Virtuoso's dagger array frequently ruins story moments

Rubks.6048

There was some discussion last year about people being annoyed with the virtuoso's blades. It's really immersion breaking when your character is having a tender moment in the story, but they have an array of blades menacingly pointed at all times.

A toggle was proposed on multiple forums to solve this issue.

Some players don't want this because it hides information in PvP, this is understandable. They could be toggled on/off during combat, and always on in PvP. I don't see how that could be dissatisfying to anybody.

I believe the most time consuming thing to implement about this would be FX for the blades disappearing. For them appearing, they could easily pop in the FX currently used for when a blade is generated.

I figured that since there's an update coming soonish with weapon changes, maybe this is something that could be snuck in? 

Edited by Rubks.6048
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/3/2023 at 9:36 PM, Rubks.6048 said:

A toggle was proposed on multiple forums to solve this issue.

Some players don't want this because it hides information in PvP, this is understandable. They could be toggled on/off during combat, and always on in PvP. I don't see how that could be dissatisfying to anybody.

That option existed in GW1 for certain items like headgear and costumes, maybe it could be adapted to always-on "combat effects" like the dagger halo (and other skills) too: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:User_Teknomancer_gw1_showhide.jpg

• Like 1

Imagine joining the Order of Whispers, and old mate Tybalt is telling you to be low profile. 

But no, no no no no no. 

Not with 5 rotating glowsticks floating above your head. 

Tybalt "commander, could you at least put those kitten pink plastic swords away"

Edited by Varis.5467
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Varis.5467 said:

Imagine joining the Order of Whispers, and old mate Tybalt is telling you to be low profile. 

But no, no no no no no. 

Not with 5 rotating glowsticks floating above your head. 

Tybalt "commander, could you at least put those kitten pink plastic swords away"

Storywise, becoming a Mirage isn't even supposed to be possible at that point.

• Confused 2

I don't think the daggers need to be visible at all time, imo. They could just get fired off with the casting animation whenever you're about to use them without them hovering above your character beforehand. I've seen that happen as sometimes other players virtuoso character's dagges doesn't appear for me until they cast their spells and that honestly looks great that way. And I actually do prefer that after having seen it like that.

On 7/12/2023 at 10:30 PM, Pie.2167 said:

It would be nice if they just appeared when you drew your weapons, and disappeared when you stowed them.

If the daggers does have to somehow appear above the character for visibility or whatever, I think this might be the best option.

• Like 1