Please take urgent action and address Catalyst before July 18th

Lonecap.4105

Not a single goddamn mention towards anything Ele.

Come on man.

I swear to god if this bull**** isn't fixed on the 18th, I'm hard walking away for good.

This is truly like 10 steps past unacceptable and I'm tired of wasting my time "waiting" for Arenanet.

The pros to the game's inherent mechanical engine design always kind of outweighed other factors for me, which is why I've stayed as long as I have. But this Ele bull**** lately is outweighing anything good about this game's inherent design. They are going to straight lose their hardcore player base from this, and it'll be in a fashion that pisses them off to such a point that they'll likely never trust Arenanet's products ever again.

I have no idea what this company is thinking.

Whatever man.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

@Flowki.7194 i mean there is still a difference between necr (hard struggle against cc's), Warrior (skills are rly ezy to Dodge and no Skill Hit = your death), mesmer (1 hit means your half-Live), ele (many buttons to Press).

All this means warr and Necro are ezy to Play but hard to master. Mes is just idk not hard or ezy to Play but also not hard or ezy to master just something in the middle. Ele is actually like hard to Play but more than ezy to master cause once you get combos done faste enough your kinda Feeling like a raidboss lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Flowki.7194 i mean there is still a difference between necr (hard struggle against cc's), Warrior (skills are rly ezy to Dodge and no Skill Hit = your death), mesmer (1 hit means your half-Live), ele (many buttons to Press).

All this means warr and Necro are ezy to Play but hard to master. Mes is just idk not hard or ezy to Play but also not hard or ezy to master just something in the middle. Ele is actually like hard to Play but more than ezy to master cause once you get combos done faste enough your kinda Feeling like a raidboss lol

None of that is true, or makes sense. Effectiveness and difficulty are complete different things. For example, sitting in fire attunment spamming auto attack and signets is easy, but see how effective it is against enemy who are not braindead. I litterally won a game today against a match manipulating team of 3 cata who were basically doing that, and only spamming CC out of bewilderedment that their fool proof plan A failed. I didn't see a single sustain combo.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Flowki.7194 then those guys where rly hard trash as playing ele lel

Thats the point, 9 out of 10 are (Im not claiming to be amazing either btw). Before this patch I rarely seen a power cata, becuase despite popular beleif it is a very punishing spec for mistakes, the decent ones quickly rose to the top while the rest either went to something easier, or hover in lower elo. When I did see a cata, it was that avg type (like me), they were no more difficult to kill than an avg scrapper, while I rarely seen a ''good cata''. Good SB, mesmer and necro are all over mid/low elo.. anybody in that elo knows this is true, if you cut your bias, and they are far harder to kill than an avg cata, which is what 90% of us will realisitcally face.

Now I see catas in almost every game, every other at least, but they are mostly just bandwaggon players, the same type of people who jumped on scrapper and virt. They don't play like a more experianced ele at all, it clearly shows, because there are alot of abilities that they just don't use. For example, since the patch I have never even seen an ele save and use ride lightning as an escape, they just spam it as an opener or to chase a kill.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Not a single goddamn mention towards anything Ele.

Come on man.

I swear to god if this bull**** isn't fixed on the 18th, I'm hard walking away for good.

This is truly like 10 steps past unacceptable and I'm tired of wasting my time "waiting" for Arenanet.

The pros to the game's inherent mechanical engine design always kind of outweighed other factors for me, which is why I've stayed as long as I have. But this Ele bull**** lately is outweighing anything good about this game's inherent design. They are going to straight lose their hardcore player base from this, and it'll be in a fashion that pisses them off to such a point that they'll likely never trust Arenanet's products ever again.

I have no idea what this company is thinking.

Whatever man.

Been there done that. 

I've kicked mmos and shady publishers to the curb. I've not bought EoD to this day and I will most certainly not buy whatever expansion they're cooking up where basically everybody's a boon-giving warrior now. (Except that warrior doesn't really give boons lol..) But don't mind me! I'll be on the Steam forums (where gw2 loyalists don't control it...) telling the details about this game and to dissuade people from gw2. This game is designed and ran by amateurs and its peak has long passed. The gw series has gotten by on mediocrity and good public relations for years. Anyone that says otherwise has their head in the sand.

Not a chance I'm spending 25 bucks just to see warrior get dumped on again and see this already mediocre action-RPG hybrid combat system turn into garbage. I've got other games to play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/7/2023 at 12:05 PM, Flowki.7194 said:

Seems like the necro, warrior and mesmers are just angry that catas ''low skill loadout'' is currently better than there ''low skill loadout''. We are dogs fighting over scraps here.

mesmers, necros, and warriors are angry that their skill-cap skill loadout loses to cata that knows what some of his abilities do and sometimes even uses them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/7/2023 at 8:59 AM, Flowki.7194 said:

Thats the point, 9 out of 10 are (Im not claiming to be amazing either btw). Before this patch I rarely seen a power cata, becuase despite popular beleif it is a very punishing spec for mistakes, the decent ones quickly rose to the top while the rest either went to something easier, or hover in lower elo. When I did see a cata, it was that avg type (like me), they were no more difficult to kill than an avg scrapper, while I rarely seen a ''good cata''. Good SB, mesmer and necro are all over mid/low elo.. anybody in that elo knows this is true, if you cut your bias, and they are far harder to kill than an avg cata, which is what 90% of us will realisitcally face.

Now I see catas in almost every game, every other at least, but they are mostly just bandwaggon players, the same type of people who jumped on scrapper and virt. They don't play like a more experianced ele at all, it clearly shows, because there are alot of abilities that they just don't use. For example, since the patch I have never even seen an ele save and use ride lightning as an escape, they just spam it as an opener or to chase a kill.

