Just a maybe very weird theory........

Myror.7521

My theory is that they gonna delete the other Primal bursts soon too. Arc Divider was just the start. 

Scorched Earth with a 25 target cap is obviously an outlier that need to be fixed. 

We will get Combustion shot 2.0 instead with a 5 target cap. 

Gunflame being Aoe is also obviously OP. Wait for Red Kill Shot. 

Decapitate having no CD makes Quick Zerker to problematic to balance. 

Hallo Eviserate 2.0 But in red. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

What if they just reworked Arc Divider in case to give the 3 Spin Version to warrs new weapon (staff)? Only wana mentioned it here...... me still hope staff will be a Support weapon xd

To be fair, this wouldn't be off brand for them. There have been multiple instances across the game where a mechanic has been removed from one profession or spec only to be introduced in another the following expack. 

If that's the case just...idunno be up front and honest about it so that I know I'm not arguing against a change that was made because they thought it would be better, and am instead arguing against  room for additional skills. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

I said the very same thing in the staff thread. Instead of people contemplating ways to get AD back, put it in staff and, like I said before, don't give it a hundred blades equivalent skill.

A pole- vault targeted leap, a spin-dash that reflects and clears condis, a burst that spins 2 times and transfers boons from target and a primal burst that spins 3 times and converts condis on self.  Flavor the other 2 skills + autos however.

EDIT: some names ideas; Disarming Spin for the burst and Grizzly Reversal for the Primal burst.

Edited by Leo G.4501

2 hours ago, Leo G.4501 said:

I said the very same thing in the staff thread. Instead of people contemplating ways to get AD back, put it in staff and, like I said before, don't give it a hundred blades equivalent skill.

A pole- vault targeted leap, a spin-dash that reflects and clears condis, a burst that spins 2 times and transfers boons from target and a primal burst that spins 3 times and converts condis on self.  Flavor the other 2 skills + autos however.

EDIT: some names ideas; Disarming Spin for the burst and Grizzly Reversal for the Primal burst.

The problem is that Warrior doesn't need another damage stick, it already has GS for that and most of the kit is garbage, the hit things to do damage niche is filled to the brim like the whole off hand debacle having multiple weapons doing the same kitten. 
I just hope that the staff is not yet another stick to do damage. 

• Like 1

@Vancho.8750 Every weapon is going to still hit stuff. Rather than deconstructing it to "do damage", why not look at optional utility as well? Having a skill that is a movement doesn't really boil down to "do damage niche" so a pole vault skill not only makes it useable in more scenarios but also interacts with traits like Warrior's Sprint. If you make the leap a leap finisher + a blast finisher at the landing zone, that gives more utility. There's also the option to make it an evade or inflict cripple at the landing zone for more interaction with traits. You could also make the skill do no damage and have multiple charges for added mobility.

The reflect+condi cleanse could have other attributes like stun or knockback, whirl finisher or a plethora of other utility like a short burst of super speed.

The burst should do damage. I don't think tying support boons or heals to a burst is smart to do.  Utility like boon transfer (from foes) or condi converts for the primal seem like extra utility that could benefit in PvP/WvW since those aren't things that War has access to not to mention they also interact with other traits like Loss Aversion/Enchantment Collapse. The burst should indeed to damage too. Whether you're a boon support or healer, you should still be able to do something useful with your adrenaline. 

That still leaves 2 other skills and the auto chain for your support/heal since that is seemingly what people want out of Staff for Warrior. Unless they go the banner route, the weapon can't just heal and nothing else. Even Rev staff is decent for damage and breakbars along with its condi removal/healing.

58 minutes ago, Leo G.4501 said:

@Vancho.8750 Every weapon is going to still hit stuff. Rather than deconstructing it to "do damage", why not look at optional utility as well? Having a skill that is a movement doesn't really boil down to "do damage niche" so a pole vault skill not only makes it useable in more scenarios but also interacts with traits like Warrior's Sprint. If you make the leap a leap finisher + a blast finisher at the landing zone, that gives more utility. There's also the option to make it an evade or inflict cripple at the landing zone for more interaction with traits. You could also make the skill do no damage and have multiple charges for added mobility.

The reflect+condi cleanse could have other attributes like stun or knockback, whirl finisher or a plethora of other utility like a short burst of super speed.

The burst should do damage. I don't think tying support boons or heals to a burst is smart to do.  Utility like boon transfer (from foes) or condi converts for the primal seem like extra utility that could benefit in PvP/WvW since those aren't things that War has access to not to mention they also interact with other traits like Loss Aversion/Enchantment Collapse. The burst should indeed to damage too. Whether you're a boon support or healer, you should still be able to do something useful with your adrenaline. 

That still leaves 2 other skills and the auto chain for your support/heal since that is seemingly what people want out of Staff for Warrior. Unless they go the banner route, the weapon can't just heal and nothing else. Even Rev staff is decent for damage and breakbars along with its condi removal/healing.

He means that we don't need another melee power dps stick. Another melee condi dps stick with an emphasis on support would be okay, but full support is more of what we need.

• Thanks 4