Instead of selling skyscale, how about remaking or even replacing strikes and raids?

• Peter.3901 changed the title to Instead of selling skyscale, how about remaking or even replacing strikes and raids?
1 hour ago, Peter.3901 said:

Seriously, why those modes still exists? they are fullfilled with sellers all the time, do you want to kill the game or what?

Huh? This is quite a hot take. Complaining about LFG is one thing, but about raids/strikes is different entirely. They exist because people play them. How are these game modes killing the game?

This is a first that I am hearing about sellers in group content trying to sell stuff. I have never seen anyone do this in a 10 man squad strike/raid squad. More people do this in trading hubs where there are way more people. Where are you playing that you are seeing this? What server/timezone?

How is a new gamemode going to solve this problem? Those same people will just run to the next available group content. You have the ability to block people in-game. Use it.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Peter.3901 said:

Seriously, why those modes still exists? they are fullfilled with sellers all the time, do you want to kill the game or what?

Most people don't interact with that content anyway.  GW2 is a casual MMO and attracts mostly casual players.  It doesn't matter how many times they remake those game modes the nature of that kind of content is what makes them unpopular with the majority of GW2 players.  The serious raiders are playing WOW or FF14.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, HonesltlyX.7164 said:

This is a first that I am hearing about sellers in group content trying to sell stuff. I have never seen anyone do this in a 10 man squad strike/raid squad. More people do this in trading hubs where there are way more people. Where are you playing that you are seeing this? What server/timezone?

It's not people who are already in a group trying to sell stuff to the other members. It's people who can complete raids or strikes with fewer people selling completion. You'll see it sometimes in LFG - groups offering guaranteed clears in return for gold. I don't think it's official supported, but Anet don't stop it either.

But I suspect this is one of those situations where LFG can be misleading. A group which doesn't fill up will sit there for ages whereas the popular ones might only be visible for less than a minute because it fills up and then it's removed. I've seen it before when I've been looking for groups for dailies - by the time I spot an advert, read it and think about if I want to join it's gone again. That doesn't mean there's actually more people selling completion, if anything it shows there's more people wanting to do it themselves than paying for someone else to carry them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I will not speak for raids, but strikes are played.
I got a comm tag so if I want to strike I just create a lfg myself.
And unlike some "HR players" who want you to present whole resume with amount of KP that could buy you a whole island I just want you to join and play.

I get full group in like 3 minutes. Often it's not funny how fast I gotta edit lfg so I don't end up with 10 dps players in 30 seconds 😜
It's just KP-holes and raid sellers are most visible because groups like mine get filled turbo fast, while theirs are up there waiting...and waiting..

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

there's a handful of reasons why (at least on EU) the Strikes LFG often LOOKS empty, while in reality it is not as bad as it seems. 

1. people often are not confident in tagging up. Being able to take the responsibility for the squad (even if not real, but only implied) is not something everyone is capable of. That also makes  people afraid of "being framed" in case the group cannot really clear the content. They also may be just.... not good at explaining stuff, and rather would just "go along" than taking the lead
  2. groups often fill up very quickly. at least the moment where quickness and alacrity-spots are filled. the moment you post a squad into lfg looking only for dps, the squads fills up INSTANTLY (and as result, disappears from the lfg). this makes the lfg look less active than it is in reality. 
  3. day and time. especially on mondays, the majority of players does their weekly clears, just to get it done for the week. this draws away players on the other days, as you usually will find groups for daily clears at best, full clears are pretty rare on non-mondays. 
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

What are you guys talking about raid, strike lfg being empty? Its the most populated section of all in prime time (eu). 

That's the issue though.

It's varies greatly, depending on the day time and the service region. And the NA service region contains many players from all around the globe, not just NA players. The Australian players have a different "prime time" than the North American players. And then there are Europeans that escaped the language salad to play on the mostly English NA servers, which yet again have another "prime time". I also met quite a number of (self-proclaimed) Asian players, who have yet other "prime times."