So you're defending cata because bad players can't play it? This is terrible logic. Yes, Bad players don't generate enough auras to take advantage of catas busted traits. When players do however is when this class becomes god tier and extremely oppressive.

21 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Been there done that. 

I've kicked mmos and shady publishers to the curb. I've not bought EoD to this day and I will most certainly not buy whatever expansion they're cooking up where basically everybody's a boon-giving warrior now. (Except that warrior doesn't really give boons lol..) But don't mind me! I'll be on the Steam forums (where gw2 loyalists don't control it...) telling the details about this game and to dissuade people from gw2. This game is designed and ran by amateurs and its peak has long passed. The gw series has gotten by on mediocrity and good public relations for years. Anyone that says otherwise has their head in the sand.

Not a chance I'm spending 25 bucks just to see warrior get dumped on again and see this already mediocre action-RPG hybrid combat system turn into garbage. I've got other games to play.

Warrior is incredibly strong right now dude. Not sure you're aware of that fact, or maybe all you like to do is complain. 

26 minutes ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

So you're defending cata because bad players can't play it? This is terrible logic. Yes, Bad players don't generate enough auras to take advantage of catas busted traits. When players do however is when this class becomes god tier and extremely oppressive.

No, what I am saying is that people are completely overreacting (or have serious l2p issues), acting like every single cata player is now a demi-god who cannot be killed. That is not true at all, I have killed and seen die plenty of bandwaggon catas, who sit spamming signets and auto attacking. They get 2 seconds of reflects (becuase they don't even combo), and what, 4 single clenses? any half decent ranger/condi necro/scrapper, etc, should be having a field day with most of the current catas, who really think they can run at people auto attacking only. Genuinely easy kills.

I have also said multiple times that cata in good hands is broken, the stability from signets +auto attack damage is a joke, before combos. Its unlikely they will change the auto attack, but I feel they should remove the stability from signets as a vital start. I know for a fact this is the major issue. I have played a very similar condi signet load out on DPS tempest for months (which is even better now). I still play it now, and nobody is complaining about it, not once. Removing the stability will make it 5x faster to destroy bad cata players, I honestly garuntee you that.

If you don't beleive me, run the signet setup on core ele, and see how fast you crumble when attacked if you don't actively mitigate. I can link anybody the current build Ive been using. Its well balanced.. and it would be a shame for the signets to get nerfed to hell for core ele/tempest, just becuase of cata stability spam.

Edited by Flowki.7194

23 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

No, what I am saying is that people are completely overreacting (or have serious l2p issues), acting like every single cata player is now a demi-god who cannot be killed. That is not true at all, I have killed and seen die plenty of bandwaggon catas, who sit spamming signets and auto attacking. They get 2 seconds of reflects (becuase they don't even combo), and what, 4 single clenses? any half decent ranger/condi necro/scrapper, etc, should be having a field day with most of the current catas, who really think they can run at people auto attacking only. Genuinely easy kills.

I have also said multiple times that cata in good hands is broken, the stability from signets +auto attack damage is a joke, before combos. Its unlikely they will change the auto attack, but I feel they should remove the stability from signets as a vital start. I know for a fact this is the major issue. I have played a very similar condi signet load out on DPS tempest for months (which is even better now). I still play it now, and nobody is complaining about it, not once. Removing the stability will make it 5x faster to destroy bad cata players, I honestly garuntee you that.

If you don't beleive me, run the signet setup on core ele, and see how fast you crumble when attacked if you don't actively mitigate. I can link anybody the current build Ive been using. Its well balanced.. and it would be a shame for the signets to get nerfed to hell for core ele/tempest, just becuase of cata stability spam.

Well said tbh.

im terrible on an ele against any half decent player but when kitten does work out its a super oppresive class, on my core guard(core guard 4 life) I can outlast some 1v1's with catas but  in group fights they can be an absolute menace.

I honestly dont know as I dont face the top echelons of players but I can imagine that in the top tier they are absolutely horrible to face.

I honestly think jade sphere combo fields/blasts are just insane, in combination with the cd reset ultimate. How are any of these on such short cd's is beyond me.

Edited by demonbeetle.2387

2 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

If you played in Plat queues, then you would understand. In low elo, anything can feel weak, anything can feel busted. A players skill effects the output of the spec being played. Its a familiar concept to everyone. If you can kill some random cata in unranked or silver queue, that's cool, but it's a weak argument and diminishes your credibility. A g3 power chono is vastly different that a p2 power chrono. 

The Signet trait is overloaded. It's two GM traits in 1 and requires nerfs. Every sane person agrees that cata needs ICD on stab. Fire auto and churning earth are also overperforming. Oh and one more thing, why does Spectacular Sphere give so much kittening might?

In regards to your core ele statement, saying that something isn't strong because it doesn't make a core class good is redundant. Core classes are underpowered in PvP, it's both unfortunate and a fact of the game. Justifying balance by pointing to core classes gets no where. 

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

When even in a high gold elo match, where people are still lacking knowledge about the game/class/build whatever, a cata can still kite a whole team is saying something about the current state of the class, and even tho not in every match, but I have seen 4-5 people chasing a cata and are just unable to get it down, too much stuff on them to let anyone any kind of outplay potentional

Yes, I agree to some degree with your point about some people having L2P issues, yes, but when I go against even just someone from my elo, and that person is playing cata, I have significantly lower chance of winning than against other classes, and I 1v1 a lot

Catas are just able to kite you without any effort, they have too much boons and too much damage reduction on themselves, not even talking about stab, and don't even get me started on playing condi... Like, FA sometimes used to kill people with burning, a power build, now imagine that with the current kitten of signet condi cata

• Thanks 2