Bloodstone Brick Oven

Subject. How to obtain it for another character? I don't need it for free, I'm ready to spend gold and time on all the necessary reagents. I got the gourmet achievement with another character (it was more convenient), and as a result, this oven ended up with him, and I can't yet find out how to get it with another character.

From the Wiki:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gourmet_Training

• A Cooking Station for the home instance. (Chef characters over 425 only - even if that character does not have the Chef crafting profession active at that moment)
  • If a character levels to 500 chef without doing (or completing) the collection they will not see the upgraded station in the home instance even if another character has already completed the collection.
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes all other character just need to level cooking to 425

Right now there's an oven in the home instance, but it's regular, and only one character (who got the achievement) - has brick version. Is there any way for another character to get the same one? Reset the achievement, for example, or do it again, or whatever? I really didn't see anywhere that this was only for one character and there would be no possibility to make the same for another. What a [censored]?

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
  • If a character levels to 500 chef without doing (or completing) the collection they will not see the upgraded station in the home instance even if another character has already completed the collection.

I tried to start doing collection, but there is no dialog options in any NPC etc.

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

From the Wiki:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gourmet_Training

• A Cooking Station for the home instance. (Chef characters over 425 only - even if that character does not have the Chef crafting profession active at that moment)

So it can’t be gained if you are already 500 through crafting?

Just now, Parasite.5389 said:

the brick oven funtions identically to the default model, it's purely a cosmetic change, theres no real reason to be able to do the acheivement again

I agree, it's just a visual thing, but why not? Why not allow to get a brick version of the oven in some way? It's not about the oven automatically becoming such for all characters. As I've already said above, I'm ready to do the Gourmet achievement again to get such an oven for my main character. I haven't seen any warnings about this (really didn't see, maybe I missed due to carelessness).

7 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

it's a very minor detail that i don't see them adressing.
and i'm pretty sure most people don't use the cooking station in their home instance for cooking(I only use mine to access my bank)

And again, I can't disagree with you. Yes, it's just a visual detail, moreover, in a place that worries at most 1-3% of all players. Unfortunately, I'm one of those players. I'd like to see a list of such things that only one character can get just once in the entire game, so as not to repeat such a mistake in the future.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

the Brick version is only visible to the character that completed the acheviement, otherwise you'll see a standard model

Ohh. That’s very odd design, but as long as I can get the cooking station at least that’ll be fine

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Antrix.4512 said:

And again, I can't disagree with you. Yes, it's just a visual detail, moreover, in a place that worries at most 1-3% of all players. Unfortunately, I'm one of those players. I'd like to see a list of such things that only one character can get just once in the entire game, so as not to repeat such a mistake in the future.

I think you overestimate that % more like 0.1-0.3% bud

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I think you overestimate that % more like 0.1-0.3% bud

Maybe. But it doesn't really matter util the percentage isn't a 0. This is part of the game mechanics, and as long as there are players interested in it, you can't just say "forget about this, buddy, better go to a raid or fractal". But understandably, this is unlikely something ANet will be dealing with. I just saw that Seimur is available for other characters too, but he has no dialogues AND he has an achievement above him...
https://imgur.com/a/2yTJl3Q

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Confused 1

The achievement is only doable once but the "quest" can  be repeated on any character that you want the oven on. I was going to check the results but I am not wasting 35g on that

You can definite repeat the quest because I just did it right now up to the point where Luron is asking for the Heat Stones.

After talking to Seimur you just need to go talk to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sage then craft the 3 items he ask for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

The achievement is only doable once but the "quest" can  be repeated on any character that you want the oven on. I was going to check the results but I am not wasting 35g on that

You can definite repeat the quest because I just did it right now up to the point where Luron is asking for the Heat Stones.

After talking to Seimur you just need to go talk to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sage then craft the 3 items he ask for.

Interesting, I'll try it right now, thank you ^_^

Yes, it works and it only took 15 minutes. First you need to prepare Chef's Tasting Platter for Seimur in the home instance, after which the "quest" will move to the next phase and you will need to prepare three dishes near Sage - Bowl of Roasted Lotus Root, Flatbread and Chocolate Omnomberry Cake. Then again the next phase, Sage sends us to Luron, and we will have to buy a recipe and make Heat Stone x3 (or buy from the trading post, but I crafted it, because I have a lot of materials available). After that, we have to craft 10x Bloodstone Brick, use them in the lava (Mount Maelstorm), bring them to Luron, give him the stones and go to the home instance and wait for Deliveryman (it took me only 30 seconds). In total, I spent almost 2 gold, 15 minutes of time and got the desired result. Just the little things that count ^_^

https://imgur.com/a/W5ZLCUC

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Antrix.4512 said:

Yes, it works and it only took 15 minutes. First you need to prepare Chef's Tasting Platter for Seimur in the home instance, after which the "quest" will move to the next phase and you will need to prepare three dishes near Sage - Bowl of Roasted Lotus Root, Flatbread and Chocolate Omnomberry Cake. Then again the next phase, Sage sends us to Luron, and we will have to buy a recipe and make Heat Stone x3 (or buy from the trading post, but I crafted it, because I have a lot of materials available). After that, we have to craft 10x Bloodstone Brick, use them in the lava (Mount Maelstorm), bring them to Luron, give him the stones and go to the home instance and wait for Deliveryman (it took me only 30 seconds). In total, I spent almost 2 gold, 15 minutes of time and got the desired result. Just the little things that count ^_^

https://imgur.com/a/W5ZLCUC

So I am confused did you not try doing it before?

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So I am confused did you not try doing it before?

I tried to do it the same way I achieved the gourmand before, I just started cooking each dish near the chefs of each race, and the progress went as needed. But this time it doesn't work and I didn't understand what Seimur wanted from me at first, and in his dialogues on the wiki of his character I also didn't find that phrase from the first screenshot, and the hint was exactly in the description of the gourmand achievement on the wiki (in his dialogues, honestly, I don't recall crafting anything for him in the home instance when I was working on the achievement for the first time... maybe it was a long time ago and I simply forgot about it). In addition, I didn't immediately notice that he has an achievement icon hanging above him in the home instance, because I only paid attention to the default version of the oven. 

So, thanks to everyone who helped and to those who, as always, were "confused" to the max (I always find these people amusing and quite endearing in their own way 😚). Apparently, my inattention and not particularly informative articles on the wiki regarding that the 'quest' can be repeated by another character are to blame.

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Confused 2

51 minutes ago, Antrix.4512 said:

Apparently, my inattention and not particularly informative articles on the wiki regarding that the 'quest' can be repeated by another character are to blame.

I updated the page for the bloodstone brick oven, does this look correct?

Edited by Endaris.1452
  • Like 4