give yourself boons before an engagement without having to worry about waiting for combo finishers to trigger or provide boons independent of your positioning, movement and active evasion.

Some ideas to solve these issues I have seen was to change the combo requirement from leap/blast to just be completed combos but with lower base boon duration as to not re-create the current thief problem. This would allow you to use shredder gyro in conjunction with some other gyro to provide boons that follows you independent of your evasion and movement again. It would also let you have more superspeed like previously since you could run more gyros for combo fields and finishers. This wouldn't directly remove the current iteration either since leap and blast finishers would still provide quickness as it does not.

Is this the right answer for scrappers boon application? Hard to answer but it's an idea I have seen floating around.

Mechanist

• Mechanical Genius is currently too punishing since it applies the penalty instantly. The removal of the 6 seconds grace period give you no leeway when it comes to dodging or moving into better positions. The fact that you usually have to wander outside of the MG range in order to properly position the mech does not help the fact. Likewise, the mech has a tendency to overshoot your position when recalling it making it even more annoying place it properly in order to receive the buff.
  • Mechanical Genius forces your eyes to be more on the buff bar to see the icon now that it is so punishing. It being small and now flickering as you try to place yourself correctly is rather annoying. This is due to the mech being so easily lost in any fight with more than 5 players and the lack of dedicated marker on the mech when it's so essential to be close to it does not make it any better.
  • The cooldown penalty in combination with the current iteration of Mechanical Genius is far too punishing. Playing around your mech with zero leeway is bad enough but is it really necessary to give the player +50% longer cooldowns on top of that?

Mechanical Genius makes Mechanist the only build in the game that punishes you just for playing it. Not playing it poorly but just playing it overall since you cannot exactly control where it goes and you need to stay within it's range in a game with emphasis on movement and active evasion. The previous iteration was okay, it punished you for just letting the mech be AFK with some leeway to correct where it stood. This doesn't change the fact that original pet class, ranger, does not punish you for just playing the class. It lets you experience the fantasy of having a companion without a care in the world yet the mechanist players have to micromanage something that cannot be fully control and are punished for trying.

Returning Mechanical Genius to the previous iteration is an okay solution. Removing the proximity mechanic in its entirety would let you focus solely on your own movement and dodging attack while making the support mech players need to learn to properly position the mech to maximise its effect.

• Moving barrier application from mace auto attacks to mace 2 has made it practically speaking, impossible to maintain permanent alacrity without using F2 or barrier signet.

Heal Alacrity Mechanist uses F2 and barrier signet to great effect in the hands of experienced players as you can react to mechanics with them. Need to stunbreak or provide stability? Use F2 when needed. Need to block projectiles or need more barrier to reduce incoming damage? Use barrier signet. It's understandable that alacdps doesn't retain this given it's heavier focus on doing damage at the cost of utility but it doesn't make much sense for HAM, the dedicated healer who uses utility slots for utility to be forced into the same requirement of using utility skills for boons.

There are different ways to solve this problem. Easiest would be to revert the change to put barrier on mace AA3 instead of mace 2. Power alacdps and condi alacdps doesn't use mace at all so it wouldn't indirectly buff them by accident. If you were to increase the amount of alacrity given when you provide barrier, then it would allow the alacdps variants to bring less boon duration and I don't think we want every boondps option to do 40k now would we? cough cough thief cough cough.

If I have forgotten anything, let me know and I will edit it into the post!

Thank you for collecting the feedback. I still have a bit of hope that Anet will listen and bring back a fun playstyle to our beloved classes. 

14 hours ago, Tuskali.6417 said:

I agree.

Especially scrapper needs change in my opinion.

I asked people on reddit if they liked the changes and over 90% don´t like it at all, straight up hate it or quit playing scrapper. Many people want to reroll now because of this. So what is the point when you lose 70-ish players, who hate playing scrapper now, and quit, for every 3-5 people who enjoy the changes. Only 4 out of about 70-ish people on that reddit thread think the changes are good.

