Was that it for Cantha? No more Cantha?

Ahai to you all in the name of Kormir. 😺

So, since the Demon problem is ''dealt'' with, in the deep at our newest map, Gyala Delve., will there be no more maps in Cantha? No more story? 

I feel like we miss so much from what is within Cantha today. I would love to explore the remaning island of Shing Jea, Drowned Kaineng, Kirin Peak, Great Turtle Highlands and perhaps more of Echovald Forest. 😍

But I assume since we're moving on with SotO expansion, ANet is done with Cantha now? ☹️

Also, why haven't you ANet milked out of more Luxon and Kurzick cosmetics?! You know how many who would love to have armor and weapons based on Kurz and Lux?!!! 🤑

Edited by TwistedAlga.4235
Changed Ahai from Hail... kormir's greeting basically
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Well they added Luxon weapons as drops in Gyala, but I'm mostly disappointed they didn't do anything for the Kurzick side. Cantha is "supergreen" but they added amber as an afterthought. I was so hoping for an extra quarterly update with a Kurzick themed area, but I guess that ship has sailed.

I remember the armor sets well from the Kurzick side in GW1 and how cool the designs were. So yeah, I'm disappointed with that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Unless we return later, that is it. This is why I hoped EoD would be a min 5-6 maps on launch. They could have had Aetherblades as the main baddie in EoD with the void and Soo Wan going into season 6. But, they were clearly bored of the arc and wanted a quick wrap up

• Like 1

I'm disappointed we're not getting to see more of Cantha now, but it's entirely possible we'll go back there at some point.

Now the main story isn't focusing on the Elder Dragons we don't have to have expansions focused on a specific region. Anet might still do that but they could also do storylines which affect the whole world and add maps anywhere, kind of like in Season 3 when we got maps in Maguuma, the Ring of Fire, the Shiverpeaks, Kryta and Orr.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Well they added Luxon weapons as drops in Gyala, but I'm mostly disappointed they didn't do anything for the Kurzick side. Cantha is "supergreen" but they added amber as an afterthought. I was so hoping for an extra quarterly update with a Kurzick themed area, but I guess that ship has sailed.

I remember the armor sets well from the Kurzick side in GW1 and how cool the designs were. So yeah, I'm disappointed with that.

Echovald Wilds is the Kurzik zone. If anything, the problem was with us getting nothing in terms of Luxon zones..

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Echovald Wilds is the Kurzik zone. If anything, the problem was with us getting nothing in terms of Luxon zones..

Indeed, nothing for the Luxons: no new buildings or the reuse of Jade Sea's famous OST, only NPCs and buildings with some generic canthans skins or outfits.

I just wanted to use my rollerbeetle on some jade big spaces, jump over the waves, between Luxon's tents and giants turtles but they kept us underground in a generic Cantha's mine holded by the Jade Brotherhood.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Considering the treatment of Cantha that we got I am not unhappy that we are moving on from the region. They brutally murdered the region, Id rather not hang around while they pissed on the body.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Confused 1