Unfair pricing for old players

1 minute ago, Heroic.6740 said:

Steam is Anet because there is not a STEAM SERVER of the game. We are playing totally same game but different prices.

You understand that the steam players are using the steam launcher and that their accounts are using steam exclusive product keys? If Steam were to fail then the steam players would lose access to Gw2. The Anet clients would be totally unaffected. It isn't about servers, it is about which company is hosting the client.   I think...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

OK well if that's how it works, go ahead and buy the locally priced version from the anet store.

1 minute ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

You understand that the steam players are using the steam launcher and that their accounts are using steam exclusive product keys? If Steam were to fail then the steam players would lose access to Gw2. The Anet clients would be totally unaffected. It isn't about servers, it is about which company is hosting the client.   I think...

Theres a Bar and you were the old customer of it, then you ordered a beer for 25€, some time past but you are still in that bar and  suddenly another customer came in to bar from a different door. The barmen gave the man beer for 8€. How its fair xD

Edited by Heroic.6740
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, costepj.5120 said:

The new customer entered during Happy Hour. You should have waited nine years before buying your beer.

Yeah its Happy Hour! Then i want a new beer, the barmen said "You cant get it for 8€, you came earlier" But im still in the same bar

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, costepj.5120 said:

The new customer entered during Happy Hour. You should have waited nine years before buying your beer.

It isn't that the new customer came in at happy hour. It is that the 2nd customer was offered a cheaper price by a different man standing behind the bar. The first barman owns the bar. The 2nd barman has permission to sell drinks, but he owns nothing in the bar and has limited access to the stock.  The two barmen keep separate ledgers so you have to pay them separately and they will not transfer your tab.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heroic.6740 said:

What if the first bar waters it? How do i know if im started to drink with the first bar?

You've been drinking at this bar for years. If you enjoyed the experience and were happy to pay the prices, why should you care what anyone else is paying?

Just now, Zebulous.2934 said:

Yeni müşteri mutlu saatte geldiğinden değil. 2. müşteriye barın arkasında duran farklı bir adam tarafından daha ucuz bir fiyat teklif edilmiş olmasıdır . İlk barmen barın sahibidir. 2. barmenin içecek satma izni var ama barda hiçbir şeye sahip değil ve stoklara sınırlı erişimi var. İki barmen ayrı defterler tutar, bu yüzden bunları ayrı ayrı ödemeniz gerekir ve faturanızı transfer etmezler.

Then i walked to that man with my glass. Could you refill it please and he said "No! You can't get beer from me in the same bar" 

ısn't it still funny xD thats totally unfair 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, costepj.5120 said:

You've been drinking at this bar for years. If you enjoyed the experience and were happy to pay the prices, why should you care what anyone else is paying?

I want to pay same price as them. Why do i spent more for same thing if theres an option for it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heroic.6740 said:

Then i walked to that man with my glass. Could you refill it please and he said "No! You can't get beer from me in the same bar" 

ısn't it still funny xD thats totally unfair 

You would have a leg to stand on if Anet did not come out and say this before they launched on steam.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-tenth-anniversary-and-steam-launch-on-august-23/

The Complete Collection won’t be immediately available to players outside of Steam, but we’ll be working to add it to our web store and the in-game store for players with accounts created via GuildWars2.com in the near future.

(Note: Existing Guild Wars 2 accounts can’t be linked to Steam and vice versa. Please visit our knowledge base for more info.)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, costepj.5120 said:

You can pay the same price as them. They pay a certain amount for a new account on Steam You can do the same.

So you mean i need to sell my account illegally then i need to buy all expansions + gems and still have some money in my pocket to start over?

• Confused 3

Just now, Heroic.6740 said:

So you mean i need to sell my account illegally then i need to buy all expansions + gems and still have some money in my pocket to start over?

No you will have to buy a new account and keep your old account, you can still get login rewards from it so you dont have to buy gems on steam.

You can the gift/transfer stuff from your old accountt to your steam account.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Heroic.6740 said:

There are 2 separate stores... I have a 9 year old geared character with HoT and PoF. I wish to use Steam "STORE" to buy the expansions. But the game forces me to buy it somewhere else.

Yes, there are two separate stores. One owned by Anet, one owned by Steam. They set their pricing different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heroic.6740 said:

In summary, I have to quit the game until this problem is fixed, because Steam players can access the same game, the same items, 10€ cheaper from the same country. I wish you all good forums.

Well dont hold your breath that this preceived  issue your having going to get solved anytime soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

So, is ANet in charge of the regional price differences on Steam, or is Steam?  If the latter, you're complaining to the wrong provider.

ArenaNet. Steam suggests a price for each currency and ArenaNet either accepts it or puts whatever they want. The price is fixed, so when the exchange rate changes, this is the result. EoD is $1 = 14.92, SotO is $1 = 19.28, and for comparison, ESO is $1 = 9.98, which is the recommended price.

• Confused 3