The majority of players think scrapper was fine as it was and are confused and frustrated why it had to be changed.

It was easy and good. You could pop your gyros and then concentrate on dps or healing and mechanics of fights for example. It didn´t have a forced skill 3 leap or clunky playstyle mechanics. I don´t understand where the need of changing all of this comes from when the majority of scrapper players very clearly absolutely dislike these forced combo field mechanics. It´s just unnecessarily complex now compared to other classes providing quickness with one press of a button.

Scrapper pre patch had it´s issues for sure. But this is quite a downgrade.

Current scrapper potentially does more damage and you can achieve 100% uptime, sure, but it´s not worth it at the cost of this clunkiness in my opinion. It just doesn´t feel good like it is right now. The cons just outweigh the pros here.

It´s just very frustrating when a certain playstyle is taken away from you which most people actually enjoyed playing for a long time and change it up to this mess like that.

Totally agree. In my opinion the worst part are the jump finishers because they are so uncontrollable. Blasts are quite okay but whirls would be a so much nicer option. Yes, I know we have hammer 2 and shredder gyro that bring whirl finishers. Hammer 2 is on 6 sec cooldown, just like that mace skill with jump finisher, that can be used in near future to maintain quickness (please correct me if I get the numbers wrong). Tone down whirls on shredder gyro to one or set an internal cooldown to kinetic accelerators, so we can't generate endless quickness and the combo-thing could really work. Yes, we still have to look out for fields but at least we won't jump from Cantha to Kryta over and over again.

I also really like the idea to connect quickness to toolbelt skills. It was mentioned a few times already, I think. They could also create a special engi finisher for those skills to prevent a mess with other finishers if they want to keep us using fields.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Aylpse.6280 said:

Why was Medkit's healing nerfed again? It makes no sense.

My guess is to nerf the capability heal mech had to go full ranged support. Would explain why it dropped at the same time as the changes to Mechanical Genius as it heavily punishes you for playing mechanist for playing ranged support. Boons and such have been focused on stacking close to each other and the boss, so making the range shorter means you have to be closer if you want to do ranged heals than before.

This of course doesn't take into account WvW or PvP where you kinda need the additional range since everyone moves constantly but of course, Anet would only know that if they played the game modes 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Aylpse.6280 said:

Why was Medkit's healing nerfed again? It makes no sense.

Was wondering about that too. I can´t really believe it was overperforming in any way when you compare it to other healer specs but correct me if I´m wrong about that.

Edited by Tuskali.6417
  • Like 1

If the changes are set in stone already and if Anet will not be willing to revert the changes, you guys think it would make sense to make Shredder Gyro work like Blast Gyro?

Quick heal scrapper and quick dps scrapper would benefit from that and it´s only one more gyro that gives quickness easily. In combination with giving Kinetic Acceleration whirl finishers too it could make the gameplay more fluid again no?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

i like new changes, ppl overeact, playstyle is similar

I can acknowledge when people like the new playstyle. But you also have to acknowledge that these people are clearly the very small minority.

So again what are the changes good for when 90% of scrapper players don´t like it and they basically all say it feels clunky and not fun. You just have to take a look into the reddit thread i posted.

How is it an overreaction at this point? Please elaborate.

Edited by Tuskali.6417
  • Like 7

Regarding scrapper changes, as I posted on the Reddit post.

Overall, I really dislike it.

On the plus side :

• no need to bring/use all gyros on CD --> more flexibility on utility skills
  • more dps/optimised
  • that's it !

