Any chance of getting an update on the follow up?

Acheron.1580

I don't think I'm alone in thinking people want to know they've been heard. Also if you are going to go silent all the way up to the patch again, please please please over tune buff duration timers, etc than under, because having a class be completely neutered for weeks between patches is really not fun. I know people don't like nerfs, and that is what happens when things are overtuned, but right now druid isn't even playable.

And for things you are going to ignore, (for example shade duration), do the community a favor and at least talk about the changes, the initial plan or goals you had with them, anything rather than just silence.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, oscuro.9720 said:

Isn’t that the pinned thread on the professions forum rn? It’s literally called “June 27 Balance Follow-Ups”…

Sorta but they failed to address some key issues like scourge shade duration, druid alacrity being tied to celestial avatar, or anything to do with scrapper. There was another spec they completely failed to address, too, as well as the Arc Divider changes.

They didn't respond to any feedback and haven't responded to players in the follow-up thread so players have no idea if they've been left on read or not. They also haven't gone into their reasoning for many of the changes or if there's a long term plan and the June 27th patch was step 1 and the best we've gotten is wait until the 18th and then maybe something will change, but they haven't responded to the feedback on their proposed changes for that patch, either, so players are in the dark about a lot of things right now.

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zephire.8049 said:

Sorta but they failed to address some key issues like scourge shade duration, druid alacrity being tied to celestial avatar, or anything to do with scrapper. There was another spec they completely failed to address, too, as well as the Arc Divider changes.

They didn't respond to any feedback and haven't responded to players in the follow-up thread so players have no idea if they've been left on read or not. They also haven't gone into their reasoning for many of the changes or if there's a long term plan and the June 27th patch was step 1 and the best we've gotten is wait until the 18th and then maybe something will change, but they haven't responded to the feedback on their proposed changes for that patch, either, so players are in the dark about a lot of things right now.

Ah, okay. I believe a lot of the justification for 6/27 changes were explained in their livestream but not transcribed in patch notes? Other than that, I get what you mean. 

5 hours ago, Zephire.8049 said:

Shade duration no one likes but the other two have got people supporting the changes so I doupt they will go back. 

Druid, Scrapper, Chronomancer have more positives than negatives with their changes. Druid got a much needed damage boost, Scrapper got a far more active and varied rotation, Chronomancer can now maintain boons without some convaluted build. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

It would be really unusual for them to engage before then but as much as I wish they would, I just hope they are actually reading the outpouring of thoughts here and taking them to heart and having serious discussions at a high level about real and meaning changes.

• Like 1

would love to get a follow-up, the pinned post is just a "woops we F'ed up" post - the real question is did the balance team read the other feedback, are there any other changes, what are the next steps are &  what is their goal?  Several people including myself have suggested to increase the boon share range on druid while in CA and not limit it to the healing radius. Until now I do not know if 1 dev actually bothered to read this. 

The problem is that nobody knows at this moment what the vision is from the devs for each class. 

Maybe it's time for a Q&A from the Dev team on some hot topics raised by the community regarding the class balance and combat. 
Can be done in general with a further breakdown per class. 

Edited by Halbarz.3854
wanted to add (^_^) to the reason for edit
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/5/2023 at 10:43 PM, Mell.4873 said:

Druid, Scrapper, Chronomancer have more positives than negatives with their changes. Druid got a much needed damage boost...

Pain. PAAAAAIN. Yea the druid class, a non-dps spec, got a damage boost, and made the core of it being a support build completely miserable. That is not a positive change at all. I personally didn't care if druid got a damage spec because it was clearly a healing spec. Do I think it's welcome? Sure, it's fine, it does pretty comparable damage, but they did it entirely at the expense of the heal alac druid, which now if you want to play is basically watching nothing but cooldowns, pet swapping on cooldown to also spam pet cooldowns, getting into celestial avatar to spam 1, and you barely get to keep prot, alac and might up. It does nothing of what it used to, and it isn't fun to play.

People would also argue that the loss of ancestral seeds, the sword rework, and the untamed rework are all pretty negative (though that last one isn't druid, and fervent force needed to go for the health of the game, even if it was a fun spec to play).

