remove instabilities

Personnaly the instabilities are the the most fun things about fractals , you have to adapt to them any time so it make fractals go a little bit different everyday.

Some of them are annoying , but thats their purpose , to be annoying sometimes , for the player to scratch a bit his head and actually read what is up , getting one shotted by a trash mob because you didn't read you take +x damage when alone and +x when hit in the back is a really good design and keep fractals fresh .

On 6/30/2023 at 4:12 PM, Balsa.3951 said:

they are no fun and they restrict future combat designs.

You will notice that some insta. don't come up any time in some fractals , you will never have "flux bomb" or "mist convergence" on tier 2 , 3 , 4 sunqa peak for example , never have the "puke insta." on nightmare frac. (cause it is up 100% of the time already and 2x puke would be really funny , but completely nuts) so if the devs find an instability who will really be game breaking in some content , they will simply remove it from this precise fractal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Personnaly the instabilities are the the most fun things about fractals , you have to adapt to them any time so it make fractals go a little bit different everyday.

Some of them are annoying , but thats their purpose , to be annoying sometimes , for the player to scratch a bit his head and actually read what is up , getting one shotted by a trash mob because you didn't read you take +x damage when alone and +x when hit in the back is a really good design and keep fractals fresh .

You will notice that some insta. don't come up any time in some fractals , you will never have "flux bomb" or "mist convergence" on tier 2 , 3 , 4 sunqa peak for example , never have the "puke insta." on nightmare frac. (cause it is up 100% of the time already and 2x puke would be really funny , but completely nuts) so if the devs find an instability who will really be game breaking in some content , they will simply remove it from this precise fractal.

annoying yes thats how a game wants to be....

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I think a few instabilities are just plain annoying, yes.
But most just alter the way to play which is a nice change of pace.

What I like to see, would be a rework of some instabilities and the addition of new ones.
Or maybe a Rotation of different Instabilities, like M+ from WoW. Kind of Like Fractal "Seasons".

There are tons of ways to work on it, but it would be sad to just completly remove them, fractals just would go really stale

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sigmundf.7523 said:

I mean, the only instability that matters is No Pain No Gain. You can just ignore the rest, and brute force fractal with dps, given that you and your group is skilled. 

I guess you never played bladesworn because vengeance still gives you tons of weakness. Social awkwardness is extremely annoying on some bosses too when you have multiple people who want to stay in the hitbox like dhs or holos. Toxic trails actively counter that aswell and the counter to that instability is bugged since its introduction.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

I guess you never played bladesworn because vengeance still gives you tons of weakness. Social awkwardness is extremely annoying on some bosses too when you have multiple people who want to stay in the hitbox like dhs or holos. Toxic trails actively counter that aswell and the counter to that instability is bugged since its introduction.

I did but shortly ditched it as I don't have static T4 + CM since stacking bladesworn is really good and thats only effective with static. 

Regarding the instabilities that you mention, here is my take, feel free to disagree as we can agree to disagree, and feel free to see my view as elitism. 

1) Vengeance. This mistlock is irrelevant, like really irrelevant. Why ? Because the objective of fractal is to kill the boss, not dealing with mobs. And fractal that actually in higher end and its CM mode, like T4 Nightmare, SO, Sunqua, won't have adds to deal with that stacking on top of the last boss. You can argue Vengeance is annoying with Viirasta, it is true to some degree if your party have low burst dps and keep cleaving the adds near her. Anything beside those T4 fractals and their CM mode, are all cakewalk. Even if there is T4 Siren Reef daily with Vengeance instab, the last boss are still easy af. You focus the boss and ignore "adds", even if the "adds" cleaved and give the boss boons, its not a wipe. 

2) Social awkwardness is annoying only in thaumanova last boss. If your party dpser playing a profession that able to bench 33k+ in golem and able to pull that bench, this mistlock isn't that much a hassle, maybe increasing the kill time few seconds in Thaumanova last boss T4.

3) Toxic trail only annoying if you play reaper. A brief loss of focus going to cost your shroud, but even then it can be easily deal with and become irrelevant. Bosses died quickly / phased quickly, with proper party that is.

TL:DR, if you are skilled player, none of instabilities are giving substantial challenge / difficulty to the point that you can ignore them / dealing with them without focusing on them. No Pain No Gain is the only instabilities that going to alter your run, but even then, its only either switching 1 util to boonstrip, or taking 1 player that play profession that able to.