On the negative side :

• basically binds to hammer while rifle was a very good option and will probably lock out of future shortbow as well
  • unable to prestack a lot of quick before a phase or before a split phase
  • unable to build a long time of quick --> there will be gaps in quickess when people split (way more han before)
  • having to spam hammer 3 can bring you to danger, or even death (Xera, KO CM, Sabetha)
  • it feels absolutely dumb to spam throw mine off CD just for quickness while it's super valuable for CC or boon rip
  • more spammy/tight to upkeep quick, therefore disruptive and not fun gameplay
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On Mechanic Genius change, it is bad cause have became an istant ON/OFF, even if you move 1mm out of the border, you get it off, and that can happen a lot when the robot go random at enemy or the boss move/teleport fast around........ really, if you cannot eliminate it, AT LEAST, add the extra seconds timer before going OFF like it was before (8-10 seconds and all be ok i think), can help a lot mitigate all the problem the actual skill create.

Expecially considering we lost barrier from mace 1 (with alac boon cast from it) monobuilding alac mecha as result instead of having some extra build options playing it..........

• Like 6

On 7/2/2023 at 2:29 AM, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

i like new changes, ppl overeact, playstyle is similar

Different people prefer different playstyles. I'm glad you've found a playstyle where you don't mind the changes. Apparently that's not the case for the majority of Scrapper enjoyers. Having different preferences doesn't automatically mean that someone is overreacting. 

One consensus seems to be that players have grown fond of their playstyle and are frustrated that it has been changed so much without need and that any concerns about it have been ignored so far.

If I want a new playstyle, I create another character. I don't need Anets 'help' by screwing up Scrapper.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

well that's disappointing.

On 6/30/2023 at 10:19 PM, Rayamon.4358 said:

after having gone through the preview for the July 18 balance fixes, it's quite disheartening to see no mention of engineer at all. Given that there were a lot of active discussions here about both the scrapper and mechanist changes, to see none of the feedback be substantial enough to be at the very least mentioned kind of doesn't bode well for us engineer players.

i changed to another class, until they fix this mess of an patch. looking at all the unhappy emotes on the update notes, there are alot of unhappy players from all the classes out there. the balance team needs an update if you ask me 🙂

one of the least liked changes i have ever seen

• Like 6

Here I go:

• I'm with you. Ignoring toolbelt and Elixir S  reductions in PvP/WvW was a mistake, and unnecesary. I still don't know why they made that change, I mean, was a free nerf in skills that weren't overperforming. Some ppl told me that they always nerf this kind of stuff before an expansion; but I still see big buffs on some classes like Elementalist in general. So that's a lie. Mortar kit is also overnerfed, and Elixir U.
  • Power Holo (PvE) would need some improvements  due to his risky gameplay. Has almost the same DPS as a Power Scrapper and it's below from classes like Reaper; they should be similar; reaper is like an holo without risks. I'd focus on Sword; improving it for a good sinergy with the rest of engi specs; and a little buff for Dps Holo (Even though I love Scrapper; I still prefer an Sword Holo over a Hammer Holo, sword fits well on Holo's design). As for Condi One; he's perfect. Such a piano rotation, risky gameplay and wasting your dodges, has his reward.
  • Also, reverting some WvW Support Scrapper would be nice either. They nerfed him 'cause too much superspeed, stealth and conditions convertions; but they already nerfed that, so, why they keep nerfing its healing and condi cleanse capability? Non-sense since Tempest and Firebrand are healing more, are spamming lots of boons, auras and reflects. 
  • PvP Core Engi: Pistols are obsolete; both effects and animations. Traits such as streamlined kits are obsolete too (Drop Gunk and fire aura from flamethrower, etc). In addition to those senseless toolkit nerfs; and the useless turrets, results in the current core engi; the worst class of the game; even with specs weapons he sucks. And CmC is not helping, with every update he nerfs him even more. PvE one could get some love either; he had a hard build option and now is into the oblivion. I haven't seen those ppl who asked about Power Mech nerfs " 'cause afk op class" to ask for Condi Core buffs; the most piano class in the game, and the weakest one.
  • Quickness Scrapper (PvE): I personally like more this new one; a little more hard, a little more DPS, and a frenetic rotation. But yeah, that's my personal opinion. I understand casual people that prefers a chill class over a frenetic one. Personally I can only advise that, in case you want to give it a try. Consider that this build is mo' flexible. However, as I said, if most of engi players prefers the old one, devs should consider that.
  • Mech: I rarely play him 'cause (FOR ME) is boring. However, people still asking for Mech's AI improvements, underwater mech, etc. And they only get a CD increase if mech is far from the player xD
Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, AlPower.2476 said:
  • PvP Core Engi: Pistols are obsolete; both effects and animations. Traits such as streamlined kits are obsolete too (Drop Gunk and fire aura from flamethrower, etc). In addition to those senseless toolkit nerfs; and the useless turrets, results in the current core engi; the worst class of the game; even with specs weapons he sucks. And CmC is not helping, with every update he nerfs him even more. PvE one could get some love either; he had a hard build option and now is into the oblivion. I haven't seen those ppl who asked about Power Mech nerfs " 'cause afk op class" to ask for Condi Core buffs; the most piano class in the game, and the weakest one.