Edited by Acheron.1580
Cause I forgot wvw / pvp again
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Pain. PAAAAAIN. Yea the druid class, a non-dps spec, got a damage boost, and made the core of it being a support build completely miserable. That is not a positive change at all. I personally didn't care if druid got a damage spec because it was clearly a healing spec. Do I think it's welcome? Sure, it's fine, it does pretty comparable damage, but they did it entirely at the expense of the heal alac druid, which now if you want to play is basically watching nothing but cooldowns, pet swapping on cooldown to also spam pet cooldowns, getting into celestial avatar to spam 1, and you barely get to keep prot, alac and might up. It does nothing of what it used to, and it isn't fun to play.

People would also argue that the loss of ancestral seeds, the sword rework, and the untamed rework are all pretty negative (though that last one isn't druid, and fervent force needed to go for the health of the game, even if it was a fun spec to play).

People for the longest time wanted to play Druid in Open World PvE and basically couldn't due how poor the damage was.
In terms of boons, they can be tweaked since Druid should be able to provide permanently Protection/Alacrity/Might with 80%+ boon duration.

Again, Fervent Force was bad for Rangers and if they stuck with this Trait, it was very likely we would see core nerfs especially with Path of Scars.

This is the sacrifice of the few for the many, seems like the entire patch was for that end. Even the Scrouge Shade change will help the Casual players since the placement is less important.
This is a casual game after all, there are plenty of other games out there if you want something different.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

On 7/6/2023 at 1:01 AM, oscuro.9720 said:

Isn’t that the pinned thread on the professions forum rn? It’s literally called “June 27 Balance Follow-Ups”…

People want more follow up because they gonna address only a little part of all the duck ups they have done in the peoples eyes. 

It basically looks like they punched 10 people in the gut and only said sorry to the 2 who managed to cry the loudest. 

On 7/11/2023 at 4:51 PM, Mell.4873 said:

People for the longest time wanted to play Druid in Open World PvE and basically couldn't due how poor the damage was.
In terms of boons, they can be tweaked since Druid should be able to provide permanently Protection/Alacrity/Might with 80%+ boon duration.

Again, Fervent Force was bad for Rangers and if they stuck with this Trait, it was very likely we would see core nerfs especially with Path of Scars.

This is the sacrifice of the few for the many, seems like the entire patch was for that end. Even the Scrouge Shade change will help the Casual players since the placement is less important.
This is a casual game after all, there are plenty of other games out there if you want something different.

Nope you could, I ran condi druid open world long before the patch. It didn't melt enemies but it was hardy and had a lot of options.

So that is quite a non-argument, unless you feel every build should be one-shotting open world mobs and mowing down elites and champs in thirty seconds.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Batalix.2873 said:

Nope you could, I ran condi druid open world long before the patch. It didn't melt enemies but it was hardy and had a lot of options.

So that is quite a non-argument, unless you feel every build should be one-shotting open world mobs and mowing down elites and champs in thirty seconds.

You don't understand. If a elite Spec doesn't have a 40k+ dps benchmark on snowcrow's, it's literally UNPLAYABLE!!! 11!!111!

Even in Openworld! 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Batalix.2873 said:

It literally doubled in damage in terms of benchmarks. Now in practical terms if you played Staff Druid your damage has gone through the roof, any other Druid weapon combination it is probably 20-30% increase. 

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

You don't understand. If a elite Spec doesn't have a 40k+ dps benchmark on snowcrow's, it's literally UNPLAYABLE!!! 11!!111!

Even in Openworld! 

This might come off as a joke but right now Ranger has a build for all 3 Elites that is over 40k DPS so now is the best time to be a Rangers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

No, Arenanet has a firm belief that patches should be feeling like a gatcha.
They'll actually willfully hide informations from their patchnotes to create surprise. (Mace mechanist change for example, 3 weeks after the patch and it is still not documented anywhere on any patch notes) 

The Follow up message is basically 'here's the direction we are thinking of, we will now proceed shutting down all channels of communication until the patch is released and will implement additionnal changes without warning'

Edited by Atomnium.1532
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1