EU like has that as well,, but I think it's on a much smaller scale over there.

On NA, I hardly ever see any entry in the raid training LFG during EU "prime time" (I'm one of the aforementioned salad escapees). And the regular raid entries mostly are sell runs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Custodio.6134 said:

there's a handful of reasons why (at least on EU) the Strikes LFG often LOOKS empty, while in reality it is not as bad as it seems. 

1. people often are not confident in tagging up. Being able to take the responsibility for the squad (even if not real, but only implied) is not something everyone is capable of. That also makes  people afraid of "being framed" in case the group cannot really clear the content. They also may be just.... not good at explaining stuff, and rather would just "go along" than taking the lead

This one annoys me, specifically when I do it. I don't even know why - I know the group will fill up if I start one and that I'm not actually expected to be the leader (especially since when I do start one I'll usually say I don't know what I'm doing) but sometimes I can't bring myself to do it, it just feels like less trouble if someone else does it. It's completely irrational because what I do in the group is the same either way, but I can't seem to get over it when it happens.

• Sad 1

I did my first raid last month. Not advertised. I was just on EoTN after dragonstorm and someone whispered me about how they liked my character and how is it that i wasn't on a guild yet. Invited me over and two nights later W1 was done. Out of nowhere, got kidnapped into a raid and did it with a bunch of newbies as i am. They do get done more than people think, lfg is nowhere near evidence of how an scene is doing.

I also do strikes weekly. You don't see 10 groups listed at a time because they fill up rather quickly and people do them naturally as they have time. If you are like me and like to see lfg randomly over the day you will see how groups form and fill pretty quickly. They are obviously more active after reset, but not that much because almost everyone is doing some farm that also starts at that hour.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

Seriously, why those modes still exists?

Raids? Because while they are not being developed further, leaving them as they are costs significantly less resources than any attempt to do something with them. See dungeons case. Strikes on the other hand are still being developed, so... (and, again, if they'll ever stop being developed, they will just be left as they are, that, Anet standard operating procedure by now)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That's the issue though.

It's varies greatly, depending on the day time and the service region. And the NA service region contains many players from all around the globe, not just NA players. The Australian players have a different "prime time" than the North American players. And then there are Europeans that escaped the language salad to play on the mostly English NA servers, which yet again have another "prime time". I also met quite a number of (self-proclaimed) Asian players, who have yet other "prime times."

EU like has that as well,, but I think it's on a much smaller scale over there.

On NA, I hardly ever see any entry in the raid training LFG during EU "prime time" (I'm one of the aforementioned salad escapees). And the regular raid entries mostly are sell runs.

Well the prime time comment was actually redundant because every mode is more active in prime time. I actually checked lfg yesterday after my comment. It was at 23.30 cet which is over prime time during the week. 

There were 10+ raid listings, only 1 was seller and one was guild recruitment. Rest were just pugs half without kp req. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Well the prime time comment was actually redundant because every mode is more active in prime time. I actually checked lfg yesterday after my comment. It was at 23.30 cet which is over prime time during the week. 

There were 10+ raid listings, only 1 was seller and one was guild recruitment. Rest were just pugs half without kp req. 

It's also a regional thing.

And while I usually do my dailies somewhere between 7 am to 11 am (UTC+1/+2, depending on summer time), I sometimes also play one or two hours up until 11 pm.

And whenever I check the raid lfg on NA, most runs I see are sell runs.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Raids? Because while they are not being developed further, leaving them as they are costs significantly less resources than any attempt to do something with them. See dungeons case. Strikes on the other hand are still being developed, so... (and, again, if they'll ever stop being developed, they will just be left as they are, that, Anet standard operating procedure by now)

Basically this. Dare I utter the name of a particular game that forces it's players to pay for dungeon\raid content only to take it away later? Rhymes with Restiny 2.

• Like 1