Playing a core engie for years in WvW roaming I am really seeing the total dominance of EoD specs now - and it's not like core vs elites was common before. It's pretty pointless to even fight against things like other roaming weavers or harbingers or willbenders because you no longer have the quick cds to even try and compete with their permaboons or permaauras while they output a metric ton of damage.

I consider it a targeted attack against core engie. Just further proof Anet hates it. Especially when you consider what they DIDNT nerf, such as the ability to toss nades 180 degrees over your head (or just nade kit damage really).

If I was even more conspiratorical I would say it's intentional ahead of the expansion release just so people buy expansions.

I wish they would fix all the elixir and tools cds... but tbh I doubt Anet ever will. Guess it's time to find another class, or maybe put ones hope to the shortbow absolutely dominating in damage output.

Because Purity of Purpose.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Tuskali.6417 said:

Please Anet don´t give Engi the Ele treatment.

Wait you mean, please give engi the ele treatment? ele is an absolute beast in wvw (or any game mode right now i'd say), I'd love some of that treatment for engi lol...

I think ele even has higher super speed up time now? Scrapper has been blasted hard into the ground, a good chunk of over correcting w/super speed nerfs... looking at x1 18sec gap closer. We don't have shadow steps, ports, or even really any snares like some other classes and locked into one weapon so not like can swap to a ranged. Yes there's mortar kit but if anyone dies to those sky watermelons that's on you... it's aimed with a 2 sec air time + cast time.

Additional updates kind of kicked every engi spec in the shins depending on trait selection eg) tools cd reduction (shield), gadgeteer rocket boots reduction, and the elixir S action. Then there's rifle autos that can probably null dmg w/regen alone lol not to mention the after cast is brutal so not exactly easy to keep counter pressure going if you're swapping into kits often. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 6/30/2023 at 3:19 AM, Rayamon.4358 said:

I'd just like to see the Kinetic Accelerator change completely reverted. Quick scrapper was fun to play before and did not need an overhaul. Maybe throw in a 5s reduction on Blast Gyro CD if you want to up the dps a bit or introduce superspeed / quickness to some gadgets or elixirs if you want to increase utility options.

7 hours ago, foxtrot.6902 said:

Wait you mean, please give engi the ele treatment? ele is an absolute beast in wvw (or any game mode right now i'd say), I'd love some of that treatment for engi lol...

I main engi in pve and ele in wvw so I feel like I can probably comment on this. The balance philosophy of ele - especially catalyst - is to mash every skill on cooldown and when you're out of cooldowns, change attunement so that you have more skills to mash. Ele's power is limited by its poor flexibility. Once you are committed to an attunement, you're stuck and a smart opponent can read that attunement to force openings. Engi does not work the same way. We are about having the right tool for the right time - reserving some skills until the moment they can make a big difference. Unlike ele, most professions do consider keeping all of their skills on CD to be the epitome of gameplay and the overall problem with this balance patch is that somebody is attempting to make every profession play like that.

• Thanks 2